View Poll Results: By EXPERIENCE You Feel... Life is a ...???

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boat- Travel in an Unknown Ocean

3 13.64%
  • Road-Travel..of Heavy Traffic to overtake

0 0%
  • Battlefield of Struggle for Survival..of the Fittest

5 22.73%
  • Playground to Compete facing the Challenge

2 9.09%
  • Tug of War : Constant opposition & Obstructions

0 0%
  • Unknown Fertile Forest with mixed Creatures

1 4.55%
  • Pleasant Free-Bird- Fly... of Self-Choice

8 36.36%
  • Educational Instituition

3 13.64%
  • Hospital

0 0%
  • Prison

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BURNT Fingers & LEARNT.. LIFE-SUCCESS !!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

BURNT Fingers & LEARNT.. LIFE-SUCCESS !!

"LIFE- EXPERIENCE... is a... "GOLDEN-COMB" ... presented by God to the Bald-Headed Man'...

... Says so... a Chinese Proverb.

Such a Rich Experience need not necessarily be CONFINED to the Old Bald-Headed ... ones but also some rare younger Persons too...

.. similar to me... whom God had shown .. both the EXTREMITIES of Life-Realities

Such was my past Life-Struggle ... which has shaped me..

.. as a GOLDEN COMB AT MY present BALD-HEADED Stage. of Last chapter in my Life.

But ULTIMATELY it has ensured an appreciable professional Track- record of...

... Royal-Life as a proven Result-oriented Executive...as well as a trusted Gentleman of clean character.

So.. I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO GOD.. despite I have BURNT my Fingers but LEARNT Life..

Am I boasting about my Greatness?...

No...but only a BRIEF INTRODUCTION of myself... a Foreward on the Present day Life... common to most....

...I being a small SAMPLE-FISH in a big Ocean

Similar to me.....there may be several Friends here... IRRESPECTIVE OF AGE.... who too might have...

... BURNT THEIR FINGERS...... and LEARNT LIFE.... gaining...

.... Rich-experience . and . GUIDING- LESSONS. for Future.

So Invite you all. Shall we Share and EXCHANGE our thoughts here... ?

Even others too... especially the Youth... are welcome to participate...

So all of you. please speak out. on your Experiences of CHALLENGES in Life... Family, Profession and the Society as well

...or Raise Questions on the present day Life.... on which we all will collectively discuss.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the.... BEST-MEANS ...Most PREFERABLE... the Topmost-Priority...

... out of all the NECESSITIES OF LIFE ...towards the Happiest and Successful Life?

Money / God-Faith / Principled Life / Status / Health & Might / Education- Knowledge / Luck / Any Other?
    Most INVALUABLE TREASURE is.. Time.
    Spend it MEANINGFULLY Spread effectively.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happiest and Successful life
    ==============================

Happiness for me comes from peace of mind and being contented with what I get.God-faith,pricipled life, and knowledge(in that order) also makes me happy.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happiness is a term or concept that describes very subjective, but emotional experience, not just by humans but by animals too.

However, in most instances, happiness for one comes at the cost of someone's misery. There is no absolute state that truly describes happiness, neither such state is universally attainable as it is convoluted with the feelings such as satisfaction, rapture, blessedness, bliss, tranquillity and a host of such personalised sentiments having subjective significance, when synthesised, only result in a chaos of emotions.

1) Satisfaction comes when one ceases to strive for something that one doesn't have

2) Rapture or joy comes when one succeeds in securing every tangible and/or intangible thing that one ever desired or wished for.

3) Blessedness comes when one gets the blessing from the one who can truly bless.

4) Bliss comes when one ceases to discern the difference between pain and joy, between suffering and happiness, between loss and gain, between wrong and right, between false and true and thus between countless other contrasting sentiments and situations. In essence, it is an attempt to attain a mental state that is completely impounded by a broad detachment from reality.

5) Tranquillity comes when there is peace, which rarely comes without shutting the entire operating system down.

None of the above, when combined, would satisfy the necessary and sufficient condition for universal happiness.

Thus, to me, a principled, moral life with ability to acquire and impart valid knowledge would form a necessary and sufficient condition that would lead to a much happier, self-actualising society and not to just individual happiness, which inherently carries propensities to contrast and conflict with that of others. And thus cannot be solicited as a universal need.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohit
    Thus, to me, a principled, moral life with ability to acquire and impart valid knowledge would form a necessary and sufficient condition that would lead to a much happier, self-actualising society and not to just individual happiness, which inherently carries propensities to contrast and conflict with that of others. And thus cannot be solicited as a universal need.
    Dear Rohit,

Most sensible posting I have read in a long time.
    Wonderful and yet simple explanation.

Nichiro
    Raam Raahave Namah:

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr. Rohit,

//... to me, a principled, moral life with ability to acquire and impart valid knowledge would form a necessary and sufficient condition that would lead to a much happier, self-actualising society and not to just individual happiness, which inherently carries propensities to contrast and conflict with that of others. //

//And thus cannot be solicited as a universal need//.

I am unable to radically catch your point.... especdially the last part...Will you please Clarify?

A.... LITTLE.... Drops of Water ... make a MIGHTY Ocean... Is it Not?

So every DROP counts... So is the Society in relation to an Individual.

By purity and such other Quality alongside the Content... each drop adds the same to the Ocean... irrespective of its degree and quantum.

So to say... if just one drop of Poisonous water is mixed

either in Tank-water ... or Cup of Milk or in Ocean..

... logically they get the names as Posonous -Tank, Poisonous Milk.. and Poisobous Ocean...

... may be to the least degree by proportion due to dilution... in Tank and Ocean...

... but it is a serious FACTOR ... in case of ONE CUP of Milk,... cumulates ... leading to further mix-ups in tank and ocean. in stages.

... So it counts in the long run... Am I Correct or Not ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichiro
    Dear Rohit,

Most sensible posting I have read in a long time.
    Wonderful and yet simple explanation.

Nichiro
    Thanks Nichiro for the compliments.

Though I haven’t said anything additional than what I have said before. I guess, this time I succeeded in presenting it in a more absorbable manner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    "And thus cannot be solicited as a universal need"

I am unable to radically catch your point.... especially the last part...Will you please Clarify?
    Dear Sudhaama,

Perhaps you are more keen on describing situations in a metaphorical sense than in a real sense, while I avoid doing that to reduce ambiguity and thus the chances of misinterpretations.

If your way of conceptualising happiness in life is through metaphors like, cup, degree, drops of water, ocean, milk, poison, tank etc. which you would not find in my posts and the above list of five subjective descriptions or categories, I would have no objection in adding such metaphorical descriptions as the sixth category.

However, the premise based on the subjective nature of such notions would not change the drawn conclusion, which you were radically unable to catch. The reason is as simple as it was before with the five categories. None of them, when combined and/or synthesised, would form the necessary and sufficient condition for universal happiness; and thus it (i.e. the synthesised combination) cannot be solicited as a universal need.

... So it counts in the long run... Am I Correct or Not?
    I am afraid, I don’t see society as a homogeneous mass of ocean. The varied nature and wide distribution of characteristic attributes contained within any society prevent me to call it ocean. To verify, please take a few diverse human samples from Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and America and compare their human conditions and the views they would take in matching up to the subjective nature and descriptions of happiness as categorised previously in five categories and now, if you wish, including your metaphorical one as the sixth category.

I hope I have clarified your query to your satisfaction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Rohit

I did Not compare Ocean with the Mass of Humanity...Rather I did not mean so..

But only the similarity of Relation between the Water- Drop and The Ocean.. .

... can be parallely adjudged with mutual-relation between one Single Man with the Humanity.

However... let us not go too far now on this point further... being PRE- EMPTIVE..

... towards the Broad- angle on Society... which will be the last chapter of our present consideration... taken up stage by stage.

Rather our present thinking is only about the INDIVIDUAL-HUMAN interests..

... His / Her Happiness and Success for his own sake .. for living and advancement...

... before taking up the next stage of oneself for his / her Family... and so on.

So which must be his Top-priority Option out of all the needy MEANS..in his own Interest.

Here... at all the places... unless specifially mentioned otherwise... we mean MAN..

...as the member of Mankind ... Rather a PERSON... irrespective of Gender...

... so to mean the Head of a Family... or any person leading or has taken charge of the Family's interests and commitments for their own sake...

... apart from the interests of the society at large.... a subsequent consideration..

We understand.. in general... that so far...our Friends have advocated in favour of...

... Principled- Life ... as the Top-Priority-need out of all the Life- necessities. .

I will reply as the last.... after hearing further from others too....

Post Thanks / Like
    Rather our present thinking is only about the INDIVIDUAL-HUMAN interests..
    Yes, of course, and I expressed just that, keeping in mind the broader developmental and progressive aspect of society, if you kindly care to notice.

"Thus, to me, a principled, moral life with ability to acquire and impart valid knowledge would form a necessary and sufficient condition that would lead to a much happier, self-actualising society and not to just individual happiness, which inherently carries propensities to contrast and conflict with that of others; and thus it (i.e. the synthesised combination) cannot be solicited as a universal need."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast