View Poll Results: Which version of Roja do you prefer??

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tamil

20 100.00%
  • Hindi

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roja = among Time Magazine's Top Ten Best Film Soundtracks

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Roja = among Time Magazine's Top Ten Best Film Soundtracks

Roja:Though he is renowned as the preeminent composer of modern Bollywood, A.R. Rahman was born and still works in Madras, 1,000 miles south of Bombay. His Tamil compatriot, the writer-director Mani Ratnam, yanked him out of jingle-writing to compose his first full score for Roja (The Rose) the tale of a woman whose lover is kidnapped by terrorists. Through this grim political parable, Rahman laced some spectacular melodies that not only serve the drama, they create their own[EM]as in the duet ballads "Yeh Haseen Vadiyan" and "Roja Jaaneman," which first are grounded in recitative, then suddenly ascend into celestial melody. This astonishing debut work parades Rahman's gift for alchemizing outside influences until they are totally Tamil, totally Rahman. He plays with reggae and jungle rhythms, fiddles with Broadway-style orchestrations, runs cool variations on Morricone's scores for Italian westerns.

http://www.time.com/time/2005/100mov...tracks,00.html

a great news...but so dissapointing its not the Tamil Roja!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That Old Feeling: Isn't It Rahmantic?

http://www.time.com/time/columnist/c...013198,00.html

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Roja = among Time Magazine's Top Ten Best Film Soundtrac

Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    Roja:Though he is renowned as the preeminent composer of modern Bollywood, A.R. Rahman was born and still works in Madras, 1,000 miles south of Bombay. His Tamil compatriot, the writer-director Mani Ratnam, yanked him out of jingle-writing to compose his first full score for Roja (The Rose) the tale of a woman whose lover is kidnapped by terrorists. Through this grim political parable, Rahman laced some spectacular melodies that not only serve the drama, they create their own[EM]as in the duet ballads "Yeh Haseen Vadiyan" and "Roja Jaaneman," which first are grounded in recitative, then suddenly ascend into celestial melody. This astonishing debut work parades Rahman's gift for alchemizing outside influences until they are totally Tamil, totally Rahman. He plays with reggae and jungle rhythms, fiddles with Broadway-style orchestrations, runs cool variations on Morricone's scores for Italian westerns.

http://www.time.com/time/2005/100mov...tracks,00.html

a great news...but so dissapointing its not the Tamil Roja!
    THIS IS THE HIGHEST TRIBUTE AN INDIAN COMPOSER CAN IMAGINE . AMAZING !!! (ARR IS REALLY BLESSED).

DINESH, IF U READ THE ARTICLE AGAIN IT's MENTIONED WELL AT THE BEGINNING ITSELF THAT HE IS FROM MADRAS & HIS TAMIL COMPATRIOT - MR. FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING THEY MIGHT HAVE PICKED THE HINDI VERSIONS 8) . Everyone should know that Roja is from ARR. Any north indian/foreigner shud not assume thats its from Anumalik or NS (local bollywood MD's) ...

LONG LIVE THIS GENIUS . EAGERLY AWAITING "TLOR" FOR MORE MIRACLES TO HAPPEN .

DINESH, PLS SAVE THIS LINK AND POST IT IN YR WEBSITE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE . THANKS

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR is the greatest gift to mankind - He is GOD!!

Post Thanks / Like

grrr.....
    they watched Nayakan (IR) and picked Roja (ARR)...

mmmmmm...

anage yennapa theeyithu?....vayera?....

he he he...chumma thaan pa...rombe naala aachi.....

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know why you have to pull IR in this. Since you pulled IR unwarrently, I am now proud to say that they watched Nayagan and selected the best movie because the music gave life to the movie. They watch Roja and selected best song, because the song didnt add any value to the movie. This truly shows ... you complete the rest. This is the difference between selflessness and selfishness.

I do respect the feelings of ARR fans and I do like ARR (infact today only we were talking about ARR and the impact he made in entire country, not just tamilnadu), but if any one pull IR unwantedly, I will go to my extreme limit, so be warned.

Post Thanks / Like
    njv,

saamathanam....saamanthanam....
    chumma thaan pa.......

i look high upon IR>.....but i just coudln't help it...avvalothaan...

hare rama hare krishna...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    I am now proud to say that they watched Nayagan and selected the best movie because the music gave life to the movie. They watch Roja and selected best song, because the song didnt add any value to the movie.
    so they gave Nayakan best movie coz of the music???pitty Mani Ratnam!so all the credit goes to music alone ..Mani ratnam,u didint do anyting to make this movie into the list!!it all credit goes to IR!!

if u didint know machan,the BEST SOUNDTRACK is meant to be given to sololy to the music (how quality is the music),so i gues IR is not in the list,hats off the ARR!! his 1st album is in the top class!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

njv!

njv! It is obvious that Nayakan(100) & Roja (10) has been picked in the movies and music section realistically. Glad both are MR's movies. Nayakan was picked not just for the script, screenplay & direction, It has also got the brilliant performance by Kamal Hasan(heroism) when compared to Aravindswamy. Not to conceal IR's soulful music (thenpandi cheemayile). Nayakan's music was not par to Roja's music. In mass, many ppl dont even remember Nayakan's music now. Tell me! Who can forget the storm created when "ROJA" was released and ARR's debutant National award and all Other misc awards on that year.

Disappointing, MR's "anjali" wasnt given due credits

Quote Originally Posted by njv
    but if any one pull IR unwantedly, I will go to my extreme limit, so be warned.
    THIRUTTHAVUM...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thambi dinesu,konjam adakki vasippa,nee romba chinna payyan,maniratnam paati pesa unnakku vayasu pattathu rasa...shankar pola 'MASAL THOSAI'director padamnna thalayila thukki vechikittu aaduvingga!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast