Thread: prawn urandai kozhumbu

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

prawn urandai kozhumbu

can someone pls tell me how to prepare era urandai kozhumbu?i once had it a friends place ,she had ground the raw prawns into paste with spices ,a bit like chettinadu prawn kozhumbu

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber solona's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shreya,

Here is the receipe for Prawn Uroundai Kuzambu for 4

250g of fresh prawns
    2 onions big or 4 small ones
    1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
    1 tomato (big) or 2 small
    coriander leaves
    3 green chillies
    1/2 tin coconut milk
    cloves (3 pods), bayleaves (2) and cinnamon sticks (2)

Heat oil and pout pattai, krambou, bay leavesinnamon), then put onions and fry, add some crushed ginger and garlic paste and then tomatos. fry until the oil seprated and colour of the paste changes add some Kourma powder (1teaspoon coriander, 1tsp fennel seeds, 1teasp cuminseeds, 1/2 teasp kuskus(kasakasa), 1/2 easpoon white pepper) when the powder gets well fried add coconut milk (1/2 tin ) and some (1/4 cup)water. I the mean time grind shelled prawns add some finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, green chillies and turmeric powder +salt and make balls. add these balls to the boiling kuzhambou add coriander leaves , simmer for 5 minutes and serve hot with rice

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi solona
    thanks for the recipe(its been a long time since i had been searching for it) i will try it out and let u know
    bye

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi solona
    i have a small doubt -will the prawn balls breakwhen u put them in the hot kozhumbu?

Senior Member Regular Hubber solona's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shreya23
    hi solona
    i have a small doubt -will the prawn balls breakwhen u put them in the hot kozhumbu?
    Hi Shreya,

The prawns when grind will be so sticky that they will stick togather but be careful, the onions you add to the prawns should be really goresly chopped or grind them too to be on the safer side. If you are still not sure just roll the balls you make on a bit of maida and then put them in the Kozhambhu.

The ingredients too you can alter in course as per your wish some people put more onions and tomatos in their Kozhambu

Cheers
    Shanthy (Solona)