Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On Themes of "BOSE"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On Themes of "BOSE"

not in recent times an ARR album made me immersed like this [ except for a few years when i was an ARR Fan ]
    Leaving alone the songs which are recycled and remixes of his old tunes apart from 'Zikr'. havent heard much of the songs may be iam wrong, but its the theme works that iam listening to again and again.
    I want to discuss upon the visualisations one gets listening to the theme musics.

The theme musics set for 'BOSE' is an perfect example of how a film music should be.

The BGM or theme music is one which should explain us the movie/ scene and enhance the visual imagery which we look at. BGM should be subtle not overpowering the visuals except we are keen at listening to it. For an ordinary observer it should move along with the visuals asthough he is never listening to it. he should be so immersed in it and the success lies when one doesnt know what made him to get such and such feeling while watching the movie.

Here ARR has succeeded in making me see the movie beforehand by giving excellent BGM scores. no need of visuals close your eyes you can see moving images.i bet on it.

Netaji theme1- explains bose in a contemplative mood, despair looking at India Enslaved for eternity, pondering into what could be done to change this. Is there any ray of hope to overcome this...

Netaji theme2 - here comes the ray of hope, moving along the tall grown paddy fields,towards the right direction. with the help of young Indians coming along to fight for their freedom netaji is possessed with bliss, that he will reach his 'manzil'

the U-Boat and WAR themes are in par with many hollywood compositions taking us amidst the warfront where all the action is going on

Afghanisthan 1 - This makes us go on a caravan ride along the deserts of Afghan while the sun starts rising and slowly getting the feel of scrotching sunlight and heat as the day passes,looking at the everlasting sea of sand, tiredness creeping in. then the night falls and after that tiring journey in the cold of night we get a lullaby to put us to sleep .

Afghanisthan 2 - Is again a travel but more enthusiastic knowing the journey will come to an end. never worry we are here soon...

Emily 1 - the entire score explains some deep rooted sorrow which starts off slowly and erupts with the orchestral and choral works and then it subsides into a subtler one. What has emily got to do with this???

Emily 2 - ARR's Brilliance at work again. This should be the portion of the movie where the love blooms between Bose and Emily. the music explains some intial doubt between the two, as if 'where to go from here' and then it turns into a gentle breeze embracing the lovers

Hitler - this compostion has got many layers to underrstand. The percussion part explains the war scenario with the army of hitler vehemently spreading violence all over the globe the layer superimposed upon this with violins expalins the sorrow of that war and the cry of victimized people. some more interpretation canbe derived as its the life of hitler - the man who was a mentally deranged one whose only goal was to prove his supremacy over the world and spreading his hatred towards others. having a complete army surrendered to experiment all his whims and fancies he has nothing to lose.

Please add on your interpretations of the themes. nothing to be technical jus pour in whatever you felt listening to them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vanthutaraya rajasaranam - ARR patti pesurathuku!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering - whether this is the Ghost of Rajasaranam!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok - I just read rajasaranam's message about peace between ARR and IR fans!! Yup - I am always in for peace!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajasaranam!!
    Emily is the wife of Netaji!! Here is the link to the life of this great patriot. No wonder the theme is so beautiful. ARR has said that he is also working on a symphony! That makes it two Indians (IR and ARR) who have the ability and command to compose a full scale symphony. It is heatening to note that two Thamizhans will leave an indelible mark in the field of music for a long time. I am proud of IR and ARR. I guess after BOSE from ARR and Thirvasagam by IR, other composers will not have the guts to say "My work is better than theirs".
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    jaiganes,

I know that . was just wondering what has the sorrowness which was pervalent in Emily theme -1 has got to do with her. may be ill understand it better on screen. After 'BOSE' its well established that ARR can do justice in composing a Symphony Though there were glimpses of him emerging as a symphony composer in 'Lagaan' and 'LOBS' , BOSE gets him right on the track. Hope he doesnt get back again to loops and softwares

Post Thanks / Like
    I am loking forward to the day when ARR and IR will collaborate on a project. It could be anything, a movie, album or a symphony. I am sure the effect will be electric. IR can rest assured that his notes will be best mixed by Rahman's crew.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajasaranam, pleasantly surprised to see ur review of Bose. Listen to Swades too, especially Yuhin chala and Rahman's yeh joh des hai tera - a more soulful rendition than "veLLai pookkaL". His "mujhpe toofan" in Tehzeeb is a classic that wasnt noticed since the movie was a flop. It was tuned to a 18-th century poet's ghazal lyrics.Havent listened to a tune like that in HFM in ages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Upon 10th listening to Bose in 5 days, I am now enjoying the parallel melody to National anthem which (is it a counter point?) sneaks through while the brass in high pitch is singing the national anthem. Sounds delightful. I guess shyam Benegal and ARR have put their heart and soul into this project. If it is a precursor to ARR's symphony , I am ready for it. Also this album is the perfect curtain raiser to the movie. BTW, when is the movie releasing? any ideas?
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mujphe toofan is awesome. Aapko mujhpe from the same film (Tehzeeb) is reworked "Azhagey Sugama" - P.Paravasan was soothing too despite its redundancy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast