Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: good songs you would recommend others to listen to

Post Thanks / Like
    "Take On Me" by a-ha (41 million views)

"Take on Me" is a song by the Norwegian synthpop band A-ha. Written by the band members, the song was produced by Alan Tarney for the group's first studio album Hunting High and Low, released in 1985. The song combines synthpop with a varied instrumentation that includes acoustic guitars, keyboards, and drums.

The original "Take on Me" was recorded in 1984, and took three releases to chart in the United Kingdom, reaching number two on the UK Singles Chart in November 1985. In the United States, the song reached the top position of the Billboard Hot 100 in October 1985, due in no small part to the wide exposure of its memorable and cutting-edge music video on MTV, directed by Steve Barron. The video features the band in a pencil-sketch animation method called rotoscoping, combined with live action. The video won six awards, and was nominated for two others at the 1986 MTV Video Music Awards.

This music video features lead singer Morten Harket and actress Bunty Bailey.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is for Ramky and the other youngsters of the Forum:

Englebert Humperdinck singing "love will set you free...". This song was recorded by him at the age of 77,
    and was released on March 19, 2012 as United Kingdom's entry at the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku, Azerbaijan.

Arnold George Dorsey was born in Madras (Chennai) on May 2, 1936, to a British father and a German mother.
    He grew up in England, and started his music career in the late 1950s. He took the stage name Englebert Humperdinck
    (after the 19th century German classical composer), and became one of the most popular crooners of those days.
    Some of his popular songs are: "after the lovin...", "help me make it through the night...", "I believe..." and "cant take my eyes off you..."

Here is Englebert live at the Royal Albert Hall in London, backed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra:

Footnote: "love will set you free...'" came 25th in the Eurovision contest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Englebert has got a nice voice, too bad he wasn't ranked even amongst the top ten in the Eurovision contest. Btw, it's been ages since someone called me a youngster (though I think I'm still young at heart) . Thnx RD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the "I think I'm still young at heart" Club Ramky!

"Another Brick in the Wall" by Pink Floyd has been a popular song. Part II of the song became even more popular
    after it was adopted as the theme song of the fall of the Berlin Wall! However, Parts I and III are not that well known
    or appreciated.

There have been a huge number of video and audio compilations of the song, all being available on line. The lyrics
    are also available. I would like to present one set of videos of the song(s) here:

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Last edited by raagadevan; 23rd April 2014 at 06:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    "From gospel and early R&B (Rhythm & Blues) to soul and jazz to blues and straight-up pop, Lou Rawls was a
    consummate master of African-American vocal music whose versatility helped him adapt to the changing
    musical times over and over again while always remaining unmistakably himself. Blessed with a four-octave
    vocal range, Rawls’ smooth, classy elegance permeated nearly everything he sang. He made his name as a
    crooner, first by singing jazz standards, then moving on to soul in the mid-'60s, and capped the most commercial
    phase of his career with a productive stint at Philadelphia International during the latter half of the '70s. Even after
    his days as a chart presence were over, Rawls remained a highly visible figure on the American cultural landscape,
    pursuing an acting and voice-over career in addition to his continued concert appearances, and doing
    extensive charity work."

Here is one of Rawls’ most popular songs…

“You’ll never find another love like mine…”

Last edited by raagadevan; 17th June 2016 at 11:14 AM.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Cranberry Lake" by Ari Hest -

"Lucky" - Jason Mraz -
    "The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Rocky III (1982) - I was studying in college when this film was released, and many pleasant memories of my college life are intertwined with the music of this movie. Rocky III is a 1982 American film that is the third installment in the Rocky film series. It is written and directed by and stars Sylvester Stallone as the title character, with Carl Weathers as former boxing rival Apollo Creed, Burgess Meredith as Rocky's trainer Mickey, and Talia Shire as Rocky's wife, Adrian.

The film's theme song "Eye of the Tiger", was written by the group Survivor at the request of Stallone, and became a smash hit single, topping the US Billboard music charts and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song.

Here are the songs from this movie :

Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor (32 million views)

Take You Back (Tough Gym) by Frank Stallone

Pushin' by Frank Stallone

Post Thanks / Like
    Reflections by Bill Conti

Mickey by Bill Conti

Adrian by Bill Conti

Post Thanks / Like
    Conquest by Bill Conti

Take You Back by Frank Stallone

Decision by Bill Conti

Gonna Fly Now (Rocky Training Theme Song)

Post Thanks / Like
    Send Me An Angel by REAL LIFE (1983) (9 million views)
    Band Origin: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
    Album: Heartland

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast