Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Tales of the Unexpected, anyone?

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...an honest mistake that I would have made too!!
    Demand a broader view - BBC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    one more...this is the scariest experience i ever had. Boy, am I relieved it was such a narrow escape!!!!!!

on my first visit to US, we came as a little group and checked into the hotel sunday night. Slept and reported to office the next morning and felt very normal. Since we were supposed to have jetlag, they let us off from office very early at 3 pm. I experienced nothing of that kind and we spent the whole evening playing tennis.

I and my manager were supposed to have the first meeting with the client Tuesday morn at 8am. I went to bed normally but was unaware that the dreadful jet lag was slowly setting in.

That night I had a dream I was writing my 12 std exam and it was the eve of the exam and I had studied nothing more than 4 or 5 pages out of the 400 page textbook the entire year!! There was tremendous slogging in the dream itself and suddenly hearing some persistent ringing noise(the phone), I woke up with a start the next morn. I was actually sweating when I woke up and when I found it was all a dream, I allowed myself a big sigh of relief!

Just then I looked at the clock and it was 7:45!!! I jumped out of bed with a shriek, changed into formals, arranged my hair with my hands and rushed out. Thankfully this isnt india so its not dusty, and its so unpolluted in early august, so you dont look all that bad even if you run to office straight out of bed.

I raced to the reception where the driver was just starting the shuttle to my company and wonder of wonders reached my office at 805, the american guy had not yet joined us! My indian manager said he had called me thrice from office and i casually told him what had happened, with the triumphant smile that the american hadnt turned up yet, the shocked look on my manager's face was unforgettable

What a good thing the driver was just starting the shuttle, else I would have done a mad run on the freeway and got arrested by the cops!

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moving to "Stories" section..

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What??? Still no new developments to add on to the rest of our handiwork???? Tut. tut!!
    Demand a broader view - BBC

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243