Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of the Unexpected, anyone?

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kitchan, was an old timer in our estate who looked ancient. Nobody actually knows his real age as in those days they didn't record their births by law. Anyway, I heard he was a young lad when he stepped out of the steamer that brought him from his native Namakkal, Tamil Nadu.

Never a day passes, when one sees him with a bunch of youngsters, regaling them of tales from the bygone days. As they sit in silent fascination, Kitchan takes off to the old days when things were really happening unlike the sleepy, peaceful days of the present era, when nothing exciting ever takes place! Looking into the distance, he started his favourite tale, the one abt the old Manager's bungalow that now lays in ruins. But in the old days .......

To be continued ........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well mine's real quick..dont have the skill to write it as a story like the rest of you....just my appa when working on a railroad in KL across the jail...was working real late and all his friends told him not to freak out if he felt a presence...he remembers turning his head after feeling cold rush and smelt strong cigar smoke...and saw smoke float by and froze...then it passed....

a friend from vietnam use to tell me that when walking by graveyards in vietnam to carry candy so when they grab your ankles you drop the candy or they wont let go and pull you under...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Nibong Tibal where my auntie Rani use to live with her friend...and they had this haunted bathroom...supposedly where this girl was brutally killed...well everytime at about 1 to 3 am you would hear the door slamming, lights going off, screams, creaks the whole shebang..luckily they didnt hear from where they slept....but one night her friend just had to go....what to do held hands and went in and shut eyes and prayers speedily muttered waited it out and then of course ran like hell back to bedroom....

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ooooh I like this thread!! Ok this is my rather spooky experience.

I was working in Oxford at that time and as I was doing a grduate job my salary was not that great. All I could afford was a room in a shared student house. Oxford has one of those magnificent large town houses which were purpose built for students. They've been there for centuries. The house I stayed was a huge town house with 3 floors including a ground floor with 24 rooms, 2 large kitchens and 2 dining rooms. I stayed in room no 14 on the 2nd floor. There were eight more rooms on the top floor. A girl called jane lived right above my room. Both our rooms had huge windows looking towards the front garden. She was quite reserved and the guys in the flats called her a wierdo, as she never spoke with anyone, she was working in one of the bars in town. I dont get to see her much as she works in the evening and when i'm come home she goes to work. After about six months of my stay it was my first summer in oxford. one night I heard someone crying, I knew it came from upstairs as I could hear it louder when I went closer to my window. It was about 2.00 AM and I thought the freak upstairs must have had a bad day at work. I heard it the next day too, I was not too worried, sometimes I was in such deep sleep it didnt even bother me. I started to hear this loud crying quite very often. One day when I was having my breakfast I was chatting with another house mate of mine susan, I told her about jane crying all night and how it annoys me. But susan looked at me very strangely and said 'Dont you know that jane moved out couple of months ago?' I was so shocked!! gulping my cereals I ask like a timid chicken, 'Who lives upstairs then?' she said 'Its been empty since jane left!!' ...that was it, I could never sleep alone in that room again. I was even scared to goto the toilet in the middle of the night and would wait until there was light. I still heard the crying though, I once even asked susan to stay in my room and she heard it too.......Then the landlord found a new housemate who moved in the room....The cryings have stopped since then. Niether Me nor susan did mention anything to the new house mate its been our little secret.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh! Nirosha - this is FUN!!!!
    I hv a few to share with all of you ....will write when I've finished reading my e-mails.......hectic after D'vali! Ore Thale vali!

Post Thanks / Like
    Continuing from Kitchan's Tales :
    The old manager's bungalow lies in ruins now with its tall trees, casting dark, sinister shadows on it. But in the old days, when the old manager was still living there, it was Kitchan who was privy to that scene which still lives in his memory!

Having lived his life in relative bachelorhood, although he was not short of female company, the manager Jock Ewing, brought home his new bride from Inverness, Scotland one fine day. The young, blonde and beautiful Bronwyn, initially took to her new life with enthusiasm. But with the passing months, she soon found life unappealing and lonely. But the one reason that made her utterly miserable and ashamed, was Jock's secret itself!

At this juncture, Kitchan cleared his throat and sat there with a faraway look as he reminisced abt the old days, including the young and pretty Maam, for whom he served as house-boy and regularly served her, thimbles of scotch whiskey.........

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are giving me goosebumps! Now I'm Scared!
    Tata for now.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My story happened a long time ago – I was about 9 yrs old then when we used to live in an old government bungalow. During school break my 5 senior cousins ( 2 boys & 3 girls) came to our place for holidays after their Senior Cambridge examinations There are 3 rooms in this house – each one big enough to accommodate 3 double beds, 3 cupboards, side tables, racks etc.

I was sleeping with my sister on one bed. My three cousin sisters were on another, which was between my bed and the one my auntie and my mom were sharing. My dad, uncle and cousin brothers were using the other 2 rooms. The bed room door is left open and it is adjacent to the dining room. You can see the wash basin from one of the beds in this room esp. from mine. I suddenly got up in the middle of the night ‘cos of mosquito bites. Decided to pull my blanket, which was placed, at the end of the bed. As I opened my eyes and pulled the blanket up, I saw this lady in a black and pink flowered wardrobe washing her hands (wash basin) and using the towel which was hanging on the wooden rack. She was adjusting her attire and then went back to wash her hands again. I kept looking at her thru’ my half opened eyes ( too scared to fully open my eyes). She looked pretty, fair but I have never seen her anywhere around our area before. But what was she doing in my house at this hour – probably past 2.30 am!

I was trembling so I slowly pinched my sister who was fast asleep and snoring away! She turned further away from me and continued sleeping At the same time I noticed my cousins were missing from their beds too. I also heard some whispering from my mom’s bed. So I called for my mom slowly saying I was scared. She told me softly to run quickly to her bed. This figure was still at the wash basin washing her hands and continued wiping her hand. I counted one, two and three – jumped out of the bed and snuggled close to my mother. Wow! my three cousins were on the bed too!! – altogether there were 6 of us in one bed now – all curled up. They asked why I have joined them – I narrated to them what I saw. They then told me that was the same reason why they are also in the bed too! One after another they had too had crept into the bed slowly.

The description and the lady’s clothing matched as what I saw! We were all wide-awake waiting for daybreak. There was a cupboard with mirror in front of this bed facing the door – but the figure of the woman could not be seen in it. My cousins said that the figure was still near the wash basin but she is not visible in the mirror – they had check this out as each of us took turns to join my mom’s bed. Immediately the next day my uncle, aunt and my cousins left for their hometown – saying our house was haunted!

NOTE: This house I was told was built during the Japanese Occupation - its still there almost 60yrs now! Anyone would like to visit this house? I can take you there!

SONU GOPI

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, that indeed was a good story! So many saw her!! But how did your family fare, after that? Did you continue to sight her???

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosha sen
    Boy, that indeed was a good story! So many saw her!! But how did your family fare, after that? Did you continue to sight her???
    Not her but other experiences too!

Sonu Gopi

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast