Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Indian Vegetable Gardening

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    dev,
    in my post..it says..if the seeds are weak then it won't grow. Ur seed may be very weak so it is not even sprouting. Y don't u buy a seed from seed shop? or if u r using grocery seeds ..then y don't u try diff brand?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kavitha... I too thought of the same...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cindy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kavithasenthil
    Hello Dev and kritica,
    Keep a bigger pot in a corner of your garden with 3/4 mud. Put all your degradable garbages in this. Each time u can dig a corner and cover these biodegradables so that u see only mud above..keep this always wet. biodegradables are tea left over, egg shells, fruit and vegetable skins...etc...add this mixture when u prepare your pot for planting and see the difference in crops next time...Enjoy gardening!!!
    If i remember right, i gave this tip somewhere here in forumhub.... this is what i do still... be it for ur flowering plant or for vegetable.. I do not use any other fertilizer or stimulants...

couple of week ago, i prepared a pot for my alovera.. and from there was some fresh veg peelings and the innerportion of some bittergourd.. and the seeds of those pavakka is growing around my alovera now... and after these rains, i see 3 small bitterguards on them

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats good cindy. thks for the info. I need more info on that. We are in the middle of buying a house. Will ask questions once we done buying a house.

Dev,

Is ur soil is a good soil? Since ur methi too didn't grow well. So is any problem with soil?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure, Kavitha... I just picked this potting soil from the store... Methi sprouted well & I saw 2-3 leaves... only then it died...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dev, my methi plants are not died yet. But it just have only 2-3 leaves. I had them indoors first, but my microscopic eyes found out a few teeny-weeny bugs on them. I don’t know where they came from. I used sterilized potting soil. So I kept them outside and we already had a few frosts. So I guess they won’t survive. I will wait for the Summer.
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Post Thanks / Like
    Goodluck RP... I'm planning to try mint again... maybe methi too... bought some mint this evening...will use the sticks after using the leaves for cooking...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Goodluck RP... I'm planning to try mint again... maybe methi too... bought some mint this evening...will use the sticks after using the leaves for cooking...
    Good luck to you too.
    Regarding the coriander leaves, I got good plants with the coriander seeds we buy for cooking. But I have heard that the seeds from the garden shops/nurseries will give a better result - long supply of strong, healthy leaves.
    Red Pepper

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kavithasenthil
    Hello Dev and kritica,

Here are few tips which i had saved from the net. I have no idea from where i got these tips. If it creates any copy right issue then pls delete it.
    Don't worry Madam Kavitha... Those words are mine.. posted on the old hub... See:

http://forumhub.com/southfood/13378.06.59.18.html

Enjoy the growth.....

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not vegetable gardening. Since we don't have any other gardening threads I am posting it here.

Recently I found some small bugs around my indoor plants. I suspect that they are coming from the soil, so I took all my plants outside. No more soil inside the house!! So I want to grow some indoor plants in water (hydroponics?). Any idea what kind of plants are best for this? Please share the tips and tricks of water gardening. Thanks.
    Red Pepper

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast