Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of the Unexpected, anyone?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon,I am getting interested in this too![Let me cook up some story and come back tomorrow]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kitchan was privy to a lot of things that was going on at the bungalow. He knew how frequently the Dhurai uses the spiral-staircase that leads out from the balcony, next to the master bedroom directly into the back of the servants quarters!! How often in the nights, he had personally seen the Dhurai visit his mistress, the beautiful Pavay who by day is the house maid and by night held the key to the master's heart and lust ......

It was this open secret, that soon Bronwyn had become privy to a few months after her arrival. There were countless arguments between man and wife over Pavay, until in despair she began to down more than a thimble of scotch whiskey to drown her sorrow in having to share her husband's affections with the dusky beauty, Pavay!

One night, after yet another fight with Bronwyn, Jock cranked up his old car and left in a huff to town to cool off. Bronwyn in the meantime, began to nurse yet again, her wounded pride with her thimbles. But this time, instead of being subdued into a stupour, she stumbled towards the safe in the master bedroom where Jock kept his hand-gun!! Too upset and beyond caring, Bronwyn unsteadily wrote a note to Jock, sat in his big leather chair in the adjoining writing room, held the gun to her head, and pulled the trigger!!!!

It was Kitchan who heard the shot like a cannon blast which shook the house! It was he who found the Maam, lying there in the Dhurai's chair with her glazed beautiful blue eyes, staring at him, gun in hand and the blood that was oozing like an open tap, dripping from her head to her snowy white nightdress and finally to the floor..........

Coming back to the present with a start, Kitchan told the youngsters that it was young Bronwyn who still roamed through the walls of that big, spacious bungalow which now lay in ruins. Following the tragedy, none could live in that house in peace. Many had sighted her, thimble in hand, gun in the other as she glided from room to room in her snowy white night-dress..........

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This story too happened in the same government bungalow that we were living long time ago. One evening when I was doing my homework - my mother called and told me to rock my little brother to sleep as it was past his bedtime. He too was very irritable and wanting to be rocked in his cradle. Mother was busy preparing something extra for dinner. Being the eldest I took the responsibility of helping my mother to look after my other little siblings - there were 7 of us in the family including my parents!

I was about 10 yrs old then and I was rocking my little baby brother in his cradle to sleep. It was between 7.30 –8.00pm. I was singing all the nursery rhymes that I knew. Instead of sleeping he was looking up at me smiling and listening to his chechi’s off tune rhymes! I remember telling him to sleep quickly so that I could continue doing my homework – he would chuckle away the more I talk!

As he was sucking his thumb slowly and dozing off – and me singing away - I saw this lady in a blue sari and a brown blouse (what a combination!) with her long hair almost touching her bumps walking from the hallway towards the wash basin in the dining room. I am seeing her from the side of my left eye and she resembled my mother. She turned into my room and walked towards the attached bathroom door and stood there. I thought she was indeed my mother and asked her (not looking at her but concentrating on my little brother) whether she has finished her cooking and could now look after my brother, as I wanted to finish my homework. I also asked her why she was wearing a blue sari with an unsuitable coloured blouse. While enquiring this I was at the same time covering my brother (who is asleep now) with his blanket The “person” was still standing in front of me but she did not respond at all. This time I looked up thinking why my mother was so silent – Oh! my God this “thing” just disappeared (before I could get a proper look) into the thin air right under my nose! A chill ran down my spine and I almost stopped breathing!

I ran quickly to the window where this washbasin was ( just a few steps forward only) and I could see the kitchen down stairs – my mother was beating up some eggs and she was in a tiny floral red sari with a matching blouse! I quickly ran back to my brother’s cradle, carried the sleeping baby and joined my mother in the kitchen telling her everything that had happened. Of course my mother quickly told me it just could be my imagination and not to tell and frighten the other children.

My brother became sick after this incident and my parents had a rough time taking him to the hospital and even to see the priest in the temple. I used to feel very guilty and blamed myself for leaving him alone in the cradle for a few seconds to look for my mother - whenever I see him very sick, crying and feeling restless. But I always consoled myself that I had the presence of mind to take him along with me b4 heading towards the kitchen instead of leaving him alone in his cradle in that haunted room. He recovered quickly with the grace of God. My mother made sure that he is never left alone in the evenings but with one of us (my father or myself) when she is busy. In the mornings we had a maid to help my mother with the household chores - so she spends her time tending to his needs.

After this incident my parents then decided to have a pooja in the house – the priest chanted some mantras and sprinkled some holy water everywhere - in and around the house – but do you think it had any effect or stopped the emergence of these restless spirits?

SONU GOPI

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow Sonu Gopi! you have got some really good experiences with the supernatural...thanks alot for taking the time to share them! Did you ever find the story/reason behind any of these hauntings?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    wow Sonu Gopi! you have got some really good experiences with the supernatural...thanks alot for taking the time to share them! Did you ever find the story/reason behind any of these hauntings?
    Your welcome! but I will come to that soon.... however, many have died in that area during the Japanese Occupation esp. where this bungalow was constructed. It was not visible to my mother but my father too has seen some "figures". But being a man he was quite calm about it but me....this experiences have only left me such a "scardy cat" till today.

I am not even able to sleep alone in any rooms at night! I always feel "something" is watching over me! Perhaps this fear could be my imaginations due to past experiences but I certainly do not want to take a chance and go thru' another "disturbance"!!

SONU GOPI

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know one uncle who liked to go partying out late and was always scolded by his mother to come early and not wait to catch the bus at an ungodly hour at a virtually deserted place...of course being the son he was he paid no heed to his mother's advice...until one night....

just like other fun nights as before he had downed a couple and thought happily that he would sleep it off on the busride home...tipsy and stumbling he fell upon the bus bench....there sat another man....'You must excuse me for my uncouth behaviour, for you see im a bit inebriated" or so he thought instead all he could manage was "saaaaarreeee saaar!"
    The other man made no reply whatsoever, uncle-ji also noticed that this man was not only the silent type but had a very odd look...quite glaring and penetrating...one that sent chills up his spine....
    well uncle started to get a bit antsy and thought it best not to stare back at the man and cursed silently at the busdriver and his tardiness, still uncle felt the man staring at him...so he started to look around to focus on anything but you know who...
    he saw the starry sky, moving his eyes down he followed the path of the dusty road, he never had noticed how very misty it was before....uncle felt a bit relaxed until he saw in the corner of his eye the man still staring and seeming to have come a bit closer as well, uncle at this time was really edgy..so he decided to focus on things that didn't need him to actually turn his head around too much....he focussed on his watch, his torn cuff, his curry-stained pants, his two feet sticking out in his shrunken worn sandals...his two feet...only his two feet were present on the ground...he shifted his focus slightly to his left...he saw that the man who was still staring at him had no feet, he was not even properly seated on the bench he was just floating....

what happened to uncle? Well he sobered up, screamed and took off...later found delirious by a friend of his and taken home...and from that day on you can bet dear old uncle did not stay out too late...

howz that? My first attempt, even if highly mediocre at telling an experience i heard from the his very own daughter's friend's sister's cousin's postman's next door neighbour :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    had fun going thru the posts. really surprised most of the postors are girls!!
    You should all join the police

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rani and her family ran out into the streets to watch the new sight and sound of activity at their neighbours'. The usual sleepy-hollow which was their neighbourhood had come alive at the sound of the loud and grating noise of the chain-saw as it garotted their neighbour's humongous banyan tree. Most of the neighbours were not happy that the tall and shady tree had to go, but since the tree was not in their compound, they merely muttered their disapproval under their breaths and did nothing.

For Rani and her children, it was indeed a loss as the tree had offered so much shade and cooled their zinc roof in the hot afternoons. But like the rest of the neighbours, Rani too fell silent and waited to watch the last of the felling of the mighty Banyan to the wide, flat, stump that was left. After that, sadly, she too went into her home to brace themselves for the ensuing heat that would now envelope their little, ramshackle house.

That night, which was the only time of relief, from the unrelenting heat of the day, Rani prepared the children for bed before turning in herself. It must have been about 11 pm, when she heard the pitter-patter of what sounded like pebbles falling on the roof. Then there was silence! After about 1/2 an hour, she and the kids heard the sound of someone walking on the zinc roof. Fearing that it might be intruders, Rani ran outside to find out. But, all she saw was a large, gibbon like creature balancing itself on her roof-zinc sheet!! Thinking that it might have been somebody's escaped pet, she shooed it away before going into her house again.

Hours passed, while the family slept, before the next disturbance. This time, through sleep groggy eyes, Rani saw the back-door, opening wide and a small figure coming in! It was no taller than her 3 year old. In the dimness of the kerosene lamp, which was their night light, Rani could clearly see what the intruder looked like!

Standing ramrod straight before her, it had dread-locked hair from top to feet. Arms, legs, torso, it was just knotted, shaggy hair all over! And what shocked Rani was the face! There was none to speak of!!!! It stood before her, breathing hard, but was totally faceless! Just more dread-locks where a face should have been!!!!!!!!

To be continued .....

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Tales of the Unexpected, anyone?

Surya, yours is one hell of a story!!
    Enjoyed it pal!
    the true way to be humble is not to stoop till you are smaller than yourself, but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatness is- Phillips Brooks

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cindy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This happened when I was doing my higher secondary school. I had a habit of playing some melodies of Yesudas in the night and they lull me to sleep that I even forget to switch off the tapes...and to be scolded by mom in the morning. Some days she would switch it off in the night itself. One day I was very tired after my chemistry practical examinations and preparing the records for the next day's botany tests... as usual i went to sleep playing my favourite cassette... and the A side was over ... though i felt like getting up and change the side...felt very tired... it is then i felt a sari edge moved near the shelf where the tape was placed... thinking that it is my mom, i asked her to play the other side and that i will switch it off when it is over... I saw the foot and the sari ends in the dim light in my room..it turned towards me...dint answer ..but was still for a moment and then moved to the next room... Thinking that my mom is angry as usual ... and was giving me an angry look...dint even look up..closed my eyes and when turned i saw her sleeping next to me... quite surprised i asked her when did she come from next room ...she said she was sleeping with me for quite sometime as it was too cold in the other room...she had wheezing trouble...

was shocked and started sweating off.... i told her that i saw an image near the shelf... i said i saw the feet and the sari ends...but did not look up... she said all was my imagination.. asked me to pray and sleep. but couldnt for the next several hours...anyway...

In the morning as i was explaining the story to my cousins and brother, pointing to the tape...was shocked again... the tape wasnt there...not only the tape with my favorite cassette in it... some wrist watches kept near them.... the image was of none other than a thief who just stolen away our tape recorder and watches..it was not the sari ends but the lungi that he was wearing.... we got the tape back later from the police.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast