Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New albums of Harris Jeyaraj

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

New albums of Harris Jeyaraj

Why is there no separate discussion on the new albums of Harris? I believe he has earned enough recognition to merit that! Anniyan and Ullam kEtkumE are presently rocking. Soon VEttaiyAdu velayAdu will satisfy his fans in particular and music lovers in general. Are there any other forthcoming HJ albums. Let's discuss without bringing in ARR! Peace.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/15403.html

Harris Jeyaraj on song
    IndiaGlitz
    Monday, June 27, 2005

Harris Jeyaraj has emerged as the most busy music director in Kollywood today with many offers under his belt.

Though Harris has composed tunes for many movies earlier, his songs in the magnum opus Anniyan for which he joined hands with director Shankar, has taken him to greater heights.

Today he is busy scoring music for movies including Totti Jaya starring Silambarasan, Kamal Haasan’s Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu and Surya starrer Ghajini.

A modest Harris Jeyaraj, says "all credit should go to director Shankar. He got the best out of me".

A mix of foot-tapping and soft melodious numbers, songs in Anniyan has won appreciation from the music buffs. "I am happy that I am in spotlight now. I hope to surge ahead from here".

A good break for a quiet and unassuming man.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New albums of Harris Jeyaraj

Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever
    Why is there no separate discussion on the new albums of Harris? I believe he has earned enough recognition to merit that! Anniyan and Ullam kEtkumE are presently rocking. Soon VEttaiyAdu velayAdu will satisfy his fans in particular and music lovers in general. Are there any other forthcoming HJ albums. Let's discuss without bringing in ARR! Peace.

I don't think, HJ has lot fans like IR, ARR or YSR. But there is no problem to this thread.

Nadathungo

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanjeevi,

FYKI - It does not require huge fanfare to start a thread. It just requires talent, and HJ has definitely got immense talent. I dont think HJ's fanfare is lesser than YSR. Guess thats a old news (5 years' old news). BTW, I am an ardent fan of IR.

Post Thanks / Like
    One more Kaaka Kaaka calibre album and HJ will be at the very forefront of TFM. Let us hope VV will do just that. The funny thing is I don't anymore trust my judgment of his album after just one or two hearings. This happened with Leysa Leysa, Kaaka and Kaaka, and now Anniyan. All three are super hit albums for me now.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    think anniyan brought him up to that level. lucky bastard.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Sanjeevi,

I feel u are not aware of his fanclubs... have a look at it at yahoo groups and outside yahoo as well. A big fanfare indeed !

Post Thanks / Like

New albums of HJ

Yes, I agree with music4ever.. Without talent, no name and fame and success come along.. HJ is a trained western classical expert. I expected peppy numbers in Totti Jaya... I suppose the story does not demand peppy songs... the two melodies are nice to listen, especially Bombay Jayshree's voice is just great in that uyire song.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber coucou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ghajini - Honest try
    IndiaGlitz [Monday, July 25, 2005]
    After his blockbuster Ramana, director Murugadoss is gearing up for his next Ghajini, a movie starring Surya in the lead role with Asin and Nayantra for his company.

Surya plays a rich businessman in the movie and also a pursuer of a fugitive. It is a two-faced (literally) for Surya. One a dapper young man and another a rough-and-tough chaser.

Harris Jeyaraj, on a high after his tunes in Anniyan, has composed six lilting numbers for the movie.
    Salem Chandrasekhar, who has produced movies like Sullan and February 14 is the producer of Ghajini.

According to Murugadoss, the title is very symbolic. "The story is about a rich businessman who always works for the empowerment of women with no vested interests. Prakash Raj thwarts his efforts and how Surya overcomes and overpowers him is the rest of the story."

Surya, who had tonsured his head for the movie, says "it is a movie with a different story line sure to attract audiences. I have tried to live up to the expectations playing a rich young entrepreneur Sanjay Ramasamy".

Asin plays Surya's ladylove while Nayantra also in the cast.

Surya and Murugadoss is keen on making the movie count at the box office. Hope Murugadoss pulls it off again in Ghajini.

Ghajini, the name, is a metaphor for assiduous try.

Surya and Murugadoss have given just that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Malai chAralO en nenjilE
    sugamAi keeralO en uyirilE
    Yaaridamum thOndravillai idhupOl

is a stunning number by Harris. Well sung by Ramesh Vinayagam and Harini, but all credit should go to the MD for such a beautiful composition. Better than any song in the recent hit Anniyan, IMO.

Harris generally excels in composing youthful numbers. The above one, I hear, is from his Telugu remake of Kaaka Kaaka titled Gharshana. Imagine what level Kaaka kaaka album would have been if this had been included there itself!

Hats off Harris.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast