Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Vegetable Gardening

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aathirai,
    U must be growing radish in the ground right? i wanted to grow them in containers, but couldn't get suitable ones. my pepper plant leaves and small veges are fallin gof before they mature, i feel so bad when the veg falls off. any idea why?

Regarding beer cup i too have heard that it works but since mine are in pots i dont have much slugs, only beetles and insects on the leaves. i tried soap solution spray but it is only temporary.

Kz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi everybody,
    seeing your thread has created an interest in me to do gardening. i was presented a rose potted plant which seems to be doing really good until now and seeing it bloom has created an interest in me. can anyone tell me how to go about growing plants like mint ,coriander etc indoors since in stay in an apartment.
    really appreciate your input.

PS any pointers on which soil to use since i am a total beginner

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi fortune,

U can buy any potting mix, i get miracle gro which is good soil. make sure ur pot has a good drainage. for mint, u can either buy small plants from nursery or garden center and transplant to ur pot, or u can use the stems from the grocery store mint bunch , just remove leaves for cooking and stick the stems into the soil. keep it near a sunny window which is important. i have no luck growing coriander, someone else will help u with coriander.

Good luck!
    Kz

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks kz for the info.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any suggestion on growing jasmine plant(gundu malli) in winter and summer??Pls do respond immediately.

In NJ, yesterday, have seen it in Rt.1 Chinese farmer's market. Some one asked abt the availalbility of the same plant.

Thanks in advance.

Senior Member Regular Hubber MysoreHudugi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    Gundu Malli grows very well in hot weather. So, summer is no problem at all. But bring the planter inside the house once it starts getting cold. Even in Houston, could not keep it out year around since it does to go freezing temperature couple of times a year. But there once the plant is big enough, could be planted in the ground and covering the base with lot of mulch. Here in north east, you will have to bring it inside by the end of August or early September depending on how fast it starts getting cold.

Hope this helps you.

CI.
    People can give you recipies, but cannot make you a great chef. It is you who can make the difference using your own creativity!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, CI for the reply. In that case, will it die in winter? Though we bring it inside, if there is no sun, how it will survive? Any idea...

Also, any idea about manjal kizhangu? Every year, it is coming out very well on the ground. Whenever I transfer into the pot before the fall begins, somehow it is not surviving. I am very keen in growing atleast until Pongal.

Suggestions r welcome!!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    napolims445:

I havent seen mullangi seeds (Kai?) in the stores. I buy mullangi seed pockets from Home Depot and plant it in early spring. After few weeks I get leaves and the Kai on top.

But my mullangi is always small. I do not know why.
    Aathirai

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kz:

most of my plants are in the ground. I think it is normal for the first few flowers to fall.
    If it happens all the time, it may be due to several reason. water, fertilizer, sun ect.,. Do not put lot of miracle grow. Read the labels before you put any fertilizer. Keep a particular time for watering. Other than that may be some bugs and beatles may be the reason.

Aathirai

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou Aathirai, haven't put much miracle gro, i didn't put any fertilizer too as the soil itself has. will check for beetles.
    Kz

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast