Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: favourite hollywood actor

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan View Post
    In "A Beautiful Mind" - the way he expresses about the girl he has met to his imaginatory friend.
    The scene at the university - when his colleagues appreciate him with placing a pen on the table for his achievement (winning the nobel prize)
    his voice modulation and subtle expressions when he delivers the speech at the nobel awards ceremony

There are many scenes - I think you should revist the entire flick. paathuttE irukkalaam - he was such a treat to watch in that movie - the one that would remain as one of my all time favourite movies ever.
    To add to that he was on his way to become one of the legends in the hollywood. His variation is unbelievable. Look at his transformation from Gladiator to troubled scientist in beautiful mind. Having understood the mannerisms of the John Nash he did an excellent job in portraying John Nash. His behavior at the press and in general affected his oscar chances heavily and that resulted in oscar for Denzel washington in training day. Even though Denzel washington has true calibre to win oscar on his own. As a result Russel crowe spoilt his career in hollywood and now it is very difficult for him to get back, what he has lost in his career.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer

Tom Hanks: Incredible, Charismatic and always a pleasure to watch. Brings out performances that arrests viewers across all ages. Second to None he works like a charm.
    Well put My most favourite actor

naan paartha sila padangaLai vaithu the list goes like this..

Tom Hanks
    Al Pacino
    Russel Crowe
    Denzel Washington
    Morgan Freeman
    Kevin Spacey
    Tim Robbins

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cinema View Post
    To add to that he was on his way to become one of the legends in the hollywood. His variation is unbelievable. Look at his transformation from Gladiator to troubled scientist in beautiful mind. Having understood the mannerisms of the John Nash he did an excellent job in portraying John Nash. His behavior at the press and in general affected his oscar chances heavily and that resulted in oscar for Denzel washington in training day. Even though Denzel washington has true calibre to win oscar on his own. As a result Russel crowe spoilt his career in hollywood and now it is very difficult for him to get back, what he has lost in his career.
    It was disappointing to learn that he missed the Oscars for "A Beautiful Mind" - His role was kind of writing definitions and theories about acting. Such a performance. Oh! I need to revisit again..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sticking to 2001, Crowe in Biutiful mind, & likes of Washington (Training day) were (And still are) recognized (by the idiots in Academy) over Gosling's turn in "The Believer" defies belief. Astonishing performance by Gosling, one of decade's best!
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arthi2780 View Post
    Which movie ? La haine (Hate) or Sheitan or Dobermann or ... some recent movies. I have watched mostly all of his movies. Have you seen "Black Swan" ?
    I did watch Black Swan (IMO best oscar english movie) but I thought it was a cake walk for him. The arrogance with the subtle seducing and all is there in his features itself, he dint have to put in the effort. And yeah I have seen La Haine and dobermann. I dint like dobermann that much but La Haine is a favorite and it is one of the movies I always want to watch again but just keep waiting for the right time. He was terrific in Irreversible too but who remembers him in it? But seriously I remember La haine being his finest closely followed by Mesrine. And I have been wanting to watch Read My Lips, heard that too is a good movie. Have you watched it? Is it good?
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black Swan is one of his worst performances, easily..
    ...an artist without an art.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Sticking to 2001, Crowe in Biutiful mind, & likes of Washington (Training day) were (And still are) recognized (by the idiots in Academy) over Gosling's turn in "The Believer" defies belief. Astonishing performance by Gosling, one of decade's best!
    I have not seen this movie yet so I can't comment about it. But as you said Oscar does not award for necessarily the best performance of the year. Lot of factors come into play including marketing, exposure and of course politics. But still when compared with indian awards it is still several times better.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crowe got my notice in L.A. Confidential. Nobody expressed raw rage like that after de Niro and Pacino. Superb supporting role. Then came The Insider. Completely lost himself in the role. Gladiator came and I was convinced that he was a combo of Brando and Charlton Heston. Beautiful Mind was awesome...theeeen....I waited, and waited, and still waiting...

Thilak, agree with you on Mitchum, Marvin and Lancaster.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Senior Hubber arthi2780's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kubrick View Post
    Read My Lips, heard that too is a good movie. Have you watched it? Is it good?
    Yes. Its a good movie. Its starts more like a Thriller and then develops into Drama with in depth view on human nature and emotions, then it bounces back all of a sudden. "Sur mes lèvres", the original title is in French. Jacques Audiard is a very good director too ... his recent movies "Un prophète" and "De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté" are worth mentioning. But do not expect the thrills and spins that we find in American movies. These movies are sensible as well as deals with characters and emotions rather than special effects and "Blue color"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove View Post
    Black Swan is one of his worst performances, easily..
    Then that just means that he's the best of the bests which I am not saying.

Quote Originally Posted by arthi2780 View Post
    Yes. Its a good movie. Its starts more like a Thriller and then develops into Drama with in depth view on human nature and emotions, then it bounces back all of a sudden. "Sur mes lèvres", the original title is in French. Jacques Audiard is a very good director too ... his recent movies "Un prophète" and "De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté" are worth mentioning. But do not expect the thrills and spins that we find in American movies. These movies are sensible as well as deals with characters and emotions rather than special effects and "Blue color"
    Sounds great! Un prophete was classy, not my kind ofa movie but there are no doubts about its class. The Beat That My Heart Skipped has stayed in my "Must watch" list for a long time too.

Dunno if it is allowed to talk about this, correct me if I am wrong. TPB has a seeded one (sur mes levres) but looks like it has no subs. Another one has 5 seeds but the size is a bit big. Any better link?
    Last edited by kubrick; 24th February 2011 at 10:04 PM.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast