Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Maintenance

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I had a mobike, I used to maintain it my self ever so thoroughly. I could strip and assemble the whole bike. It was a hobby. I enjoyed it.
    But with my car, I have neither paitence nor time. I simply take it to the service station second saturday of every month (which is a holiday for us, but not for the dealer). And my car is in immaculate condition.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow Shekhar that's impressive
    here the craze among the youth is to personalize their cars...cutomized colour, fashionable interior, rims, huge exhust pipes, big tires, low riders, personalized license plates, vanity lights, stereo, tinted windows,

though i can't really blame the ppl...after i would do so too if i had the money to burn...just some rims and wicked azul...and then some 8)

there are actually rules against having all tinted windows in Malaysia (?) but not for the reduction of visibility from all the numerous stickers stuck on the windows?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thiru & others

As far as I know, Oil and Oil filters needs to be changed every 1000 miles. Air filer may be changed every year.

Spark plugs need to be changed quite often as well.

I don't know if you all are aware, there is liquid you put in the petrol tank just before you put in petrol, this cleans the fuel injectors which gives a better and smooth performance as well as improving your fuel consumption

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend checking the condition of the chassis (underside of body) every now & then...esp. during monsoons.....this is the part that is very prone to rusting and in case of extreme corrosion, can be difficult to repair. It can determine the bodily strength of the whole car.

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    personalized license plates
    Unftly not possible to obtain in India!
    U've got to hav a 'normal' regn. as per the State u belong to, in the alphabet bit (eg. AP 10A, KA 25M etc.....).....moreover there's a more recent rule tat says u hav to shell out as much as Rs. 5000 (atleast in AP) if u want to hav a 'lucky' no. in ur regn., as opposed to the normal fees of 2000!
    And I really HATE the law abt having to change ur regn. no. whenever u move to another state! Its as if ur moving to another country itself!
    Incidentally, I was told tat in the UK ppl. can hav personalised regn. plates disguised to look like 'normal' ones.....eg. HER 356....
    Its also legal to buy 2nd hand regn. nos. separately w/out buying the car they belonged to......this is usually common among vintage/classic car owners who want age-related plates to go w/ their cars if they r imported from other countries.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no intention of digressing in this thread. But just found this news and was not sure where to post it. Hence I am doing it here.

The news in brief is Women are not permitted to drive in Saudi Arabia. A proposal to amend the bill is tabled in parliament and rejected.

Source - http://aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=8250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12