Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Large-Hearted INDIAN-HERITAGE .....Exemplary for MANKIND

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, siddhars and Arunagirinathar are people who have reached highest level-- they have direct experience of Gods(skandar anuboothi).
    A mortal like me has a long way to go to reach a level to even make bad comments on saints like arunagirinathar and siddhars.
    for me,arunagairinathar's works are very holy and will be sung in temples , even though some people might consider it as filth just because of their kama content.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear idiappam

What do you thing is the essence of Andal and Abirami Bhattar. Then we can discuss what kama.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what and which Siddhars, Sir Pradheep and Sir Viggops are talking of.

But, I think you should give some verses here.

But Arunagirinathar did not talk well of illicit sex - you can see that in many of his Thirupugazhs. ''kariya kuzhal mathar thangal - adi suvadu....,' etc etc.

If you read his life story - you will understand why he condemns illicit sex. He was fooling around and regreted later.

There are no 'deeeeep' or hidden meanings in Thirupugazh. They go straight to the point!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pradheep
    Dear idiappam

What do you thing is the essence of Andal and Abirami Bhattar. Then we can discuss what kama.
    Devotion, I guess, as far as I have read!

Now, comes a new word 'essence'! Reminds me of some vanila and apple pudding flavours! To the kitchen now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam Sir
    Abhirami Bhattar and Andal had so much devotion to their Gods.
    Their "kama" is not the materialistic sex we see in movies.I think it is something beyond that.I do not know how to explain them to you.Perhaps you can explain that as you are well read! What i'm trying to say is that they are holy books to me.
    Kamasutra is a book about love making.I have not read it.I do not know the philosophical meaning of Kamasutra.Perhaps well read person like Pradheep can explain philosophical meaning to you.

I respect your opinion to consider "kama" content of ancient Indian literature as "filth".you are entitled to opinion.But i do not consider these things as filth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viggop
    Also, siddhars and Arunagirinathar are people who have reached highest level-- they have direct experience of Gods(skandar anuboothi).
    Having a direct experience of Gods - is NOT reaching the highest level, Sir Viggop!

Sometime, a layman with no knowledge, or no interest in God, attains the 'highest level' of spirituality!

YOu don't need to know God to reach the highest level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viggop
    I do not know the philosophical meaning of Kamasutra.Perhaps well read person like Pradheep can explain philosophical meaning to you.
    Can he give and 'straight to the point' explanation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Arunagirinathar's works are philosophical.I have read his life story and then he changed for better.But,the "kama" contect he wrote do have philosophical meaning.Or they can also be interpreted in philosophical way.I do remember reading this in Murugadas "Skanda Sashti kavacam" thread.

Also, jayadeva's ashtapathi is very very erotic,i think.But carnatic singers do sing it with full devotion.Bagavatham is full of Krishna "leelas".they might look erotic at the outset.but there are philosophical meanings to them.atleast,some scholars /religious people have given philosophical meanings.for e.g.
    Krishna and gopis are explained with jivatma is yearning for paramamtma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam Sir
    How does a layman reach highest level without knowing "God"? I do not understand that post.
    can you please explain? are there some people who have reached highest level without knowing God.I thought the highest level is "Moksham", rt? for that you atleast have to know that God exists?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can he give and 'straight to the point' explanation?
    Dear Idiappam,
    Sometimes when I point my specific house, among other houses from a cliff, I would say "That house on which a crow is sitting"....... And you are saying be staight to the point , which house it is.

Hope you like this example , instead of a food example, which stimulates appetite in you.

well if you can get what i say, i will also be to the point.

Sometime, a layman with no knowledge, or no interest in God, attains the 'highest level' of spirituality! YOu don't need to know God to reach the highest level.
    Can you explain highest level, spirituality and God in your understanding, please idiappam sir (your very name make my mouth watery).

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast