Thread: Indian Education System

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Indian Education System

guys i have this topic which i want to discuss with all you guys.....
    which is very interesting,...and at some point of our life we all thought of it....may not have got the oppurtunity to express.
    The topic is about, THE EDUCATION SYSTEM...

--do u guys think the present education system in india is fine.

--do u think,...after all the education we go through....we are being able to what we allways wanted to.

--are we all studying all that we allways wanted to.

--dont u think what we always wanted to studying is different and what we end up studying is different.

--why cant one study only plants (or may be something else),....why do we have to study algebra and trignometry.

--do u think there can be a better system?!!

--if yes what shall it be?!![/color]
    Guys please air your views!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Education has to be all rounded Shreek!! Before you narrow down your options to what you really like in life, we need exposure to all the various fields there are! That's why we slog studying so many subjects at first! All of this is covered by the end of secondary school before you're let lose on the world, Pa!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i do agree with you nirosha to some extent,

but what i dont understand is....why some one has to study maths..when some one just wants to be a sculptor.

why cant he study only that and nothing else?!!

if you go through the usuall schooling...u r wasting most part of your childhood, i mean till till ur high school u r studying all that probably which you dont require.

u say that, its necessary to study all the subjects to gain overall knowledge and later one should narrow down to one subject.
    is that really a must.

cant one be an expert painter or potter with out going thru all that what we call education.

and what i dont like the most about this education system is.....the way we are educated....through the textbooks which are incomprehensive,.....

sad part is even abt nature which is all before us,...is taught through textbooks.

Cant we have a better education system than this!!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    --do u guys think the present education system in india is fine.
    YES

--do u think,...after all the education we go through....we are being able to what we allways wanted to.

YES, it gives an oppurtuinity whether one uses it depends on him

--are we all studying all that we allways wanted to.

NO. But unless you study a subject how will you know that you like it or not.

--dont u think what we always wanted to studying is different and what we end up studying is different.

NO, In school you are only laying the foundation. Its actually after school when you go to college that you can consentrate on your subject.

--why cant one study only plants (or may be something else),....why do we have to study algebra and trignometry.

Who will decide if a 5 year old wants to study plants or maths

--do u think there can be a better system?!!

Our system is good enough.

Having said this I am not saying everything is fine with our system. There are a lot of problems in the implementation. But then that is inherent to any system. Improvement is required but not a complete overhaul.

Enormous change is required in our higher education system. Today our universities act as a source of education only and not as centers for research. This is mainly because Phd and other post graduate research has become a kind of business.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shreek - Why can't you be expert painter or potter???? Yes you could!! It's called vocational training and its done in technical schools and community colleges.

I'm sure if you have such schools here in M'sia, you would definitely have them in India. But to say, apart from merely working with one's hands and not strive for any kind of academic exposure is self-defeating, Pa!!

Basic education quite simply teaches us the rudiments of education and all the subjects we do. Subjects like Maths, Languages, History and Geography are inherent in whatever the job requires us to do!!

Eg; the potter could easily learn by show of hands alone by his tutor on how to learn to be one. But the guy who wants to be a better potter would indeed need his wits abt him like marketing strategies and the needs of the masses, if he was educated to some extent to read and analyse - this is where his exposure to the books come in!!

When you are still a child/student in school, quite simply you do not know what the future holds but need to be prepared, therefore one needs to hit the books!!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your valuable views guys!!.........

i do agree with all that you've written.

actually i had this in mind since long long time.......i just thought i'll put that before you!....

when i was doing my schooling,....i always used to have this feeling that im not studying what my interest really rests in. yes! ofcoure, even i dint had much idea or i was't sure what interests me the most. may be i was making up my mind at that time.

so!....for that reason most of the time i couldn't concentrate on my studies.

becoz i used to think tht its not for me.....the usual studies.....i dint found the process any way creative,....creatively involving!

i always dreamt of a school which gives more than the textbook knowledge. which makes you involve, experience, experiment make mistakes and learn through your mistakes.

tht way i believe would have had a better understading towards life.....the value of life!....the value of other living beings....the value of nature!!!...the imortance of the society!!!....so on and so forth.

i think if the system of education/teaching had been more creative, i would have acquired more knowledge. i lost that chance,....thats the reason why i think there should be a better system.

so that no one loses it. i believe its the most valuable period of one's life!!

Post Thanks / Like
    sandeep says!

Today our universities act as a source of education only and not as centers for research. This is mainly because Phd and other post graduate research has become a kind of business.

thats very true!...thats very right sandeep!!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Razole, Razole taluqa, East Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India
    Post Thanks / Like
    Middle class people mainly study for money, not for developing knowledge. So there are many educated and cultureless people in India.
    If we have done nothing wrong, we need not fear about criticisms of any one.
    Praveen Kumar Mandangi
    http://geocities.com/praveenmandangi...enmandangi.jpg