Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OTHER MD'S FANS ARE WELCOME TO DISCUSS

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OTHER MD'S FANS ARE WELCOME TO DISCUSS

SUBJECT: OTHER MD'S FANS ARE WELCOME TO DISCUSS

Dear Folks,

I KNOW MANY OF MY MATES WILL CURSE ME FOR STARTING SUCH A THREAD. BUT THE ULTIMATE AIM OF THIS THREAD IS TO APPRECIATE & ENJOY QUALITY MUSIC FROM ANY OF THE MUSIC DIRECTORS. CAN UTILIZE THIS FORUM FOR COMPARISON WITH OUR MAESTRO TOO. LET ARR FANS TAKE THE INITIATIVE TO BE BROAD MINDED AND ADMIT THE FACTS IN APPRECIATING QUALITY MUSIC, ENCOURAGING NEW TALENTS.

SINCE,WE WERE ALREADY HAVING A VERY STRONG DEBATE WITH RAJASARANAM(HC FAN OF IR) SCATTERED IN DIFFERENT THREADS WE WOULD ORGANIZE IN ONE THREAD AND INVITE OTHERS TO COME AND POUR MORE COMMENTS.

RULES: NO FILTHY LANGUAGES, NO HARD FEELINGS, NO PERSONAL COMMENTS.

ENJOY POSTING.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    u think it will work??? i've hardly seen a ARR-fan disrespecting IR unless obviously if he is tempted to do so......hatred always comes from IR-fans side.....

strange isn't it- ARR fans do listen to IR and YSR also.....but IR fans cannot listen to ARR and YSR fans also do not listen to ARR songs.....ever wondered y???

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahaha....so true man!!i wonder y....so weird huh!!! eventhough i bash Harris from left to right,and right to left!i still listen to his music man!! but wonder y these guyes r like this...i do enjoy IR,YSR & HJ music maximum...from IR my personal fav is Oliyile - Azhagi,Ennaku Pidhitha paadal - Julie Ganapathy and all songs from Hey ram...YSR i loved manmadhan,7G Rainbow,Povellam ketupar (amazing album from YSR,i rate his best tll date),Theenda theenda - thulluvadho illamai,Hj i like Laysa Laysa,Ullam Ketkumea's Ennai pandatha,Mazhai Mazhai,and Gharshana's Ye Chilipi...try asking a fav of ARR from IR fans...u get the same answer from all IR fans.... = NONE!!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, coming back to the topic (Scale I appreciate you doing this). Let me post my first pick

All songs from Ninaithalae Inikkum

Sambo Siva Sambo
    Engeyum Eppodhum
    Yaadhum Oorae Yavarum
    Namma Ooru Sinagari
    Barathi Kannamma

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW I am an IR fan, but these are my fav from ARR

WOHE - Chineese version, not hindi version
    Kannathil Muthamittal
    Indian - Pachchai kiligal
    Thiruda Thiruda
    Kizhakku Cheemayilae (all songs)
    Anjali - Anjali Anjali
    Jeans - Kannodu Kaanbathellam

I am just listing few, but the list is lot more.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you wonder why I choosed Kizhakku Cheemaiyilae, I am from a villiage and for us music means IR and when KC came, we all felt happy (the happiness a kid gets when they have a new dress for diwali!) because its new. VM should be appreciated and remembered here for penning wonderful lyrics.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    gr8 njv.....u once again proved no group of ppl. can be generalised.......there r IR fans who do not and cannot listen to ARR but all IR fans r not like that.....i stand corrected here.......KC is one of my fav too......

my fav for other MD's
    HJ- Minnale( vaseegra), Majnu(Hari gori), Laysa laysa( edho onru), Chellame( Kadhalikkum aasai), Arasatchi( 20 vayadhu), Saami( pudichirukku).........

IR- its really a big list....but my most fav tamil no. is "malayil yaaro" from sathriyan........that, for me is THE song......i rate it above any ARR song........i particularly like punnagai mannan also a lot.....

YSR- Poovellam Kettupar(all songs), Manmadhan (manmadhane), Thulluvatho ilamai( kan munne, edhu kadhla), Kadhal Kondein (devadhai), raam( rap song),

Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy

Malayil Yaaro reminds me my college days (autograph!). Coming back to the topic, the list of songs I liked from Vidya Sagar

1. Parthiban Kanavu (variety)
    2. Run (fast and peppy)
    3. Dhool (Aasai Aasai - and few other peppy ones)

There may be very few others that I am missing, but these CDs are in my car all the time. The other one I ripped from a DVD and made MP3 out of it is VS's inaguration song in his Singapore Live. Its a fusion of Thiagaraja Keerthanai with symphonic orchestra. Its really good and stand on top of the rest of his filmi' songs.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good work njv. We should have a thread to discuss music by any MD and be honest about the quality. This will be useful for people like me, who get to know about good songs from forums like this.

I am an ardent fan of IR. I like alot of other MDs songs some are refreshing and different.

ARR ...
    July Madham for its interludes
    All songs of Dil Se
    Kannathil Muthamittal (Vellai Pookal ... very good, Sundari ... for its usage of different voices at varied levels to create mood) to name a few (of a lot).

HJ .... 12B songs, Ondra renda, Aval Ulaga
    VS .. Anbe Sivam
    YSR ... 7G rainbow, Poovellam Kaetupaar
    KR .. Dum Dum Dum (wish he gives an album like this)

One thing which separates IR and others is that he creates every mood with his music and others give just enjoyment (with ARR an exception in few cases). But, I should admit some of the non-IR songs are mind blowing.

Vatsa

Senior Member Devoted Hubber coucou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am arr fan but i like others songs of other md above all HJ AND illayaraja
    HJ: minnale (vaseegara) i dont undernstand why i can't hate this song, i like its for ever.
    :all songs of saami, kovil,majunu
    (all songs of anniyan of course lollollol)

ilayaraja : all song release between 1990 and 2000 (thalabathy, veera, walterveetrivel,........)
    i start liking ysr after manmathan:
    all manmathan songs, samikittay, sajkkai podu (daas), yele yele (arindhum ariyamelum)
    i like too vidyasagar dappanguttu songs but i hate its after few months

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast