Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum, Oh, My Forum, Ah, Our forum

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It had been my sad conclusion that I cant see eye to eye with Shekar on any matter, & what a surprise, here he has said something fully consonant with my thoughts! The beauty of life is its habit of throwing in such surprises
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    It had been my sad conclusion that I cant see eye to eye with Shekar on any matter, & what a surprise, here he has said something fully consonant with my thoughts! The beauty of life is its habit of throwing in such surprises
    PP Mam,

Thanx for once!!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is I - The Catalytic Converter/Uncle SIV - back with a vengeance!

Nice to see people are responding to something I did not think people cared much about.

Iwas sent an email from moderator SBADRI99 - I read it tand replied to it. Then SBADRI, the moderator responded to my reply avoiding (at all costs) my suggestions and keeping away from answering my questions.
    My suggestion and question in brief (after this posting I will paste copies of the moderators statement, my reply, and his/her response - I hope my fellow hubbers will be able to understand my honesty and sincere concerns regarding the tight dictatorial clench with which the "moderators" and the "administrator" "peace-keep" over this forum through the mere means of me showing all of you our mail conversations. I am HIDING nothing!) - I suggested why not allow certain threads with POSSIBLY volatile topics to continue to see how it goes, instead of instantaneously pulling it because YOU feel there COULD be trouble afoot.
    You people are not fortune tellers - you do not know what can happen/how people will react to certain things. Something which you thought would be responded to negatively could indeed induce thought-provoking responses. You just never know. I say you should let certain posts/threads at least go on for a while until you see someone put up a post that is "UGLY".
    THEN PULL IT!

What do my fellow hubbers think?

The moderator kept saying the one thing he/she could say - Oh, we have seen many threads disintegrate into disgusting and ugly cyber-wars. And from this past experience we know how to spot certain things that could be bad for the forum.
    So? Are you saying that there is no room in here for free speech because YOU feel there COULD be cyber wars. Are you going to keep poele from discussing topics they wish to because you are scared to adress it? Are you soothsayer/fortunetellers - that you know what is going to happne. Or are you sooo experienced from just "moderating" over this forum that you know what people will say and how they react that you are in tune with everyone's psyche?
    STRANGER - I am with you. We are all tied up in straitjakets and cannot move in here.

What do my fellow hubbers think?
    I will be posting right now the statement of the moderator SBADRI99, my reply, and his/her reponse to my reply RIGHT NOW!

Catalytic Converter/Uncle SIV

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Unc Siv: You had asked elsewhere why is it that your posts are deleted.

Not all of them have been deleted, only those that are potentially provocative, like your latest post. It is based on the experience of Moderators and the Administrator of this Hub that certain posts are deleted before they start off a flame.

Your intentions may be nice and good, but the number of times such posts have lead to full-fledged "cyber-wars" in the past is the main reason why we are forced at times to remove some such posts, at our discretion.

Hope you understand that the Hub is a place where many people come to discuss ideas, and not all ideas allow themselves for a sane discussion. Some quickly degrade into vitriolic personal attacks, attacks on religion, ethnicities and a host of other such.

I hope I have satisfactorily answered your questions, and hope you will join us in keeping the Hub a clean, sane and healthy forum, minus all the negative emotions and tempers.

Post Thanks / Like
    (before you read this keep in mind É = question mark)
    Dear SBadri99
    I understand where the Hub teams set of moderators and Administrator are coming from. BUT, is the internet not a free form of communicationÉ
    I was also under the impression that this forum was not under a dictatorial control, and people were allowed to express their opinion in a free manner.
    I understand that certain topics can be volatile. But we all need that fire to keep us going. And a good argument, I find, can be healthy to an individual.
    Certain topics cannot and should not just be ignored, just because a handful of people feel it to be controversial. So what if it is controversialÉ Controversy is a good thing!
    We cannot just close our eyes to these topics and issues. Whether what I want to talk about may be contoversial or not I will always be respectful and try to be eloquent in my postings. I am not a crude man. I will discuss sanely - as you like to call it.
    I feel you guys should allow possibly controversial threads to at least go on for a little while to see how it goes. Instead of just pulling it because you feel something MAY come out of this. Wait and see if something indeed does - if it does, THEN pull it. Something which you thought would be responded to negatively, could indeed induce thought-provoking responses. You just never know.
    I say you should let certain posts or threads, at least, go on for a while until you see someone put up a post that is UGLY. THEN PULL IT.

On a whole different topic, Badri, are all the moderators and the administrator for this site from the same country or placeÉ And are you male or female (if you do not mind me asking)É

Just trying to be a good hubber
    Catalytic Converter
    Uncle Siv

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear CC: What you are saying is of course valid. We should keep the fire in us going, but what if it turns to a conflagration, fanned by winds of dissension?

This has happened repeatedly, and experience teaches you to spot trouble before it happens. Isn't that what risk management is all about? You discover the risk before it cascades into a problem, and manage the risk, so you don't have to manage a problem later. That is what the Mods do in this Forum.

The other thing too is it is not as though we are paid for being moderators. There is no vested interest either in taking off certain topics. It is purely done as a service.

Please do understand that the Mods have their own jobs and other work. Too many fires to fight tire us too. So, we would really appreciate if all hubbers behave in a reasonable and responsible way and help everyone maintain calm and peace.

After all, we are free to do so many things not just here in the Hub, but also in society. But there are laws governing our freedom so that what we think is our right does not impinge on the rights of others.

Post Thanks / Like
    The three previous posts are my conversations with the moderator SBadri99. Whathe/she said, then what I said, Then what he/she said again.
    If You guys do not see me again then I am banned by this NAZI regime.
    FIGHT FOR MY RE-INSTATEMENT fellow hubbers - FIGHT!!!
    Uncle SIV

Post Thanks / Like
    But they cannot just ban me as I have said nothing offensive, degrading, disgusting or "ugly". So if they do - that is absolutely unfair and unjust.
    Therefore i am not too worried about that really.
    Uncle Siv/Catalytic Converter

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Badri:

The other thing too is it is not as though we are paid for being moderators. There is no vested interest either in taking off certain topics. It is purely done as a service.

Please do understand that the Mods have their own jobs and other work. Too many fires to fight tire us too. So, we would really appreciate if all hubbers behave in a reasonable and responsible way and help everyone maintain calm and peace.

* Nobody wants to trouble here. They just want to tell how they feel about the "moderators' ruling". They are in fact troubled by the moderators, rather! We only wish the moderators understand our frustrations. How would you know if u dont hear from us anyway?

* Nobody is getting paid to post here either. Everybody's time is as precious as the moderators. The hubbers do not get paid for either.

* Have you ever been in a middle of a discussion and tried to post something and next hour it was deleted?

I guess not. Because u r a moderator hubber! I know how it will feel. I can understand the "consequence reaction" of that too. One more thing it will be difficult for those hubbers to defend their case. I wanted them to know at least few of us understood their feeling. That is all.

* Professors are evaluated by the Students. I dont see why not moderators by the hubbers? 8)

It seems Mr. Shekhar and Mrs. PP love this HUB. That is a very good news. Is n't it? You should in fact thank CC for these compliments

May God bless this forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that language like ''So better understand that and cooperate rather than creating troubles..'', from responsible moderators like u, is what puts one off from posting here. As moderators, even u all have to mind how u frame ur words.. [/
    by malligai

Have you ever been in a middle of a discussion and tried to post something and next hour it was deleted?

I guess not. Because u r a moderator hubber! I know how it will feel. I can understand the "consequence reaction" of that too. One more thing it will be difficult for those hubbers to defend their case. I wanted them to know at least few of us understood their feeling. That is all.

* Professors are evaluated by the Students. I dont see why not moderators by the hubbers?
    by stranger

Both of these quotes by Malligai and Stranger, respectively, brings into words what some hubbers are feeling. Malligai - what you said about the way that particular moderator spoke is what I call hitting the nail dead in the head. And Stranger, the way you feel when the moderators take your posts off - and you eagerly log on to see what others have said to your post and you find it DISAPPEARED - is very infuriating. I understand exactly what you are saying too.
    Uncle Siv

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast