View Poll Results: Should History & Culture Section remain in The Hub?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 80.49%
  • No

8 19.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do's and Dont's of History & Culture Section

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do's and Dont's of History & Culture Section

As all of you are aware, History & Culture Section was started in the new Hub on a trial basis and we promised that whether it will continue or not depended entirely on the Hubbers.

Unfortunately, it became a free-for-all with name calling and bashing started to rear its ugly head again, thus the temporary disabling of this section.

We would like to reiterate that the precise reason of a discussion board is to examine different point of views and we will not stop anyone from putting forth their opinion, with basis and in a respectful manner.

However, certain points need to be reiterated clearly, with the reopening of this section:

1. Discussions on religion is definitely out. No more "one form is superior to another" or "one culture preceding all others," etc.
    Please, no more of mother-of-all-religions or only-way-to-salvation discussions.

2. All forms of references to castes will not be tolerated and will be deleted, without ado.

3. Discussions on Aryan invasion theory including Dravidianism, are also out.

4. All languages are important and contribute to human progress. So no more language superiority issues either. Academic discussions are acceptable, provided they are not taken too far to the personal level and disparaging comments made.

To maintain a clean forum, we reserve the right to delete any postings or threads that run in contrary to these requirements. Besides the above, new regulations may be added as and when the need arises.

For the moment we have disabled the opening of new threads, until such a time, when we get comfortable with the knd of discussions carried on in the current threads.
    However, if there is any subject that you wish to discuss, you may state in this thread.

As mentioned earlier, this Indian History and Culture Section is being opened on a trial basis and whether it is continued or not, will depend on how clean, discussions are being held. So the future of this section is really in your hands now.

Please help us in keeping The Hub a good place for mature and intelligent discussions.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I strongly feel that the reaons for failure of Aryan Invasion theory shd be discussed. This is for the interest of the Nation's future! The more we fear consequences, the more, we are doomed.

If the Moderator, still feels that Aryan Invasion theory shd not be discussed,in Hisotry and Culture, by abiding the rules of the hub, I walk off!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for dropping by srivatsanvr.

Good bye.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Discussions on religion is definitely out. No more "one form is superior to another" or "one culture preceding all others," etc.
    Please, no more of mother-of-all-religions or only-way-to-salvation discussions.
    Then where do we discuss these things?

Rather than NOT DISCUSSING, it shall be interesting if POINTS ARE JUST PUT ACROSS, WITHOUT putting another RELIGION DOWN?

Discussions should be friendly, NOT TAKEN PERSONALLY OR HURTING anybody.

Everybody is entitled for their opinions!

Discussions leads to sharing of thoughts.
    Sharing would make is learn more

Post Thanks / Like
    SP, we have always allowed academic discussions on religion. It is one upmanship that is disallowed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then why is this hubber called "Rohit" being allowed to post anti-Hindu remarks in a more encapsulated way? Hope you take your words into action too

he is just detracting believers with his criticisms! One can call it constructive criticism but isnt it the rule of the hub not to ridicule the principle of any religion?

PS : Can i start a thread for values n teachings of ISLAM without offending any religion?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis786
    Then why is this hubber called "Rohit" being allowed to post anti-Hindu remarks in a more encapsulated way? Hope you take your words into action too
    He is trying to see the truth.

he is just detracting believers with his criticisms!
    Nobody asked to believe him. You can counter him and make his arguments are "worthless"!

One can call it constructive criticism
    There you go!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Senior Hubber goodsense's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    why is this hubber called "Rohit" being allowed to post anti-Hindu remarks in a more encapsulated way?

While he promotes Buddhism, he seems comfortable with Hindus changing to Christianity. I don't understand it. I noticed his inconcistency many times. At times I think he has extreme disregard for Hinduism, but I recall along time back, he said if he had to agree with religion, it would be hinduism.

At the same time, as can be seen from many of his post like in the "why religion" thread, he is a non-believer of GOD or God's existence. Any one who claimed differently, was trashed in one way or the other. May be he needs to understand that the devoted do have revelations and this can be found in any religion.

http://www.panoramatv.ca/panorama/pa...4%29/video.wmv

The other day he challenge me about offering the best to GOD in hinduism, when God should own everything, but christianity claims the same; to give/offer the best/most treasured - in some cases the first born (when god himself/herself is the creator).

Some people agree with everything he says. Beats me.

Senior Member Senior Hubber goodsense's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    May be it wasn't clear to me until now why someone referred to Rohit as a "beggar". Looking at my last post in this thread, it only remind me of a beggar man in Toronto. He is always seen on the trains. It unusual to see the same person more than once in such a big city, but he was always at some public functions. Today he would declare he is a Christian, tomorrow a Hindu and so on and he enjoys everything with everyone in these places. He is everyone's friend.

I was surprised after being away from the city for so many years, I caught sight of the man many times in town since my return. Now he looks alot shiner and stable. I am sure people found him out (may have taken a long time in such a big city) and may be he is not in the trade as much as he used to.

In society we have all kinds to accommodate.

I hope Rohit doesn't get upset, but I find this analogy very funny.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then why is this hubber called "Rohit" being allowed to post anti-Hindu remarks in a more encapsulated way?
    I do not pass any comment or remark on anything unless I have thoroughly investigated and analysed the matter myself and have found sufficient and conclusive evidences to support them.

he is just detracting believers with his criticisms!
    No one can detract anyone with any amount of criticism unless the holders of a belief are clearly shown the sheer inadequacy and fallacy of the belief they hold.

I have no intention whatsoever to hurt anyone’s emotional feelings. I am only uncovering the Truth; the real Truth, which is more likely to taste bitter to many of you and consequently may give rise to some extremely unpleasant experiences of severe dissonance. I am really sorry if that is the case.

While he promotes Buddhism
    I am not here to promote Buddhism. Whoever thinks or says that, are the ones who themselves have invoked Buddha or Buddhism in order to draw some fallacious support to their baseless arguments. I did not bring Buddhism into arguments unless it was already being used; which obliged me to argue against them in order to preserve the authenticity of Buddhism, which I have now satisfactorily achieved; and gladly, everyone now clearly knows that.

he said if he had to agree with religion, it would be hinduism.
    This is a blatant lie, a dissonance-ridden fabrication of shameless lie.

I have no reason whatsoever to say such thing. Period

Some people agree with everything he says.
    Not only some people, but people like you also agree with what I say. The only difference is, unlike others, people like you are not ready to admit it openly; instead they try to find some solace by superimposing their dissonance-ridden mental turmoil upon some fictitious characters, which in fact, makes their conditions even more obvious and pitiable.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast