Dawn of the Dead

Out of Sight

More Later...
    Back after a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Proof of Life was another good movie with Russel Crowe and Meg Ryan in the lead.. The movie might remind you of Roja at times but has a well-knit screenplay...I dont think this movie was a big hit when it came out..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No it wasn't a hit. I remember watching it on TBS after only a few months of it's theatrical release. It is a good movie!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    21 Grams - I watched this movie recently.. Its an amazing movie revolving around 3 characters and their lives and they end up together... Manirathnam certainly took some inspiration from this movie when making 'aayudha ezuthu'.. I would recommend this movie to any 'Drama' movie lover..
    Very true Thiru

Just saw the movie.. Incredible performance by those three pivotal characters.. Esp. Sean Penn.. He was terrific in dead man walking and this performance is no less...

btw, DMW is another amazing movie, if someone hasnt watched it yet, I would highly recommend it.. 8)

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    great thread, thiru! been waiting for someone to start something on these lines, and only stumbled upon this thread today ...

anyway, my initial contributions:

1. The Color of Money (Paul Newman, Tom Cruise, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio)
    washed out pool champion 'fast' eddie felson (newman) runs into the prodigiously talented vincent (cruise) and takes him under his wing. But as vince becomes a big hit on the circuit, cracks develop between the two, prompting eddie to make a comeback as a player to prove that he still has the fire. check out this film - it has some of the most amazing pool table sequences ever put on film. i think paul newman won an oscar for this - not sure.

2. Awakenings (Robert De Niro, Robin Williams)
    a bunch of deathbed patients in a hospital miraculously return to consciousness after extended periods in coma. De Niro is awesome as a terminally ill victim savouring his last few days, while Williams is uncharacteristically subtle as the genial doctor trying desperately to connect with his patients.

3. JFK (Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones, Gary Oldman, Kevin Bacon)
    a brilliant, controversial reconstruction of the events leading up to the kennedy assassination, told through the eyes of jim garrison (costner), the attorney who reopens the case six years after it was officially closed. this is one for the ages - an all-time classic.

more later ...
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I AM Sam. Saw it on TV for the x # of times yesterday. Sean Penn was amazing in the movie. An emotional movie, and it was well done!

Closer. Jude Law ( ); Clive Owen, Natalie Portman and Julia Roberts acted well. It's a twisted love story between the four. It's different and interesting to understand the complexities of each character. I thought it was nicely done.

More to come...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthiya
    I AM Sam. Saw it on TV for the x # of times yesterday. Sean Penn was amazing in the movie. An emotional movie, and it was well done!
    hmmm ... wasn't 'I am Sam' remade into a hindi flick with ajay devgan in the lead? i think the film came out not so long ago ... anyone seen it?
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    addition to the list -

- Witness (harrision ford, kelly mcgillis)
    ford is an FBI agent assigned to investigate a high-profile murder case, in which a 10-year old boy is the key witness. good storyline, fast-paced ... great thriller overall. i think the kamal film 'Soorasamharam' was loosely based on this.

- Bruce Almighty (jim carrey, morgan freeman, jennifer aniston)
    not what you might call an all-time great film, but very entertaining nevertheless. great concept of a real-life loser getting to play God for a while, and the hilarious situations that ensue as a result.

another film with a somewhat similar theme is 'Oh! God' - a 1970s comedy starring john denver as the loser and george burns as God.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unchained melody and Ghost are two touching movies that I enjoyed and still hv tears in my eyes when I watch them!

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys watch such serious movies!
    What about 1. Go west by Groucha marx
    2. Shot in the Dark in pink panther series by Peter sellers. Any body liked them?

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast