Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: anything under the sun that's related to sports.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got arattai arangam links too. Anyone feels like shedding tears today?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus
    I got arattai arangam links too. Anyone feels like shedding tears today?
    why tears?? pls give me the links, walrus....tq.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiru
    he^3w,

I'll open an account and let you know.. Thanks for the links.. Ek chidiyaan ellam vendam
    Thiru sir, I like your avatar...too bad the Yankees aren't having luck with the World Series the past few years even with all those guys and budget...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://us.rediff.com/sports/2005/nov...q=tp&file=.htm

Is he unstoppable?? Roger Federer, is he the best ever??

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthiya
    he^3w,

I'll open an account and let you know.. Thanks for the links.. Ek chidiyaan ellam vendam
    Thiru sir, I like your avatar...too bad the Yankees aren't having luck with the World Series the past few years even with all those guys and budget...
    Sinthiya, budget doesnt translate to victories does it? Yes, it has been a few years since they last won it but hopefully that will change in 2006...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber asan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    topstar back

Post Thanks / Like
    topstar back

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    asan, do not spam all the threads with links to the kaif thread... keep your kaif discussions to that thread alone...

Post Thanks / Like
    asan, do not spam all the threads with links to the kaif thread... keep your kaif discussions to that thread alone...
    ok
    topstar back

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal aspires for Olympic success

March 29, 2006 17:36 IST

High on confidence after a twin gold medal haul at the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games, India's top paddler Achanta Sharath Kamal is aspiring to win medals in the Olympics.

Sharath KamalThe tall and lanky player from Chennai said after their Melbourne medal haul, which also included a bronze in women's team event, the game would recieve a big boost in the country.

The fact that the Indians displayed tough resilience against formidable opponents is also certain to win them more supporters.

"After our performance in Melbourne, table tennis in India has reached the next level. We have raised the bar and now we can set higher goals," Kamal said after his arrival in New Delhi from Melbourne last night.

Admitting that he did not expect to win gold medals at the Commonwealth Games, Kamal said the success inspired him to aspire for medals in Asiad and Olympics.

"This is one of the big moments of my life. Though we were expecting two medals, we did not imagine that we will win two gold medals. This victory is a big achievement and it has given me the confidence to aspire for a medal in the Asian Games and Olympics," Kamal said.

Kamal, who was part of the men's gold winning team and later grabbed the singles title also, said the thrilling victory against Singapore for the team title was a big motivating factor for him ahead of the singles gold medal match.

"Our victory against Singapore in the finals of the team event was very important. And beating a player like Yanz Zi was not easy. It gave me a lot of confidence for the singles round." Thrashing defending champion Segun Toirala in straight games in the men's singles semifinals pepped Kamal further.

"I have lost to Segun twice but I was at my best in the semifinal. My forehand was working great and I did not make any unforced errors. I knew that If I reach the final, I could win the gold," Kamal said.

However, victory in the final did not prove to be a cakewalk as Australia's William Henzell gave a stiff fight and made the Indian sweat for the title.

"I was very nervous before the match, I could not keep my focus. I lost some important points to come under pressure. But then I got my rhythm back in the last game," the PSPB paddler said.

About the World Championship scheduled next month, Kamal said better rankings would put him in good stead for the competition.

"I will be taking part in the World Championships and then Asian Games. My performance in Melbourne will put me 20 to 30 places higher in world rankings. And I am looking ahead to carry forward my form and put on a good show," he added.
    http://in.rediff.com/sports/2006/mar/29kamal.htm

i wish kamal success and success alone. All his hard work and perseverance is now paying rich dividends.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast