Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MALAYALAM MOVIE FANS, PLEASE HELP

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Sorry! No retards allowed!!
    Rite again, Surya! This guy seems to be in a really chaotic state of mind here, going on contradicting himself lately!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

DOg Eat DOg Thread huh?

haha..wow!! great convo. has anyone seen the movie the GODFather? it's pretty old with mukhesh, siddique, thilaken, jagadeesh, innocent..etc....it's real good..i was just wondering if anyone knew the name of the lead female in the movie...i'm not sure she's a malayali but i jus wanted to know her name.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    unnai yaaro pethiraka ennai yaaro pethiraka
    analum neeyum naanum annan thambi da
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Sorry! No retards allowed!!

Then why the hell are you here????????????????????/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MALAYALAM MOVIE FANS, PLEASE HELP

[quote="Girish11"]Hi everyone.

Malayalam movie fans, kindly help me out.

I have a list of Malayalam movies possible to get, since I am
    not a Malayali and I dont watch Malayalam movies regularly,
    I dont know which are good movies. But I enjoy watching
    Malayalam movies and keen to watch the good ones.
    I tried to find a website which gives good honest reviews and
    a good database covering reviews of all Malayalam movies
    including old movies but I cannot find one.

So, please give me your unbiased opinion on the movies in
    below list and also suggest good websites for seeing
    the reviews. Thanks in advance.

If you can follow the language well,

watch,

Vaddaku noki yanthram (based on a real life incident of a husband with inferiority complex. Srinivasan is at his best in direction, script & acting)

Pappan Priyapetta Pappan (Comedy- I loved it)

Meesa Madhavan (Comedy- I would call it a collection of pjs...An entertainer, anyway and great songs)

Gandhinagar 2nd street (Mohanlal-Srini team obviously means FUN!)

Mr Butler (Dilip's comedy- good but the story gets rather bizzare towards in the end)

swapnalokathe balabhaskaran ( funny- I recommend this one )

Aniyan Bhava, Chettan Bhava ( Its really a comedy of errors! Fun!)

Peru mazhakaalam ( A classic Kamal Picture)

Thalavattom (I recommend this one- Nice film)

Yodha ( 3 cheers for the movie & my all time favorite Actor, Jagathy Sreekumar. A must watch!!!!!)

Chinthavishtaaya Shyamala ( Another of Srini's Triple Act- Dir, Act & Script- Veryvery good!)

Toovana Tumbigal - (When its a Padmarajan Movie, you don't need to ask anyone whether it will be good)
    The same goes for Nammukku Paarakam Munthiri Thoppugal

Ishtam ( a lovely movie with comedy, songs and above all the relationship between a father & son. You'll love it!)

Nokkatha Doorathu Kannum Nattu- A nice Fazil Movie.

Vellanakaludey nadu - This is one of Lal's movies from the 80's, which had comedy rolled inside a social issue. Nice.

Minnaram - Ok- If you like the Lal gimmicks!

Kaikudunna nilavu- Could have been a better movie but somewhere something's amiss- Average.

Summer in Bethelhem- Manju Warrior is at her best! A lovely entertainer by Sibi Malayil.

Malayali mamannu Vanakkam- A comedy film by Jayaram- Rajasenan. Kalabhavan Mani as "Perumal" is at his best!. Mani prooves that he can handle 'serious roles" with as much ease as comedy ones.

Niram - A coulourful, campus Movie. But this is one Kamal movie that I HATED! This movie gives the wrong impression that a man & woman cannot be just friends. I didn't like the concept. Great songs and interesting star cast.

Kalyanaraman - Entertaining love story.

Chronic bachelor - Good one. Now, why does this man grow younger & more handsome by the day? You know who- Mamooty!

Muthaaram kunnu P O - Comedy! Good one.

Panjabi house - Colourful & Entertaining.

Rakshasa rajavu - If you like Larger than Life stuff, here's that for you. But one could watch it just to see the awesome screen presence of Mamootty. Meena as usual is a charming dove.

Raavana prabhu - The sequel of "DevaAsuram". Something like Kane & Abel. A fight between two powwerful ppl! Good though.

Bootha kannai- Classic! Mammooty is his best as a schizophrenic. A beautiful, Lohitdas Movie

Yathra karudey sradhaykku - I loved this one. Sathyan Anthikad never disappoints his audience.

Chandramudikunna dikkil- Average.

I hope I've been of help, Girish. These are the movies I would recommend.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MALAYALAM MOVIE FANS, PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Niranjana

I hope I've been of help, Girish. These are the movies I would recommend.
    Thanks a lot Niranjana, of course you have been of great help
    more than I expected since you just did not mention if the
    movie was good or bad but gave a short one line review
    for each movie you know which really helps a lot.

Many people about whom you have mentioned, I dont know
    really such as Dir.Kamal, Dilip etc. I have not seen more than 15
    malayalam movies, the ones I can remember are
    Chanakyan, Yatra, New Delhi times, CBI diary -first part,
    Amaram, Vandanam, Chitram, In Hariharan nagar, No.20 M.Mail,
    One M.Lal movie in which he acts as a commando,
    One movie based on dowry subject with Thilakan and Parvathi- Do
    you know the name of this movie?

I can understand the language to manageable
    extent, not very well, but I am really keen to watch good
    Malayalam movies.

Appreciate your help. Here are a few more, can you please
    give your comments on the ones you know?

Jalosalvam, Mekhmalar, Aanvaal mothiram, Iruvattom manavatti,
    Vallyettan, Thekkekara

Have a nice weekend.

Regards
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we
    take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meghamalhaar- sweet, wistful, nostalgic would be my choice of words to describe. Since I mostly like offstream cinemas better, I loved this one. But this isn't purely an art movie. Its got beautiful songs. The theme is something that could happen to any one of us. Biju Menon & Samyuktha won the best pair as well as best actor awards for this movie. This again is a movie by Dir Kamal. I think u'll love this. This is one of my all time favourites.

Aanaval mothiram- is a comedy/action mix. Sreenivasan & Suresh Gopi combine in this film to give you a taste of both ends of the spectrum. I love Sreeni's tactics. So, I enjoyed this one. Average Rating.

Iruvattom Manavatti- In my opinion, this is one of the most BORING movies I've ever seen. Except for Kavya's good looks, this isn't worth wasting your time.

I've not seen the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    The other films I would reccomend are :

Mizhirandillum- Kavya Madhavan, one of the best actresses of today does a marvellous job in a Double Role. The songs are excellent. Indrajit, s/o of Late Actor Sukumaran does a neat job. Good plot . Well done.

Chitram - An Excellent & a Timeless Priyadarshan- Lal Combo. A must watch.

Poochakkuru Mukuthi- A 100% Entertainer. A must watch! I have seen this movie a zillion times ..lol!

Sanmanassu ullavarkku samadanam- Like most Lal movies from the 80's, this one is also a 100% audience- friendly!

April 18- Balachandra Menon's best remembered film. Shobhana's first movie. Nice.

Mukhachitram- An entertainer with Jairam & Urvashi. Jagathy & KPAC Lalitha as usual does a neat job.

Kadinjool Kalyaanam- Jairam & Urvashi again. Funny! Urvashi is an ace actress and handles the role of the eccentric "Hridaya kumari" very well.

Pava Koothu - Jairam, Parvati & Ranjini are entangled in a triangle. For a time pass, its fine.

Shubha Yatra- A Jairam Parvati film again. Depicts the problems of keralites who live in other parts of India. Nice

Sneham- Jairam as an eldest son/elder bro & the backbone of the family does a great job. All the songs are excellent.

Paithrukam - A different movie by Jayaraj. Great songs. You'll love it.

Kilukkam petti- Jairam- Jagathy combo. A light hearted movie.

Kilukkam- Mohanlal- Jagathy combination which is simply GREAT!

Nadodikaattu }
    Pattanapravesham -} Sequels. REALLY GOOD.
    Akkare akkare akkare}

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Niranjana
    Meghamalhaar- sweet, wistful, nostalgic would be my choice of words to describe. Since I mostly like offstream cinemas better, I loved this one. But this isn't purely an art movie. Its got beautiful songs. The theme is something that could happen to any one of us. Biju Menon & Samyuktha won the best pair as well as best actor awards for this movie. This again is a movie by Dir Kamal. I think u'll love this. This is one of my all time favourites.

Aanaval mothiram- is a comedy/action mix. Sreenivasan & Suresh Gopi combine in this film to give you a taste of both ends of the spectrum. I love Sreeni's tactics. So, I enjoyed this one. Average Rating.

Iruvattom Manavatti- In my opinion, this is one of the most BORING movies I've ever seen. Except for Kavya's good looks, this isn't worth wasting your time.

I've not seen the rest.
    Thanks again Niranjana.

Like you, I am also keen to see some good offstream movies.
    Since you are busy these days finding such movies and watching
    them, please do let me know of the movies you watch and
    your opinions on the same.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we
    take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome, boss!

I watched "salperu Ramankutty" y'day. I liked it. The entire crew has done a wonderful job. Lalu Alex is sooooo good! Everyone's done theoir bit very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Suthradaran

Suthradharan is a welcoming respite from the trend of present day films with loose scripts and substandard comedy. On the contrary, this film throws light into the lives of ordinary people and how they cope with daily pressures.

Rameshan (Dilip) is the only hope of his family that consists of two sisters, a jobless father and grandmother and he shoulders the responsibility of his family at a fairly young age. He learns homeopathy from home and becomes a self-taught doctor. A jack of all trades, he also sells home-made pickles and pappads. When Sadanandan (Kalabhavan Mani), the local gunda attacks his sister, Rameshan stabs him and escapes to Pandavapuram in search of his friend Leela Krishnan (Salim Kumar). A series of funny events follow while Rameshan frantically goes about in search of his friend, whom he had cured of jaundice. To his surprise, he finds that his friend makes a livelihood by playing a eunuch.

As luck would have it, Rameshan lands himself at Devuma's (Bindu Panickar) brothel, where he meets the chaste and innocent Shivani (Meera Jasmine). Shivani, untouched and pure, falls in love with the first man she has seen. With Devuma's help, Rameshan sets up a clinic of his own and he finds himself falling deeper and deeper in love with Shivani. Ranima (Chithra), Shivan's foster mother, wants him to marry Shivani. But with the arrival of Bharathi, Devuma's guru in this field, things take a drastic twist and in the end, the lovers unite, after overcoming several barriers.

Meera Jasmine, a new find, is pretty and looks promising. Dilip, as an upcoming actor of the present generation, gets better film after film. Bindu Panickar has done a neat job of her role and is truly outstanding in the movie.

The music by Ravindran is pleasant enough. Lohith Das, the master storyteller saves the face of the sinking Malayalam industry. The art direction and photography are beautiful. On the whole, Suthradharan has everything an audience looks forward to - music, dance, a well-defined plot, spice, good humour and a happy ending. A good movie in recent times.

This review of mine was published in a website some time back. Thought this wud be helpful for you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast