Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pongal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    walrus: You can get vellum in hispanic stores or any international store.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    walrus: My wife says she used C&H Pure Cane sugar (golden brown). You have to use more than vellum. She says she adds some refined sugar also. You can get C&H sugar in any grocery store.
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Regular Hubber MysoreHudugi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy any store brand brown sugar. As someone mentioned earlier, you will have to put a little more than what you would put if you were using vellam. Generic brand that can be bought all over the U.S is Dominos brand. (They have sugar, light and dark brown sugar, confectioners sugar everything).

I have used various brands and haven't felt any difference. Ofcourse you will be paying a lot less if you buy store brand products.

Hope this helps.

CI.
    People can give you recipies, but cannot make you a great chef. It is you who can make the difference using your own creativity!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks very much rajraj adn mysore hudugi.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i made sweet pongal(without the raisins) this weekend and it turned out nice, thanks a lot rr and MH.
    Anyone knows in what form or brand raisins may be obtained from walmart? a friend suggested California Raisins

Senior Member Regular Hubber MysoreHudugi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    California raisins will do. But if you can get golden raisins, go for it. That resembles indian raisins more than california raisins. But california raisins are ok too. Sun maid are the best.

CI.
    People can give you recipies, but cannot make you a great chef. It is you who can make the difference using your own creativity!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12