Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "Nayakan" among "Time" mag's 100 best

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    Mr. Nilavu, brilliant explanations, but is not satisfactory. What are all the doubts created by Mr. Karthik, are reasonable.

I also seen several Marwaris in sowcarpet in chennai, they will talk tamil, which we can understand. They may not know 'ilakana tamil', to give explanation to thirukural, but know to speak like "neenga munnaadi poraan, naan pinnaadi varudhu". The great Dhadha V.Naicker (who is living in Bombay from his 7th age) does not know hindi, but Vijayan, Delhi Ganesh etc will speak hindi.

About tube & salt matter: They are using tube and salt only when they are bringing the smuggled goods from ship. But do you know how they discharge them from ship?. The ship crew tie the boxes in a rope and naicker and janagraj just take them by a hooked stick. What about 'Harbour kedupidi', as mentioned before?. These thing Reddy cant do it?, infact he is called as harbour king.

Reddy give information to customs about naicker's smuggling matter, they also come and see Velu Naicker's boat is coming from port (so the information is correct), but they did not suspect why some unnecessary ropes hanging inside the sea water.

We cant expect more logic from these kind of movies, if Nayagan is graded as a good movie. But Naayaganai poruthavarai ulagaththil illaatha adhisaya padamaaga pesa paduvathaal, idhu pondra minor pointsai karthik sutti kaattuvathil thavaru illai.

Just showing the scnese in dimlight will not bring the night effect. In this matter, Kamal Haasan looks better director than Mani Rathnam. He picturised fentastic night effect in 'unnai vida' song in Virumaandi.
    i shall again explain

1)first one regarding language......i have already told him that i have gone through some maarvadis who dont know tamil....its ok.
    why dont u look in different manner.the people watching the movie are tamilians.....if velu nayakar is talking to all of them in hindi,noone can understand.so..,to make the people understand maniratnam could have undergone this technique.You know what happened in "hey raam".many cant understand the film.

think that velunayakar know hindi.then he would have takled with everyone in mumbai in hindi.can we understand?

2)the harbour thing...saradhaa are u aware of the length of bombay sea-shore?its so lengthy....u cant place the policeman covering its ful length.velu nayakar could have gone to any end of shore and disposed the goods....

is that convincing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nilavu naanum

Quote Originally Posted by mr_karthik
    Hindi nallA PesanumnA, Hindi books padipthai vida, hindi class attend pannuvadhai vida, romba easyAna method, just stay in Mumbai for 6 months, you can speak fluent Hindi. AnAl, Velu Naicker 5 vayasilirundhu Bombayil irupArAm. AnAl Hindi theriyathaam. Translator vachu pesuvArAm. Nalla kathaiyA irukkE..!!
    I am the example. I lived in New Delhi for 8 months. But I couldn't speak in Hindi or understand clearly. if all circumference of Kamal was Tamilians, Kamal couldn't undertand

Sait veettil poyi avar veettu kattil, Beruo, telephone, chandliers ellAm pOttu udaichathum, sait policeku pogAmal, documentsai kizhithu pOttu viduvArAm. Nalla kadhaiyaa irukkE..!!
    A car was running and after some time it was stopped automatically. The driver told, "petrol tank has been empty".

Only this type scenes will be picturized, if you want tight logical. If 5% chance will be in real, enjoy with the film scenes (only if picturised superbly like nayagan scenes).

Harbouril avvalavu kedupidiyaaga irukkumbOthu, Reddy, Koli, ivangalE kondu vara mudiyAtha sarakkai, Velu Naicker pOyi romba easyA (kuyili danceai parthukondE) kondu vandhu viduvArAm. Nalla kadhaiyA irukkE..!!
    enough told by nilavu

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    the harbour thing...saradhaa are u aware of the length of bombay sea-shore?its so lengthy....u cant place the policeman covering its ful length.velu nayakar could have gone to any end of shore and disposed the goods....
    En adhE bombay shore length reddy-kku kidayaadhaa?

But one thing, these scenes can be considered as some form of representation of the actual events that took place during varadharajar times in bombay. Yes these representations have flaws. But we can enjoy this as a good movie.

However, considering a tinkered-copy of Godfather as all time great thamizh movie is highly questionable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacaphonix
    the harbour thing...saradhaa are u aware of the length of bombay sea-shore?its so lengthy....u cant place the policeman covering its ful length.velu nayakar could have gone to any end of shore and disposed the goods....
    En adhE bombay shore length reddy-kku kidayaadhaa?

But one thing, these scenes can be considered as some form of representation of the actual events that took place during varadharajar times in bombay. Yes these representations have flaws. But we can enjoy this as a good movie.

However, considering a tinkered-copy of Godfather as all time great thamizh movie is highly questionable.
    do u know that the great "pather pathanchali"..,of sathya jit ray itself is an inspiration....?

but we have to accept that there are lots of better movies ithan nayagan in tamil which kamal himself had givennn

the greatness of nayagan...,lies in the excellence of ilayaraja,p.c.sriram and kamal haasan....and the film making of mani ratnam(certain scenes are made similar to god father)

it can be considered as the best inspiration on godfather done by many all over the world

Post Thanks / Like
    I highly appreciate all your efforts to justify the mistakes of Manirathnam in 'Naayagan', which were pointed out by mr_karthik.

If Manirathnam see this thread, definitely he will be happy to see that, he is having more advocates here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by saradhaa_sn
    I highly appreciate all your efforts to justify the mistakes of Manirathnam in 'Naayagan', which were pointed out by mr_karthik.

If Manirathnam see this thread, definitely he will be happy to see that, he is having more advocates here.
    im extremely happy that u dont have any points to refuse the points given by me in support of nayagan...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    it can be considered as the best inspiration on godfather done by many all over the world
    Watch Sarkar. Big -ve point for Sarkar is the BGM. If IR did the BGM, Sarkar would have beaten even GF.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    well my point is also the same. it is a very good movie but not an all-time great.

nope. It is more close to copy than a good inspiration. Thevar Magan is what should be considered as the best inspiration (at least in indian arena) of God father.

Post Thanks / Like
    well my point is also the same. it is a very good movie but not an all-time great.

nope. It is more close to copy than a good inspiration. Thevar Magan is what should be considered as the best inspiration (at least in indian arena) of God father.
    yeah...,i forgot devar magan......with shivaji,kamal,ir,pc sriram and barathan...great movie....it looked a bit original than nayagan.

actually devar magan has the exact storyline of gf1....but nayagan is a combination of gf1 and gf2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan

yeah...,i forgot devar magan......with shivaji,kamal,ir,pc sriram and barathan...great movie....it looked a bit original than nayagan.

actually devar magan has the exact storyline of gf1....but nayagan is a combination of gf1 and gf2.
    So, as per YOUR statements, both Nayagan and Devar Magan are copied ones, gently telling, 'inspiration'. (same like 'lamjam' illai 'anbalippu')

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast