Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should India React?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Namba solla mudiyathadha kissinger sollitaru .....

hey to be on the serious side, i think we shuld forget it as it happened 35 yrs ago...now US-India relationships are on a high so y spoil it????

35 varshum munnadi sonnadha vechikittu pagai vechikiruthakku naamba enna graamathu nattamaiya???
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy,
    welcome to these forums
    By the by, are you referring to the Nattamai who posted in ARR threads?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thnx for welcoming me HHW....no way i was not referring to Nattamai..... i was referring to pan-spitting real nattamais.....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy,
    indha threadla theerpu sollalaam variya? bring 2 other friends with u

Member Junior Hubber soccer_gal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richard Nixon was just jealous of Indira Gandhi.
    It's highly possible, he was one of those men who thought women shouldn't be part of politics.
    Enough said!

It's funny how they must bring up these documents now. I believe there was an incident before, how they didn't give a VISA to a politican or someone from India or something.

btw: He also called Indira Gandhi, an old witch or something to that sort.

Post Thanks / Like
    richard nixon is a bad dude. what did he call u, soccer_gal?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soccer_gal
    Richard Nixon was just jealous of Indira Gandhi.
    It's highly possible, he was one of those men who thought women shouldn't be part of politics.
    Enough said!

It's funny how they must bring up these documents now. I believe there was an incident before, how they didn't give a VISA to a politican or someone from India or something.

US state department periodically declassify certain documents which have lost its relevance.
    These sort of matters are not decided by jealousy or petty emotions.The whole matter should be seen in the context of the cold war.

The US feared that it will look funny if the Indians get away 'licking' the Pakistanis who were allies of US.They again feared that Indians have the intention of destryoying the military assets of Pakistan and to occupy West Pakistan.Anyway it is a matter of the past.Kissinger himself expressed regret about his remarks and is one of the greatest advocates of Indo-American friendship today.

I believe half the people who speak here do not have the patience to go through the original transcripts.If you want to see it all in the original context,log on to:
    http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/frus/nixon/e7/48529.htm

And,I have heard that Nixon used to drink heavily,but do not know whether he had anything against women joining politics.It is very likely then that he would have taken a different view of Indians if we had a male Prime Minister at that time .

Member Junior Hubber soccer_gal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    la la la and India were allies with USSR!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    We shouldn't be surprised at all to find such remarks made by U.S statesmen. This is very consistent with U.S state policy and the thing to be remembered here is not the remarks per se, but rather U.S foreign policy in general and the stand taken by them in the East Pakistan war. In this context, Kissinger's apologies can be well left outside the off-stump.
    Inspite of overwhelming evidence pointing to Pakistan as the agressor and the genocide being committed, the U.S released statements issuing direct support of Pakistan and even saying that India was to be wholly blamed.
    It would be incredibly naive to assume that this was a "mistake" on the part of the U.S. In fact, the U.S always knew (and they still do) what Pakistan (and the rest of the world) are upto, they just select and prioritize their goals so as to further their geo-political and economic interests. Of course they know Pakistan is a hot-bed of terrorist schooling - the U.S were the pioneers in starting it, its just that at present they need to look the other way because of the obvious strategic importance of having Pakistan as an ally.

In short, our reaction should not be of surprise, but instead it should be the "see, i told you" type. One thing good, however, of the U.S is they declassify documents and papers after about 3 decades which is not done in India.
    You might want to look at these.....
    http://www.counterpunch.org
    http://www.counterpunch.org/links.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12