Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information about Thirumanancheri Temple Needed

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Information about Thirumanancheri Temple Needed

Dear Hubbers, my friend wants to take his daughter to a temple in south India.It seems it is near Kumbakonam, the place is called Thirumanancheri. He does not know the temples name. He only knows that the diety is " Kalyanasundaraeswarar "
    I would be grateful if anyone can tell us the name of the temple, and how far it is from Kumbakonam.Thanks
    Faith is the surest guide in the darkest days
    KR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.kumbakonamonline.com/listoftemples.html

hope this helps, i ve been there many times and thats a pretty clean, good temple

Post Thanks / Like

Information Needed

Dear Kasi, Thank you very much.
    It was really very kind of you to reply at once.
    If I am not troubling you much, is "Thirumanancheri " the name of the temple or the place where it is situated.
    My friend is new to India, he does not know much of India.
    At least he will have a little knowledge of the temple before he goes there, so that he would not be taken around.
    Sorry for the trouble. Thanks
    KR

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem KR

Actually thirumananchery is a small village(If i can call it!) and the name of the temple is Arulmighu Uthvaganathaswamy Temple..

This link gives you more information about the kalyanasundarar
    http://www.shaivam.org/siddhanta/makaly.html

If you can read tamizh,
    http://www.thamizhneram.com/thirumanancheri.htm

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thirumanancheri is inbetween Kumbakonam and Mayiladuthurai, closer to Mayiladuthurai. There are no good restaurant/place to stay there. The temple closes by 12 noon and reopens by 4, I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Information Needed

Dear Kasi and RC,
    Thank you both very much.
    My friend will be happy with these informations.
    May God bless you both.
    Thanks again.
    Kavitha Ravi
    KR

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm will be going to South India (Banglalore) for 10 days. Can anyone let me know what are the places to visit, is the any local travel agent in bangalore ....any detail will be helpfull. This is my first visit to India

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kelly,

First of all, good luck on your trip.

Do you have any friends in Bangalore? If not find someone who knows someone... basically it is easier if you know someone who can guide you locally.

I am not sure where you are from. Be prepared for a cultural shock.

A few of my Irish and German friends visited Bangalore this year and from their experiences I can give you a few tips.

Do not carry too much cash with you

Bargain - if you are getting on an auto (sort of three wheel taxis)or taxis make sure you ask people you know well in advance as to how much the trip will cost, this will avoid you getting hassled and paying 10 times more.

The same if you are doing any shopping - preferably walk into shops where the prices are displayed rather than trying to bargain on road side shops.

There are plenty of travel agents in Bangalore. You can find it on the net or in the local yellow pages once you land there.

http://www.onlinebangalore.com/tour/crui/banga.html - This link has a good list. I do know Cox and Kings is good and as you know Thomas Cook is worldwide and should be good as well.

Are you flying directly into Bangalore ( I do know that Lufthansa, Emirates, Sri Lankan and Singapore Airlines fly into Bangalore directly)? If you are flying into Bombay or Delhi, you will have to change terminals and if you get stuck with the wrong person you might get fleeced! There are free transfers between International and Domestic Airports in Bombay and Delhi - just ask at the Information desk.

Just the way you would do for any other holiday, remember to take all your medicines. Take summer clothes as Bangalore is quite warm/hot at the moment. Take loads of sun screen lotion, you could easily get sunburnt.

Learn to say no to beggars on the street, beware of pickpockets. If you are taking local trains then check which station you have to go well in advance and arrive well in advance (give enough time for traffic jams....)

Use a local contact to book vehicles through travel agents. It works out cheaper.

When you are going to temples, etc, do respect the local dress code.

If you need anymore info, do let me know.

Good luck
    -A

Post Thanks / Like
    Thirumanancheri is near Mayavaram(Mayiladudurai). You can take a train from Chennai (if u r in chennai) and get down at Mayavaram. You can stay tere. There are v good Hotels/Restaurants there. Morning you can leave for T.cheri through taxi/autos or local buses. You can even make a deal with taxi driver and ask him to take us to all the temples in that area(will take 4 hrs or so..) and he will charge you 300 Rs or so. There are so many navagraha temples in that area (sun God, Rahu, Saneeswarar etc).
    T.Cheri temple is KalyanaSundareswarar and to my knowledge, it does not close before 1, but if you have to do the "kalyana vendudhal", it may take an hr or so-as they send people in batches!!!

All the best!!

Anandi

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anoushka
    Thanks for the tips, the side u give was helpful. Thanks again

Kelly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast