Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Large-Hearted INDIAN-HERITAGE .....Exemplary for MANKIND

Senior Member Senior Hubber goodsense's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I think of Large-Heartedness, I think of excellent role-models. By excellent role models I mean an entity of good balances, fairness determined by good judgment, accommodating(again with good judgment and worthwhileness) deserving etc. - all the positiveness it will bring forth in the interest of the common good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

examples

Quote Originally Posted by goodsense
    When I think of Large-Heartedness, I think of excellent role-models. By ecellent role models I mean an entity of good balances.
    an example? such as....
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have edited my post, was going to but saw your last post poped up so quickly. If you still want examples, I will have to come back later when I have more time. Let me think.

I know Bis-mala or something close, is the name given to any Muslim saint or Guru. Are you one by chance?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bis_mala

OK, so neither building the Mosque on the allegedly caused ruins of the Shiva Temple nor allegedly demolishing the Mosque are large-hearted Indian Heritage. exemplary for mankind. So we have to exclude these events as these events do not qualify to be called large-hearted or exemplary in any manner. You are supposed to look for those large- hearted, exemplary ones. SO DO NOT GO ON THE REVERSE. [/b]
    Babri was built on the site of the Ram Mandir, not Shiva Temple. I think you know that. I gave the stones from the Shiva Temple as an example. The Moghul's did not care which god the temple was for; all temples that belonged to the "kafirs" were destroyed. The stones from the formerly Hindu temple were then used to build mosques. Was the Babri Masjid built in this way? I do not know for sure, but there is a good chance.

Caste-system: hmmm.. not large-hearted exemplary I.H..
    What does the caste system matter? The rest of the world was practising slavery at the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS
    OK, so neither building .................... nor allegedly demolishing ........ exclude these events .......................................... REVERSE. [/b]
    Babri was built on the site of the Ram Mandir, not Shiva Temple. .................................................. ....................... good chance.
    Caste-system: ............I.H..
    What ..............................slavery at the time.
    OK, OK, so what do we have after eliminating these....for large-hearted exemplary I.H.?
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like

bis_mala

I know Bis-mala or something close, is the name given to any Muslim saint or Guru. Are you one by chance?
    Hahaha!. naan B.I. SIVAMALA, not bismillah.
    I shortened it to bis_mala!! enna Muslim pEr maathiri theriyuthaa? I am not a muslim. I am a Saivite tradition Hindu.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like
    SRS wrote "If Vedic Indians had been violent and stolen the gunpowder idea from the Chinese, they could have built big ships, sailed around the world, and killed off most of the natives with smallpox".

I think you missed an important part here - putting the natives on "reserve" to take their lands away. With the Guns and small pox, the natives are almost extinct.

No doubt the Europeans and Arabs being the most meat-eating people, had the greatest aptitude for aggression (which undermines reason and logic) while they want the world to think of them as being more intelligent and better able to take control - run things.

Post Thanks / Like
    This "vedic indian" thing needs to be clarified. I am confused. I understand vedic teachings, but I think people here take it to mean the promotion of caste. I take it as good character/deeds or the aspiration of good character/deeds. As we know not all Vedic Indians are of good character or better than non-vedic Indians or other race or creeds or people of other religion so to speak and that includes people like me. Many of us are aspirers with the hope that by the time we leave this world, we will be perfected (gained salvation) or close to it as we strive each day.

The term, "Vedic Indians" should not imply that such a group or class of people are better over others. Thus, not all Vedic Indians follow Vedas (a path to follow) to the extent as they should. Meanwhile there are people from other religions or people with no religion that fill those gaps. So its really hard to determine.........

Post Thanks / Like

good and bad

As we know not all Vedic Indians are of good character or better than non-vedic Indians or other race or creeds or people of other religion so to speak
    No race or class of persons have been of absolute goodness from the beginning of time nor is there any assurance that they will be so till the end of the world. What is good for one side or class may be bad for the other side. To give you an example, Raja Raja Chozan's sacking of Anuradhapura in Lanka is "Tamil bravery" for me but for my Sinhala friend, it is viewed as pure aggression. Another example: His invasion of Palembang, Indonesia is similarly a military feat for me but aggression for the Sumatrans. It all depends in which angle you are looking at it and from which platform. Similarly the World War II events between Americans and Japs. All these go to fit in with the "survival of the fittest theory".
    Since good and bad co-exist in and around us, rather than looking at it from the angle you are suggesting, we simply pick out the large-hearted exemplary secular Indian Heritage for this thread, and discuss.
    What would you say?
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like
    All men have a sense of right and wrong, but once that is overstepped, ways are being sought to rationalize or justify it (and no doubt some of these overstepping of the boundaries are justified). Survival of the fittest is no doubt one of them. But no equation from right or wrong to survival of the fittest can exist. From the examples you gave, something is needed in the middle. You can't disturb a society then claim 'survival of the fittest".

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast