Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: *Gujrathi/Rajsthani CUISINE*

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey rajsand...i had this gujarati colleague in office and his wife used to pack him some amazing khichdi...now I have never had this type of khichdi..it had some yellow dal and tomatoes in it also.
    I am not too sure if it is typical gujarati or her wife just was an excellent cook ....can you help me here with the recipe?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    hey rajsand...i had this gujarati colleague in office and his wife used to pack him some amazing khichdi...now I have never had this type of khichdi..it had some yellow dal and tomatoes in it also.
    I am not too sure if it is typical gujarati or her wife just was an excellent cook ....can you help me here with the recipe?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Too sweet!

I tried Gujju food, when I had been to Delhi. I found it too sweet! They poured sweet jaggery water into the rice, while I thought it was ghee! But I liked the dal.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Hello foodlover
    Khichdi's are of a variety. And I dont know of a khichdi with tomato. Please find out of it was the same and meanwhile I will send you a recipe of khichdi ..
    Bye

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we were in UAE, we too used to had this dal kitchidi (jeera, moong dal and maybe tomato or other spices) in a gujarati restaurant(Anand).

We used to visit there every Monday just for this kitchidi and their Baingan bartha..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi apujittu

You can make dhokla from besan flour .. But I do not like it.. it is too smooth for the texture ... I do not make that way..
    sorry I do not have the recipe either..

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Gujarati Dal

Thank you to Rajsand for the dal recipe. I tried it and it was very good - just the taste I was looking for. And DGunderia, thank you also for the kachumber recipe. I have yet to try it.

Ramanan

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Dal

Rajsand,

Thanks a lot for the dal recipe. I made it for my son's B'day party and it was a big hit.. Full of flavor but not too hot. My kids ate it too. This is definitely a keeper.

I don't know what Kharekh is and did not use it. Did not use Suran too as I did not have it.

- D

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once Sanjeev Kapoor used a kind of greens called 'Khatti Bhaaji' in a dish- "sindhi sai bhaaji'. The main ingredients were palak, khatti bhaaji, potatoes and chana dhal.
    Could someone tell me what is Khatti bhaji called in English and if possible give a breif description of the greens. (when shown on 'Khana khazana' the leaves were finely chopped so I could not make out what they were.)

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Rajsand,

Since you are from Gujarat (am i right?), hope you can clear my doubt-got this sweet recipe called sukhadi from one of my Gujarati friend long time back.

This is totally different from the traditional one like basic ingredients wheat flour, jaggery & ghee, they have added ricotta cheese, guntar. Whenever I add cheese, it is getting melted and the wheat flour mixture does not absorb it at all though stir it strongly.

Many south indian sweet recipes which contains ghee use to absorb if you stir the mixture strongly; but, here dont know why-becoz of cheese ?

Since she has moved out of the country, could not keep in touch with my friend.

Hope you or anyone from Gujarat can help me out!!

Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast