• Kaarakozhambu

0 0%
  • lemon pickle

8 29.63%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite food

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Karnataka,they do a dish called 'Srikharni'with mangoes.it's like kheer&is generally eaten with puris.Rajvardhan foods in Jayanagar 9th block serves this under the name of 'aam ras puri'.Try it out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is also the famous Andhra Taanra. Very delicious. Whenever I stop by Vijayawada in summer, I grab some.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yenpa Jai Ganesh anNe

Ungaluku saapadai vitaa veru kathiye illayaa

Just joking

Any way, I love anything hot, esp chana curries, I make sure when ever I cook, I put no less than 25 Green Chillies, in that way, ONLY I will eat that

Senior Member Regular Hubber aravindhan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Any way, I love anything hot, esp chana curries, I make sure when ever I cook, I put no less than 25 Green Chillies, in that way, ONLY I will eat that
    You will like the recipes in Meenakshi Ammal's "Samaitthu paar" series of books, then. Her recipes typically call for 6-8 green chillies, 8-10 red chillies, and a few spoons of chilli powder.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aravindhan
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    You will like the recipes in Meenakshi Ammal's "Samaitthu paar" series of books, then. Her recipes typically call for 6-8 green chillies, 8-10 red chillies, and a few spoons of chilli powder.
    Aravindhan,

Are they available world wide or just in India?

Post Thanks / Like
    JG thanks for yr explanation.

Wow...all these talk of mangoes is very mouthwatering...! I simple love mangoes, raw or cooked! Mom makes very good "mango patchadi"..yummy when eaten with sambar!

In Thailand, they have mango that is green and hard but very sweet, not sour at all. This mango is thinly sliced and then mixed with ponded ground nut, dried shrimps and small chillies (also thinly sliced). They would then put this mixture on deep-fried fish. It really taste yummy when you eat fish plus the mixture!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cha! I can't believe only one more person besides me has cast a vote for Vathakuzhambu!!!

Have you ever eaten vathakuzhambu the next day morning, with cold curds on rice!! Yummm!!

My grandmom (miss her badly) used to tell me a story of this sundakkai which was to become vathakuzhambu ingredient and ended up catching a theif instead, while giving my brother and me handfuls of this "jill" curd rice and vathakuzhambu!!

Vathakuzhambu is one of those things that improve with age (not too much age, just the next day!)

Slurp and sigh!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    jai ganes super thread pa
    ±í¸ Å£ðÊÄ À¡ðÊ ´Õ ¦Àâ ƒ¡Ê墀 Á¡ÅÎ §À¡ðÎ ¦ÅÕôÀ¡
    ¾¢ÉÓõ Áò¾¢Â¡Éõ ¾Â¢÷ º¡¾õ, Á¡ÅÎ
    «Ê츧ŠÓÊ¡Ð

«ôÒÈÁ¡ ºÉ¢-»¡Â¢Ú ¬îÍÉ¡ «õÁ¡ ¾Â¢÷ º¡¾õ À¢º¢ïÍ ¨¸Ä À¢ÊîÍ À¢ÊîÍ ¦¸¡ÎôÀ¡. «ÐÄ ¿Î×Ä ´Õ º¢ýÉ ÌÆ¢× ¦ºïÍ º¡õÀ¡÷ Å¢ðÎ º¡ôÀ¢Î§Å¡õ.............«¦¾øÄ¡õ ´Õ ¸¡Äõ

Post Thanks / Like
    Inthe maavadu enna-nu enakku teriyele

Post Thanks / Like
    NM: maavadu is raw small mangais in brine and chili or sometimes in pickle base (with oil, spices etc)! Maavadu and thayir sadam is a marriage that was definitely made in heaven, although vathakuzhambu thayir sadam would probably be God's favorite!!

When you come to Melbourne, I will get you some maavadu! Then you'll know what you've missed. Surely, Indian stores in Malaysis would have mavadu pickle?
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast