Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Night Shyamalan

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Michele (@ smtp*) on: Mon Jul 2 13:48:57

I saw Praying With Anger this weekend (6/30) and thought it was so beautiful and meaningful. I was surprised to learn the lead actor, M. Knight Shyalaman, at the age of 22, I believe, was the same person who wrote, produced and directed this wonderful film. I wondered how does such a young person have such insight? I looked him up on the net the first chance I got and then realized he was behind Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Praying with Anger was his first film. I am searching to buy this movie on video to have all my friends and family watch it. One can learn a lot from it. I think it has not gotten the attention it deserves. I hope it will be shown more often for others to enjoy the way I did. And I hope I can find it on video.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

chandresh (@ ppp2*) on: Sun Jul 15 03:09:26

manoj makes us feel proud of being & also we get the feeiling that india can give good world class directors

Post Thanks / Like

chas d lind (@ pool*) on: Tue Jul 24 10:27:32

Dear Mr. Shyamalan,

May I jump on the bandwagon? Judging from your other responses you're getting, it seems the momentum of notoriety is on.

Hopes of some form of personal contact is the purpose of my response. Considering the medium which is engaged I know the prospects are minimal. Regardless, may I continue?

The reason that I even pursue your association is that the circumstances that lead to viewing some of your work were almost as poignant as your scripts.

Professionally speaking my only relationship to show business is that I've built a few stages, I'm a carpenter by trade. But, as an artist one knows all aspects of creativity are a source of self enlightenment. Sensing similar tendancies in your filmaking we may have something in common

Having viewed "6th Sense", and now "Unbreakable" has confirmed my confidence in your 'sadhana' of directing. The references that brought me to the first viewing of your work ( 6th Sense )were not from the typical media hype. Your film was recommended to me by a Gosvami.

Hollywood, Bollywood, Smallywood is not relevant to the "BIG" picture. The potential for your advancement is beyond what you may know. Are you listening to me? Now, all I need is your credit card number. Does some of this sound familiar?

Mr.Shyamalan, I appreciate your valuable time and hope I may further elaborate on my humble intentions.

Thank you, sincerely,

Chas. D. Lind
    po box 320362
    los gatos, ca 95032

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan Woods (@ spid*) on: Wed Jul 25 22:00:27

Hello Mr. Shyamalan. My name is Bryan Woods and I started writing screenplays when I was fourteen. When I was younger I knew I wanted to be a writer. I wanted to write novels because I wanted my writing to be original and smart. It wasn't going to be the same thing over and over again. I wanted to show people something they had never read before. So I had decided to begin writing novels because as far as I knew they were much smarter and much more original than movies. But I was wrong. On august 6 of 1999 I saw a movie called the Sixth Sense. It changed the way I looked at movies forever. I realized that movies can be just as smart as books and much more smart when created as brilliantly as you had created The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I as a screenwriter have realized a few very important things. Things I learned from Shyamalan. I learned that originality is extremely important. I learned that when writing a script I should make sure that the story needs to be told in form of a movie. Like how Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense needed to be seen rather than read because of the many visual clues that Shyamalan uses. Thankyou Night for everything you have taught me. I am now 16 years old and I have written two full length screenplays. My friends and I also make short films that I both write and direct. Our website is www.imagineworks.8m.com
    I don't know that Shyamalan will actually ever read this but it sounded like, from many of the posts above, that he might. So if you ever read this send me an email at Bryguy3455@aol.com
    Even if it is just to say hi. Thanks again for creating two of my most favorite movies. Thankyou for being so damn brilliant!!! Thankyou for teaching me so much!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sean Sadowski (@ ool-*) on: Sun Jul 29 14:19:12

Dear Mr. Shayamalan,

My family has a debate going over "The Sixth Sense". We are arguing over whether Cole knows that Dr. Crowe is dead throughout the movie. Please e-mail me with the answer to that question so we can put this topic to rest. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Sean Sadowski (@ ool-*) on: Sun Jul 29 14:19:18

Dear Mr. Shayamalan,

My family has a debate going over "The Sixth Sense". We are arguing over whether Cole knows that Dr. Crowe is dead throughout the movie. Please e-mail me with the answer to that question so we can put this topic to rest. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Photo3d (@ ip72*) on: Thu Aug 2 10:39:23

M. Night Shyamalan,
    I have read that you are working on a new movie title; "SIGNS", about NAZCA plains drawings and extra-terrestrials. Have you read RAEL's book;
    "The message given to me by extra-terrestrials." It speaks about the ELOHIM who are scientist from another planet who came here to create us in laboratories.
    Check; The Elohim story at: http://www.theraelian.com

Post Thanks / Like

photo3d (@ ip72*) on: Thu Aug 2 10:48:10

http://www.theraelian.com/embassy.htm

Why Do They Need an Embassy?

They are not invaders. They have shown their desire to come, but they respect our choice to say no. It is up to us to invite them, and our invitation is the embassy. It's the least we can do. They created us. Without them we would not even exist. "For us, they are the most important people in the universe. Would you send your guests out to sleep on the street or do you invite them in to the love and warmth of your own home?" — Rael

The following excerpts from Rael's The True Face of God tell of the scientific creation story behind the mystical creation mythologies of mankind, particularly the one found in The First Book of Moses, known as "Genesis." This, amongst much other information, was narrated to Rael in 1973 during a remarkable six-day encounter with the extraterrestrial Eloha (singular of Elohim), known as Yahweh, who narrates the following story of his people.

In the 1997 Postscript to "The True Face of God," the book which contains the Elohim's message to humanity, Rael discusses the progress towards the building of the embassy — "Preparations to build the secure embassy requested by the Elohim are progressing well. The embassy and residence need to be protected by extra-territorial rights like any normal international diplomatic mission, and in accordance with the Elohim's precise instructions, Raelian architects have already completed commissioned drawings for the complex of buildings where the most dramatic and extraordinary meeting of world government leaders in history will take place. Not long after we built a small scale model of the embassy based on these drawings, a crop circle appeared in England which bore an astonishing resemblance to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ilayaraaja Fan (@ spid*) on: Mon Aug 13 16:10:31

Two of 'the most' talented people in films if and when they work together what do you think can be the outcome? That is what many music fans in south India are hoping. Ilayaraaja, the final authority on music, and M. Night Shyamalan, the most thrilling script writer in a long time working on a story about a musical phenomenon or even any strange story for Hollywood with a few songs and a fascinating score the likes of which Hollywood has not heard since 'Ben-Hur'. Anyone can take a Hollywood film with a few songs of Ilayaraaja and his background score? Is the world ready for the genius of Ilayaraaja?

For starters, please check out www.raajangahm.com

Let us hope for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

test (@ 64.1*) on: Tue Aug 14 15:40:09

test

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast