Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Vegetable Gardening

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aathirai1
    But my mullangi is always small. I do not know why.
    Maybe there are physical conditions not suitable for mullangi. But, everything being allright, small mullangi is due to phosphorus difficiency in the soil. Change the fertiliser to one with higher phosphorous content.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber MysoreHudugi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    Sorry did not see your post till today. When you bring these jasmine plants inside in winter, they don't die. They will be fine since the inside of the house will be warm due to heater. Mine survived for more than 3 years like that. They are still there in my SIL's house in boston. I don't know much about manjal plant. We used to plant them in India and then by sankranthi and then kaanu festival, they would be pulled out from the ground leaving couple of them to grow for the next year.

Hope someone else will be able to help you with this one.

CI.
    People can give you recipies, but cannot make you a great chef. It is you who can make the difference using your own creativity!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem..thanks, anyways CI.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CI,

I bought Tulasi last week and i going to India for 3 weeks in August...i don't know how to maintain it becoz i live in (detroit) a apartment n i hardly have any friends here.

rgds,
    Sk

Senior Member Regular Hubber MysoreHudugi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sk,
    I don't know if this helps. But worth trying. There are planters where you can put water in the bottom (like a reservoir). I don't remember what they call those planters. Try using such a planter for your plant and fill it up with water. Keep your plant inside the house near a window where there is not too much of sunlight coming. (Like a shady area) I think they should be fine for 3 weeks. Just before you leave, water them nicely for couple of days so that the soil is well saturated with water. For three weeks, if they consume water from the bottom reservoir, they should be fine. I have not tried this. But, worth giving it a shot.

Maybe someone else can help you with this.

CI.
    People can give you recipies, but cannot make you a great chef. It is you who can make the difference using your own creativity!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds a good idea, CI..One time what I did was (not thulasi), kept the pot in the sink under the tap opened very midly so that a tiny drop would keep on falling from it and my plant was also ok; but, it will work only if there is some window closer to the pipe area for sunlight to come.

Good luck.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fortune
    hi everybody,
    seeing your thread has created an interest in me to do gardening. i was presented a rose potted plant which seems to be doing really good until now and seeing it bloom has created an interest in me. can anyone tell me how to go about growing plants like mint ,coriander etc indoors since in stay in an apartment.
    really appreciate your input.

PS any pointers on which soil to use since i am a total beginner

thanks
    Fortune,

For coriander, just crush the coriander seeds a bit (the normal ones that you use for cooking will do) and you can use them to grow coriander plants!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Paavaikkai didnt come out good. It is giving lots of flowers but they are falling off. Please help me.
    Aathirai1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi friends,

For the last few days, so many beetles or some other flies(dont know the name) are eating all the marigold flowers! It is black in color and big in size. If I push them with a thick stick or any thing, it all fell down and go away.

Pls do suggest some spray or any other solution. It is not even leaving any flower to bloom fully. It really makes me and my day upset!!

Thanks in advance for yr quick reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aathirai1
    My Paavaikkai didnt come out good. It is giving lots of flowers but they are falling off. Please help me.
    Aathirai1
    Male or female flowers - male flowers fall off!
    Araitha Maavai Araithal, Iditha Maavai Idithal,
    Avitha Maavai Avithal, Kindal, Kilaral, Mudithal!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast