Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pink Floyd

Post Thanks / Like
    Good going Vivasayi, I never really liked Pink Floyd at first. But they have fast become one of my favorite rock bands.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    Good going Vivasayi, I never really liked Pink Floyd at first. But they have fast become one of my favorite rock bands.
    before months i tried once....they sounded odd.

its good now..

thilak i tried to add u orkut..it asks for ur email id...if possible pm me
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    started exploring pink floyd and led zeppelin(basically on curiosity created by hubbers)...earlier listened to few of their famous hits like "stairway to heaven"

listening to the recommendations of orkutians and hubbers..

ada..nallathampa irukku
    Vivasaayi,

From led zepplin, listen to "Dazed and confused"!! its TERRIFIC!!! ( Bala for introducing this song). Apart from that you have a lot of songs like "whole lot of love","black dog","Immigrant song" to try out (I never had the taste for "Kashmir", you might still want to try it out)

Pink Floyd is more of an acquired taste. Its like listening to ARR's music, one will be wondering what's so great about it, but eventually you will fall for the magic, all efforts to assign cause to its appreciation will escape your reason ... MAGIC is the closest word

Lots of favourites to list out.. Comfortably Numb is an obvious primer, you will fall in love with it no sooner. I was madly in love with Hey you's guitar interlude, used to repeat and hear it over and over again. "Wish you were here" is a close relative to both these songs in terms of likeability.

The real magic starts with "Shine on you crazy diamond" and "Echoes".. listen to them in a dark room on earphones and closed eyes. Soon you will be swaying your head like a lunatic and become an object of ridicule at home. A very minor price I say :P

Then listen to "Have a Cigar" and "Money" (Money especially, just cant get over the sax towards the end tilldate) If you were swaying your head earlier, you will be swinging it wildly with these numbers. Finally my latest chella kutti "Time", sounded very innocuous at first, but its a hellova good track(Why do I have this weakness for songs with a tinge of philosophy ). Especially the godawesome guitar interlude .. Sometimes it feels great to discover something really nice in things which were there all the time infront of you. Wish you a wonderful travel into the world of madness
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crajkumar_be
    Nerd,
    You might have already read about it. Rick Wright is no more
    Sorry, ippO dhAn pAkkREn. Its been a month I think. A great loss of talent. He was with the band right from Syd days. A TV channel here paid tribute to him in an hour long programme. Showed videos of pink floyd tours. In fact Rick was working with Gilmour not long ago and had toured with him in 2008. Rest in peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks TM
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    before months i tried once....they sounded odd.

its good now..

thilak i tried to add u orkut..it asks for ur email id...if possible pm me
    check PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nerd,
    What is your take on the album

Its actually a kind of an extension of the Wall and strangely its mostly a Waters show with the rest of the band not fully buying into it (from my memory) and with Wright being involved purely on a hired basis

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567