Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cars

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars

Hi, i am planning to purchase a new car, but i have heard a lot of bad things about the reliability of some of the cars that i am thinking of purchasing. I am planning to trade in my only car for either a BMW, Lexus, Acura, or Audi. I have heard only good thing about Lexus, but i have heard that BMW and Audi are very unreliable and that Acura has many minor problems. Have any of you had bad experiences with any of these cars?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My friend recently got Acura with GPS for his wife. A good value for money. A luxury car under $33,000 not-so-expensive price. If you want to keep it within psycological limit of under $30K then don't opt for GPS, instead get a handheld device and hook it up to some GPS device for under $500.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cars

Quote Originally Posted by HindustaniLadka
    Hi, i am planning to purchase a new car, but i have heard a lot of bad things about the reliability of some of the cars that i am thinking of purchasing. I am planning to trade in my only car for either a BMW, Lexus, Acura, or Audi. I have heard only good thing about Lexus, but i have heard that BMW and Audi are very unreliable and that Acura has many minor problems. Have any of you had bad experiences with any of these cars?
    Not to be negative but I read that Acura is the most Stolen Vehicle in the US... Acura integra's engine fits perfectly fits in an Civic Chassis..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Acuras are the BEST when it comes to performance and Realiability
    Acura/Honda are the best their VTECH engine is the MOST POWER FULL Non-turbo engines in the world.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you guys are in US! Here in Europe BMW or Merc seem to be quite reliable. I know of people who have used one of those for 20 years with minimal maintenence. Audi seems to be good too.

PS: This is the first time I've heard of Acura! A new thing learnt today

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, yeah based on your responses, i am definetly going to consider the Acura's. I don't think i am going to go for the BMWs and AUdis since they are more expensive and they apparently have electrical problems. The Lexus is very tempting right now, because the dealers are willing to bargain a lot. TI talked to the sales person for a few minutes and she took almost $10000 off the car's price.

The car's i am considering as of now are the Acura RL(because it comes with everything standard and it costs less than everything else), the Lexus GS430(because it looks good and it s fun to drive) and the Lexus LS430(because it is much cheaper than other full size sedans, it is very comfortable and it is by far the smoothest and quietest car i have ever driven. ).

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any suggestions for Cars in India? My sister is looking for one. I was told that Accord and Camry are in India now but is'nt big for Indian roads?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, for India, i think it depends where your sister lives. If she's in a city, she should go for a small to midsized car, if she's in a vilalge or rural area, she sohuld probably go for a small to midsized SUV.

One thing i noticed about India was that the cars there cost t\morew than twice as much as they do in the US. In the US, a base Toyotra Camry costs less that $20000. In India, it costs around $50000 USD.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I travelled in a few cars during my india trip and I felt for indian city road conditions an ideal car on the smaller end would be a santro or zen.. in the mid size section, Baleno was really good and i didnt like ford ikon... Camry and Accord were spacious but they look like a boat and parking would certainly be difficult with these cars... in SUVs I liked Scorpio because of its looks and its space.. Its costs around 6.5 lakhs and an SUV for that rate is a steal..

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too think small to midsized varities will be good for Indian roads. I suggested Fiat Palio. I've driven it once and it seemed to be smooth, stylish and compact. But she says Fiat's post sales service is really poor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast