Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Genre : Thrillers/Suspense/Drama

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Venky (@ 207.*) on: Fri Jul 9 04:16:05

I completely agree with vj on 'The usual suspects'. I started liking Kevin Spacy only after that movie.

I feel 'The Matrix' is the best movie in this year, so far. Of course, though atmost it can get an oscar for spl-fx, i feel, it was better than the much hyped Star Wars Episode-I (I have seen both the movies three times... as on today

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

aruLarasan (@ psip*) on: Wed Jul 14 17:39:20

psycho!

probably i am the only one who likes all the psychos (some people call me sicko ), especially the second one. the second one is one of the best social commentaries i have ever seen on the screen. perkins was as usual great. the third one was sickening. some scenes were really gross.

talking about psycho, a couple of years before psycho was made, a movie starring janet leigh was released. the movie was "touch of evil". it's about a corrupt police officer who goes to any length to keep his city (on the border of mexico) under HIS control. a really scary one (for that period). there is a great scene in the movie where janet leigh is alone in a motel and some weird things were happening around. i would rate this a notch above psycho.

birds was, i think, hitchcock's personal favorite. there is no musical score for the movie. all sounds were natural sounds. apparently hitchcock wanted to make the famous shower scene of psycho without any musical support but hermann (what is his last name?) surprised hitchcock with his score which gave the scene its immortality.

Post Thanks / Like

Kamesh (@ hlr-*) on: Tue Jul 20 04:58:37

in the mid 1980's i saw more than 120 movies in a year. One of them was a suspence thriller which runs in a hospital. The poster showed an outline of a hospital with the some rooms lit in the shape of a skull. Does anybody remember the title of the movie? (1983-86)

Post Thanks / Like

M&M (@ sji-*) on: Sat Jul 24 23:55:13

My favorite Hitchcock movie is "The Rear Window." For all practical purposes it is a very difficult story for a movie, pretty much the entire movie is shown through the perspective of bed ridden Jimmy Stewart. And yet, Hitchcock pulls it off. It plays at two levels, the surface story builds slowly but gets very tense in the closing moments. On another level, pretty much every thing that Jimmy Stewart sees through his rear window reflects his own fears and desires about his possible married life with the gorgeous Grace Kelly. A very satisfying film.

Post Thanks / Like

vj (@ nt-1*) on: Thu Jul 29 16:28:37

Viewed Psycho, was a strange experience. After all the hype about the shower scene.. well... I preferred the scene where amongst some shocking music, an old lady comes out brandishing a knife to kill the detective...that was chilling!
    The actor who played Norman bates was unbelievably good. Can someone explain where the female was trying to do with so much of cash, driving away? That missed my mind.

Vijay

Post Thanks / Like

Venkat (@ pg1p*) on: Mon Aug 2 10:55:47

Anyone saw the "Blair Witch Project"?? Fine movie!

Post Thanks / Like

aruLarasan (@ psip*) on: Mon Aug 2 23:17:47

do NOT miss the blair witch project.

(but please don't blame me if you get recurrent nightmare.)

Post Thanks / Like

raju (@ pcwc*) on: Tue Aug 3 06:23:32

we don't know when BW project is coming here but the hype has already started. can't wait and pleaseee don't tell any secrets from the movie.

Any body love the noir 'gun crazy'(b&w) and 'detour'. i think those early jaisankar movies for modern theatres should be termed tamil noir.

Post Thanks / Like

Praveen (@ po.i*) on: Mon Aug 9 10:07:36

aruLarasan,
    You could have put a smiley at the end of ur posting (
    I did not find Blair witch impressive at all. It may have been supposed to be novel. But the end product did look like a home video.

Post Thanks / Like

Venky (@ 207.*) on: Wed Aug 11 02:30:45

Kamesh :::: Are you referring to Michael Crichton's "Coma" ?? (but it was released in late 70's)

'Blair Witch Project' was good ! paadhikku mEla iruttilEyE eduththirukkaanga - Beware Maniratnam and P.C.Sriram... here comes a tough competition ! The movie could have been better had it been completed in about 30 to 45 minutes ))))

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast