Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Topics to move from old Food forum

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mr.RR
    Can you migrate Mrs.Somas recipe to the new forum?
    Thanks in Advance
    GV

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Tested old recipes.

Hi friends,

Tried these recipes from the old thread which saved in my file(dont remember from where or name of that particular hubber)and found them very tasty too. Since many new hubbers are coming, guess that they should also get to know about these new & nice dishes.

Saravana bhavan kurma

1 cup grated coconut, quarter cup khasa khasa, one table spoon saunf, shredded onion 1/2 cup, diced tomato one cup, three green chillies, one tablespoon cashews, one medium piece of ginger all these to be ground into paste. Then cut half onion into long fine strips and half tomato. In a kadai, take two table spoons of oil, add bayleaves then jeera and little saunf haldi one teaspoon garam masala and then fry the onion till brown. Then add tomatoes and when they turn soft add the ground paste and salt and allow it to boil, it takes around 20 minutes for the raw smell to go and get the aroma. By then the oil also will come off the korma. Then add finely cut kothmir. Infact you can add peas, cauliflower, boiled potato pieces etc after the tomatoes, in case you want it liquid you can avoid the vegetables.

========================

dal kabab

channa dal-1cup. mong dal-1/2 cup. spinach-1/2cup ginger galic paste. garam masala. 1 teaspoon big green chillies -3 tomato-2 onion-1 salt as per taste oil for frying first soakthe dals for 3to 4 hours ahead.cut the spianch into small pieces.grind the soaked dal. it shouldnot be like a paste.[parupu vada like].then addtheginger garlic paste and garam masala,very finely cut tomato,chillies and onions. add salt, add spinach mix well. with hand make vada and fry it in low flame. very spicy snacks for vegetarians.

=====================
    Kuzhambu for tiffins/rice:

let me give you a recipee for black channa( mukku kadalai) and kathirikkai kuzhambu.Soak 1 cup channa overnight or atleast for 5 hrs and pressure cook it with little salt and one potato( cubed). Cook separately 3 brinjals (small ones , quartered), 1 tomato quartered, and tamarind juice ( from a small ball of tamarind), salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Chop 1 medium sized onion and fry it in 1 tsp oil till brown,( sprinkle water when it sticks to the pan)then grind it with the following,handful of grated coconut, 1 tsp uncooked rice, 2 to 3 spoons of sambar powder( depending upon how spicy( kaaram) you need). Once the brinjals are cooked add the cooked channa and potatoes, paste and simmer for 2 to 3 mins. Then season( thaalchify) it with mustard,urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves. Your kathirrikkai kuzhambu is ready and it goes well with plain rice. Can also use blackeyed peas ( karamani) instead of black channa.
    ---------------------------

Would like to convey my sincere thanks to all of the hubbers those who shared such a nice recipes. Hope everyone will enjoy just like I did.

Bye.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Sowmya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Request

hello
    Can you please tell me where the thread related to the "benefits of GARLIC" is available?
    I searched for it and couldn't find the same.

Regards
    Sowmya

Post Thanks / Like

benefits of garlic

Hi sowmya,

These information saw in a tamil magazine and hope you will be benefitted by the below said few points.

About poondu:
    Garlic has an effect which makes all the physical problems to go away; garlic is an excellent medicine especially for piles, it is a wonderful medicine.

Take every day a flake of garlic and there is no need to go to the doctor.

It is the best medicine for health and reduces the fat from the body. Those who have extra fat, take a flake before go to bed raw and in a few days, the fat will dissolve. But, it will not give you immediate relief; will take months time.

Only one drawback is those who take raw garlic, the smell will produce from the mouth as well as fromtheir sweating; but, it will drive away many disease.

It will purify the blood.

It kills unwanted things in our body.

For nursing ladies, it will help secretion of milk by taking milk garlic or frying it in ghee and taking with rice.

If you take the poondu rice in the night, will get good sleep. If u don’t like the smell, can sauté with butter and salt, fry then don’t feel any smell.

For kids or adults, those who take poondu rasam (atleast 8 flakes) during cold or cough, will find immediate relief in 3 to 4 days. For congestion, if you bite the semi boiled garlic, that is it will go away which is my experience

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I dont know where exactly I have to place this query and whom to address.

Anyways, every time when we visit a particular page in the middle, it is little difficult (or my laziness) to cross all those pages to reach one particular page. When a thread has just 20 pages, it is no big deal; when it crosses like 50 to 60, it is little strain .

Is there any way to view the middle pages directly without disturbing the other pages?

Too much to ask, I know..Just a favor I am requesting..Kindly consider.

Thanks in advance for reading my obligation with patience.

Regards.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Henna for grey hair

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyani
    Hi,
    There was to topic about henna for grey hairs – I think kamakshi or kz had discussion saying that they had tried out and it worked if someone can post the link pls. Thanks kalyani
    Hi Kalyani,

We have a henna procedure; just try it.

Ingredients

Mehandhi: 11/2 cup
    Curd: 1/2cup
    Tea decotion: 1cup
    Lemon: 1 (juice)
    Amla powder (goose berry):2tsp
    Egg white: 1
    Methi powder: 1tsp
    Olive oil: 1tsp (optional)

Method

Mix all above ingredients in an iron bowl and make it into a fine paste, keep this
    paste aside for over night.

Section your hair and apply this paste all over the scalp and up to end of the hair. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it for 3 to 4 hours. Clean your hair well with shampoo.

Henna is an excellent conditioner for the hair. It turns grey hair to dark brown (coffee brown).Continue to apply frequently (twice or once in month) will darken the hair further.

It improves the hair growth and provides cooling effect on the scalp and gives shining to the hair. It prevents dandruff, hair loss and grey hair.

This is good to use as regular dye instead of chemical dyes.

Vizmaya team.

Visit www.vizmaya.com for viewing a huge collection of recipes.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mrs.Mano,

Tried 'paruppu rasam' today... It turned out to be very yummy... was surprised that very limited ingredients could make such a delicious rasam... I couldn't wait until lunch & had a bowl of it as soup...Thanks a lot for the recipe...

Also, could U post the recipe for mysore rasam, if u happen to have one...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Hi Mrs.Mano,

Tried 'paruppu rasam' today... It turned out to be very yummy... was surprised that very limited ingredients could make such a delicious rasam... I couldn't wait until lunch & had a bowl of it as soup...Thanks a lot for the recipe...

Also, could U post the recipe for mysore rasam, if u happen to have one...
    This supposed to be in Mrs. Mano's thread Dev!
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... Was wondering how my post vanished for Mrs.Mano's thread... Thanks for pointing it out,RP...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234