Post Thanks / Like
    me 2
    Quote Originally Posted by a.ratchasi
    hmmm, I liked it, very much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen all of his movies except Lady in the water, the reviews I heard were so poor that I decided to give this one a miss!
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unbreakable better than Sixth Sense which is way way way better than Signs (after which I stopped watching)
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prabhu,

Signs was released around Baba and 'Arasu badhilgal' called it the American counterpart Periya hit-aam..

Actually I liked Village. Very simple story but nice presentation. If you happen to see it, later go to it's IMDB messageboard. You might find it interesting, and may want to rewatch some scenes. Yes I did flip around the dvd a bit. Well, if you know the twists in the plot, forget it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR
    Actually I liked Village. Very simple story but nice presentation. If you happen to see it, later go to it's IMDB messageboard. You might find it interesting, and may want to rewatch some scenes. Yes I did flip around the dvd a bit. Well, if you know the twists in the plot, forget it
    I remember the scene in Signs where they all wear foil-caps I laughed uncontrollably in the theatre. So a couple of yrs later when my roommates had booked first day tickets for 'The Village' I gave them the slip. They came back and gave away the twist

Perhaps it will be a harmless try on DVD. Will catch it sometime. Thanks !
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked The Village better than Signs...because Signs was missing that M Night Shyamalan trademark. which is a really surpricign ending where the audience gets blown away!

Nevertheless, Signs was still Awesome!!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    he is over-rated... his village is very bad,

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aandavan
    Err..not sure. Never been to his village. Bet yours is better huh?

On serious note, I agree. He's overrated. Critics who loved him are now backing off. Most importantly, I think Night shoud stay away from the front of the camera and stay behind, like he did wisely in The Village.

I kinda liked Unbreakable. There is something in it. Maybe the two leads were good.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Quote Originally Posted by Aandavan

Err..not sure. Never been to his village. Bet yours is better huh?

On serious note, I agree. He's overrated. Critics who loved him are now backing off. Most importantly, I think Night shoud stay away from the front of the camera and stay behind, like he did wisely in The Village.

I kinda liked Unbreakable. There is something in it. Maybe the two leads were good.
    good joke

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Kollywoodfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think overrated. He makes movies where thinking is essential. He doesn't resort to movies like The Grudge where cheap thrills make the film, but banks of the intelligence of the audience. All his films so far has a smart, eerie quality to them that made memorable and he brings of the best from his lead stars. Surprisingly, I liked his Unbreakable the best. The only film of his that didn't really impact me was his recent film, "Lady in the Water."

His family and my family are also close friends here, so I've also met him a lot, and we're obligated to see/appreciate his films.
    Condolences to family/friends of Heath Ledger: a rising star, whose life was tragically cut short

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast