Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniyan - Patriotism

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Anniyan - Patriotism

This movie is no way close to "Indian". Indian had a very sensible script and was in tune with those times. Things have changed a lot in India over the past 10 years. It is no more reasonable to compare us with Japan or Singapore or any developed nations, while they are looking India as a possible threat to their economy, intellect and military. India may lack the glossiness like clean roads, buses, railways etc. But inside of it is neat and strong. The director of the movie has no idea what he is talking about. He might have just gone to other countries as "tourist" and presents his opinion. I have worked in US in key areas for the past five years and my view is completely opposite to him. Countries like US have highest under-age drinking, juvenile crimes, divorce rates, under-age sex, suicide rates, and drugs and lastly, they kill millions of people in the name of (fake) wars. Just because they have some neat clean roads that doesn't make them superior to India. It will take sometime for us to achieve such outside glossiness. The most important part in a building is the foundation, not the facade. India is surely laying a strong foundation.

The movie directors should just stick to making masala movies and not attempt to present wrong picture of ourselves, in the name of "message". Learn from US media. How they project themselves? They never portray them as bad, even though they are the worst kind of people in this world. What's wrong with our directors? An Indian is the enemy of Indian. Why didn't the director show the deft handling of the Tsunami situation by our administrators and politicians? The so called developed country did not warn us of possible Tsunami, though they had information about it. Is it not a selfish attitude? It is after all Shankar who popularized and glamorized the pseudo-American culture in the name of "Jeans". With a hypocrite like Sujatha, who secretly adorns western culture, this is quite impossible in the movie.

This said the movie is good in graphics and had good direction, typical of a Shankar movie. Otherwise this is a below average effort. Vikram's acting is average. He is just better of the lot, not an absolutely good actor. The music is good. Shankar should choose some good neat entertaining subjects for his future movies - it is ok even if it is like boyz!

Stop mis-propaganda against India. We are doing fine!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And btw.. I am new to this forum!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yaaa i agree totally with ganesh79.....India is doing really fine.....infact i had posted somewhere in ARR forum that india just needs to improve in sports and penetrate more in culture/music in the west....if this happens, then India will be THE country by 2020 excelling in all fields........

shankar shuld have taken a much more sensible stuff than this one........with the kind of disinvestment going on, within 10-15 yrs no politician will be able to earn thru govt. agencies......so corruption will also bcome non-existent.......he has to think of something really different from now on.....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Member Junior Hubber UnlimtedMeals's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Empty vessel!

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh79
    [tscii Countries like US have highest under-age drinking, juvenile crimes, divorce rates, under-age sex, suicide rates, and drugs and lastly, they kill millions of people in the name of (fake) wars. Just because they have some neat clean roads that doesn't make them superior to India. It will take sometime for us to achieve such outside glossiness. The most important part in a building is the foundation, not the facade. India is surely laying a strong foundation.
    ....!

The above post is the most misguided I have ever seen in a very long time.

divorce-
    First of all divorce rates are low in India because Indian women dont have a voice in this country and they cannot walk out of a marriage because of the social taboo. This patriarchal culture has nothing to offer to an "average" woman(pls dont mention outliers like Indira gandhi, JJ etc)

child abuse-
    Believe it or not India has the highest child abuse. Read yesterday's Hindu. Again our media does not report

juvenile crimes and sucide-
    Again you are wrong. India has the maximum occurence of both and India today also carried a cover story on why India has the highest suicide rates.

under-age drinking-under-age sex-
    point accepted. This is also because of the social taboo. this time it is for good. However, we have other problems where the man drinks and comes home and beats the wife and starves his children. So dont boast abt this in anyway

children married to dogs/goats/pigs-
    will occur only in a country like India. Before we call ourselves an emerging nation, we shud look at our grassroots and rid problems such as dowry, setting brides on fire, gangraping dalits as panchayat punishment.

the (fake) war-
    I do not wish to protray my side on the war, but the country feels that it had the military might and does not have to bow to anybody or make sacrifices in its national interest and security. I dont know whether I agree with this though.

drugs-
    where else in the world can you go and stand opp to loyola college and casually buy ganja from some low-life who sends his kids(who should be going to school) to sel Ganja.(yes.. inspiration.. kaaka kaaka).. its so fuc**n easy to buy Ganja in India and the laws are nowehere near the substance control laws in the US.

Tsunami-
    yea The US people had some unquenchable desire to see some third world people die in masses so that they could have a toast. So after knowing abt the tsunami approach, they decided to purposely withhold information so India would be hit. Only someone as misinformed and deluded as you could come up with such a sick and cheesy allegation.

Shankar popularied "Jeans"-

Umm I'm not sure if someone actually started wearing JEans because of this movie and its name. If so, then those people dont even deserve to be human and I dont care if their culture is imperialized.

Mete out judgement to whites?-
    are you kidding me? How can you make a movie like that? All shankar wanted to say is that in Indian we blamed public servants. Now in this movie let us look at ourselves as the common public and see how we could improve before we point our hands to politicians. So this is people like me and you and the local guy on the road who spits because he does not give a damn and it wont cost his life. When people from our country can go in mass to countries like malaysia and behave responsibly why cant they behave the same way in India? I think that too is a message in the film.[/tscii]

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ganesh,

You are right when you say India isnt as bad as it sounds like. But kindly refrain from bringing in other countries and races into this forum. NO POLITICS!

UNLIMITED MEALS,

I cant beleive you; just to support One lousy music composer (HJ) and a faltered movie by a good director, you have gone to the extreme of degrading INDIANS! The guy was right ONLY INDIANS PULL INDIANS FEET! Be a good indian before a loyal fanatic!

Shankar made big time errors in this movie. Anyone in TN could have seen Madans Thirai parvai on VIJAY TV this week. He pointed all of em out to shankar and shankar tried to explain them in vain. This guy Madhan is jus fantastic, he knows how to point out flaws without hurting any feelings!

Post Thanks / Like
    My above Rebuttal has no reference to music, music director or HJ, I dont know why you think I defend these. It is people like you that are associating the music and its creator to the actual value of the movie. And this time it comes out from your post.(Quite like Rumsfeld sliiping up all the time and making politically incorrect statements mistkingly linking Iraq to 9/11)

I never put down Indians. I am bringing up issues that are actually not well spoken of in our society. I dare any of us to deny what I have mentioned.

I am not a frog in a well working in an IT company, owning a two wheeler and eating idlis in saravanas and watching movies on weekends, owning a color LCD cellphone with free incoming, and living a jolly life and saying India is shining and all that . That kind of india where STD Booths, internet telephony, multiplexes, pizza joints, cellular hubs, pubs, bars, discotheques, theme restaurants, cocktail hangouts, cofee pubs are infested are only in the city and it is only probably 6-7 % of the entire India. The condition of the vilages and the interior parts of our country (especialy, karnataka, up, bihar, rajasthan, mp, andhra) are still horrible to say the least. Women have no say in the family and the men decide everything for a girl. I know this is changing in cosmopolitan cities. But I am talking abt the "REAL" india in the rural belts which constitute India's maximum population.

Please dont make sweeping allegations and if you really want to argue please present your arguments with some reasonable statistics.

India is still no.130+ in the Human Development Index and way behind some lesser known african countries.

I am an Indian and proud to be an Indian. However that does not mean I have to turn my back against our problems. I hate to sit in the comfort of ignorance and discount the real problems and quoting the internet boom and tech advances in the cities as proof of our "development"

More hilarious were the references made by my previous poster where India is viewed as a military might. We are an awesome military, but nothing compared to the super 8. If you want to call me unptariotic.. go ahead.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can say authentically most of your stats abouth the Indian Demography are absolutely wrong!

Go take up any of the lates WHO publications and see for your self India doesnt have those things u stated it does!

The only social issue of Major concern is Child Labour, but thats a problem of an uprising, unbalanced economy!

Unlimited meals your thinkin within your quota of 20 rupees per meal!

DO NOT DEGRADE INDIANS!

And I will not reply to anythin other than anniyan in this page, if you wanna sort out ur opinions ur welcome to PM me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Percentage of Indian population living below $2/day 79.9 %

Source: http://hdr.undp.org/statistics/data/...ic_24_1_1.html

Human Development Index(HDI) Rank: 127

Source: http://hdr.undp.org/statistics/data/...ic_16_1_1.html

The sources above are United Nations Development Programme

Why dont you rid yourself of this bigotry and spend a couple of minutes researching things on the web before you hastily write such gibberish. First I give a Hindu link and then you say that that article never calls Anniyan a super Hit. Very clearly in Bold letters at the bottom of the article it classifies Anniyan as a super-hit based on Cost and Revenue. You probably did not understand the article or you never bothered to read it.

You said-->"I can say authentically most of your stats abouth the Indian Demography are absolutely wrong! "

I want to see some authentic sources from you then. I can back up all my statements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movies
    And I will not reply to anythin other than anniyan in this page, if you wanna sort out ur opinions ur welcome to PM me!
    Writing some nonsense without any backing and running away refusing to oblige argumentation does not really go a long way in helping someone's forthrightness.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry NOVji......if someone talks that India is doing bad then i have to reply (esp after watching swades recently )......

unlimited meals....r u an Indian???if u r then dunt waste time in collecting useless stats by Human rights commission and posting it here......try to change this country by contributing in ur small way.....no use in complaining, we need to change this country ourselves........and god forsaken if u r in a foreign country then pls dunt talk like this- wat will they think of us........unga statsa patha, 10 satyajit ray padam paartha madhiri irukku.......

if u want india to be as glossy as US then be like a US citizen who has voted the tyrant of 2000's-Bush (who killed so many innocent iraqis and has started a never ending terrorism rage in iraq) back to power.....that's patriotism- they did not want world to realise that they oppose their pres.........

hey guys if u want we can start a new thread for this arguement in Miscellaneous section as HJ fans and NOV are getting irritated here .......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast