Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IT Professionals

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

IT Professionals

Dear All,

If any of you are in the I.T/Software/Hardware/Project Management Fields, we can discuss, programming languages like C++, C#, SQL+, T-SQL, Oracle, SQL Server,.net,VB,Visual Studio,etc.

Please post your questions in any of the above so that we can have increase our knowledge in these areas, thanks

If any of you actually work with MS SQL Server 2000/ Oracle 11i and VB please let me know, as I have few questions to ask.

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    No we are not software engineers but software THIEVES who spend 1 hr downloading songs, 1 hr on cricinfo, 1 hr on dinathanthi, 1 hr on tfmpage, and 1 hr driving out Mandakkai. Remaining 30min is spent in closing windows and pressing Alt-Tab when managers and tech leads like JG, cinefan, scorpio approach our seat.(ignore eating time, fruit juice time and phone time with girlfriends)

For useful learning go to http://groups-beta.google.com/group/linux.kernel?hl=en

Put "visual basic", ".net", "linux" in the first box, hit search and u will get more groups with genuinely interested people who will take time to answer ur queries, not ask a question and disappear without saying thanks like indian programmers do.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes sir raghu!
    I am an IT professional.
    hIT man for hire.
    shoot your questions, somebody will answer it.
    Let us make this forum another mini google groups or serverside.com.
    This way you can help us browse the "hub" officially.
    If my PM asks, I can reply"I am looking answer for the unresolved DB issue or something. He may pat me on the back and I may even get a rise!!!!
    Thanks Raghu!!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus
    ..... spend 1 hr downloading songs, 1 hr on cricinfo, 1 hr on dinathanthi, 1 hr on tfmpage, and 1 hr driving out Mandakkai. Remaining 30min is spent in closing windows and pressing Alt-Tab when managers and tech leads like JG, cinefan, scorpio approach our seat.(ignore eating time, fruit juice time and phone time with girlfriends)
    Sorry Raghu, IT and I are too far apart but if IT means what hehehe has said (in bold above), then yes, I am very very close to IT.
    Sorry for digression Pa!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Akash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea i am starting with the questions...

actually i am in systems side s/w Engg, so i dunno any thing related to DB. One of my proj. requirement is like i have to store a mass of data and retrieve it to compute it for the results. The computation involves more complex algorithms, So no other go, i am going to work with the Big Mama - ('C')...

And as i need UI as well, i planned to do it in VC, so that i can include MFC components for GUI, as well as my algorithms in C for computing. SO WHAT DB Can i use? i just need to store and retrieve the data, suggest some DB.. that will go easyly with VC.

oracle/mysql/... some thing

(hey the main thing is, its not my official work, its for my personal work... so i have to get the DB by myself... so cost too matters)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NM
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus
    ..... spend 1 hr downloading songs, 1 hr on cricinfo, 1 hr on dinathanthi, 1 hr on tfmpage, and 1 hr driving out Mandakkai. Remaining 30min is spent in closing windows and pressing Alt-Tab when managers and tech leads like JG, cinefan, scorpio approach our seat.(ignore eating time, fruit juice time and phone time with girlfriends)
    Sorry Raghu, IT and I are too far apart but if IT means what hehehe has said (in bold above), then yes, I am very very close to IT.
    Sorry for digression Pa!
    NM akka, neenghaluma, naa ninaichen neengha romba nalla akka-nu

Post Thanks / Like
    HHW,

Thanks for that link Dude

JG anNe,

Naanum apadi thaan ninaichen aiya :LOL:

Akash,

Tell me Exactly what you are trying to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, Lets get serious now.

IN SQL SERVER 2005, I have created a DTS Packages, which Migrates data from one server to another (including database Objects & data), but occasionaly it fails with an error message saying

'[SQL-DMO]The BUlk Copy Execution Has Failed'

I looked it up on google, but they still don't tell me how this can be resolved, any ideas?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Akash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Akash,

suggest some DB.. that will go easyly with VC.
    that is less in cost, i just need to store and retrieve data through VC!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Akash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Akash,

suggest some DB.. that will go easyly with VC.
    that is less in cost, i just need to store and retrieve data through VC!!
    Get your self an SQL Sever 7(borrow it from some one) this will be cheaper than Oracle, or MS ACCESS (will be far more chaeper and easier to create a database) and then YOU can use ODBC(Open Database Connections) in your Control Panel (If using XP, it would be in Administrative tools) to connect to VC

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast