Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Pink Floyd

Topic suggested by Krishnan on Wed Sep 2 13:53:00 .

Shall we discuss this super group's Albums ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

raja m (@ spid*) on: Wed Sep 2 15:52:37

I grew up on PF, find them to be one of the most creative rock groups. Have their best albums on CD. I like Wish you were here, The Wall and DSOTM. Have any of you heard Roger Waters- Amused to death?

Post Thanks / Like

S.Krishnan (@ m39.*) on: Thu Sep 3 01:15:40

Raja : Have u listened to Floyd's "Obscured by Clouds" and "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" ?
    I didn't get a chance to listen to "Amused to death" . What is ur review ?

Post Thanks / Like

raja m (@ spid*) on: Thu Sep 3 19:56:11

Krishnan:

I have A momentary lapse of reason, learning to fly is an experience for me everytime I hear it, the guitar work is outstanding.

I have heard some of the tracks from Obscured by Clouds, sometime back. What are the songs from this album ?

Amused to Death, is the last album from RW -92. You have to hear the title track, very intense lyrics, generally puts you in a bad state of mind.

Have you heard RW's - not now john from final cut? does something to you when you hear it, especially the humming in between.

Got a chance to see the wall-the movie on VH1, didnt like it was quite vague. PF has also scored the soundtrack for Zabriskie Point-directed by an italian director- michaelangelo antonio (so I have heard, not seen the movie). Relics also has a great called julia's dream and paint box.

Cant stop raving.. Shall end here, ever wondered why british bands are so creative?

Post Thanks / Like

S.Krishnan (@ m41.*) on: Fri Sep 4 01:01:44

Raja : Nice to hear that u are also addicted to Pink Floyd. The film Zabriskie Point was based on a thriller by Alistair Maclean and was directed by Italian master director Antonioni.
    What according to u is The Best of Pink Floyd albums ?
    Have u listened to Led Zeppelin ?

Post Thanks / Like

raja (@ spid*) on: Fri Sep 4 22:23:13

Krishnan:

I like most of their albums, wish you were here, DSOTM, & The Wall maybe a shade over the other albums. What are your favourites?

I have heard Led Zep - have a cassette of their greatest hits.

Post Thanks / Like

Gokul (@ hd11*) on: Fri Sep 4 22:36:43

Led Zep:

Stairway to Heaven, Battle of Evermore, Misty Mountain Hop, Black Dog, Whole lotta love..

These are grand. Stairway to Heaven is a different
    trip altogether..

Post Thanks / Like

S.Krishnan (@ 202.*) on: Sat Sep 5 06:20:27

Raja: I like their "The Wall" but I have told that their "A Momentart Lapse of Reason" is The Best.

Gokul :"Stairway to Heaven" is a great one.

Post Thanks / Like

kiruba (@ slip*) on: Sun Sep 13 18:46:19

I was introduced to PF by a friend of mine when I wanted to buy a good music system. DSOTM was what I used as my test CD . So I have listened to DSOTM many times over. Like the Money song very much. I also have the Wall CD (remastered).

Is PF british ? A friend of mine tells me his dad died in the Vietnam war or something and so PF is full of hate (listening to DSOTM and Wall I could tell PF is not necessarily positive type of singing). I still like their music (leaving the lyrics alone).

When people here in TFM forums talk about ARR as the recording guru and I ask them to compare him with PF it easily shuts them up

Post Thanks / Like

cram (@ 206.*) on: Wed Nov 4 10:39:55

hi Pink Floyders,
    ever wondered how the band got its name? from Pinkus Floydus, the biological name of the dinosaur.
    all PFers should watch Pink Floyd-The Wall, the movie. directed by alan parker (who made mississippi burning) and starring bob geldof as the nervous wreck rock star, the movie is an experience in itself. u can see The Wall coming to life.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast