Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tales of the Unexpected, anyone?

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tales of the Unexpected, anyone?

Hi Buddies, Yup ! I decided to start this thread after a popular radio programme here in Malaysia. Listeners get to phone in either their personal experiences or from others. Whatever it is, I'm sure each of us have had our fair share of exposure to Tales of the Spooky Kind!!!!

So without much ado, stopover and unload your very own "Tales from the Beyond.............."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay folks, this one is from my great-grandmother whom I knew till the age of 12 when she passed away. One of her favourite pass-time was telling us stories of her early days in Malaya. She was our forebear, from my maternal side, and in those days living conditions were harsh. Great-gran would tell us everything including the spooky kind .....

Great-gran lived in what is commonly called the "lines" where thatch-roofed wooden houses were all built in a row for new immigrants, who came to then Malaya. They all had to troop down to a common stand pipe-tap to collect their daily water and to wash. For women, they had to wait till nightfall to get to the stand, so as to bathe away from prying eyes.

One night, while great-gran made her way to the stand-pipe for her daily ablution, her neighbour a Muslim man who had been sitting outside his quarters resting, saw that she was not alone but was followed by a strange sillouette as well! He didn't say much but decided to observe great-gran for a few days.

Every night, great-gran would arrive at the stand-pipe, fill her bucket with water and raise it overhead to wash herself. And every time she did that, a voice would say from behind her, "Ennakum konjum voothe"! (Pour me some water, too)! Though great-gran was scared speechless, she continued washing herself this way, and pretended not to hear the voice.

After a few nights of observing the entity behind Great-gran, the Muslim neighbour decided to speak with her. He told her what he had been seeing all along and she admitted that there was something and told him abt the voice. Immediately, being a Sufi, he got down to work and decided to arrest the problem, with his craft as an occultist.

The man prayed and conjured the entity that had been following great-gran all along, and caught it in a bottle and buried it in the ground. After that she lived her life in relative peace, till the next disturbance!! But that's another story .....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a horror story, if not ghost.

Here's a horror story, it has no ghost. But its a about a psyco . Tell me how you like it.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on my way to school on day last year and I was getting late.

"Rob, hurry up! We're getting late for school." I heard my cousin yelling. He goes to the same as I do, and lives next door.

"Alright! Wait outside in the car, I'll be out in a minuet." I said as I packed my backpack for school. When I was heading out I saw my mother's rose plant, and was horrified. It was deformed. The stems were broken off, the once colorful rose plant was only a memory. Who could have done such a horrid gory crime? AHHHH! I can't look at it! It's.

"What the hell are you just standing there for man! Come on! Get inside the stinking car." My cousin yelled. I got in and we rode off to school. The whole day the horrific scene just kept coming back to me. But the worst part was yet to come. My cousin and I went home after school and when went inside the house there was pin drop silence, then my father broke the silence.

"Don't worry, we'll get a new rose plant." He said to my mother who was covering her face.

"But nothing is going to be as nice as bushy." It sounded like my mom. I walked up to her.

"Are you OK ma?" I asked.

"Well look whose home? If it ain't little Rob." I heard a voice that had terrified me ever since I can remember. I slowly turned around to see if it was whom I thought it was.

"AHHHH!" I yelled. It was my older brother, he went off to college, and now he was back! I ran and took cover.

"Robert, we have to talk to you." My mother said.

"About what?" I asked.

"The Rose plant, and who killed it. We think it's you." She said, "Because you're the only one always playing around the garden." I couldn't believe it! They were accusing me of this unthinkable, ruthless, crime! "In result, you have to get another one plant it." she said. I wasn't going to do this! It's not punishment that bothered me but taking blame for something I didn't do. It's bad enough that I take blame for things that I do, but taking blame for things that I didn't do. No way! Not happening!

2 days later. "That rose plant will be $3.99." Said the cashier on the other side of the counter. This is so unfair! Someone else does something wrong and I get blamed for it! I'm getting to the bottom of this.

That night, after planting the new plant. I was hiding in a bush next to a tree, I was about three feet away from the plant. The culprit has to show up sooner or later.

Three minutes later, I heard the door open, I looked at my watch, it read, 11:50pm. A body emerged from the darkness, I still couldn't see who it was. Then the person pulled some sort of striking weapon, possibly an axe or something, and suddenly struck hard on the brand new rose plant! Again! Then again! Who was this? Was this my brother, my cousin? Or my mother herself? It was time to find out. I pulled out a flashlight, switched it on and turned it to the person's face.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I yelled so loud everybody ran out and switched the garden light on. It was my.Father!?

"Gasp! Oh my god." My mother yelled and fainted, a few seconds later so did I. When I woke up I saw my mother sitting on the couch almost about to cry with my father standing. My brother asked,

"Dad, why would you do this?" My mother looked at him expecting an answer.

"No Joe, you won't understand." He said.

"Maybe we will dad tell us now." My brother replied. My father was hesitant.

"TELL US NOW!" we all yelled.

"Alright! Alright. Do you have any idea how it is being a father, putting bread on everybody's plate? Finally when the weekend come every man is very happy. He can watch TV all day, and have chips and fruit punch. But that is the day I have to deal with the stinking rose. Pruning, watering, fertilizing, it keeps piling up! Every time I think that that is the last Sunday I'm going to spend with roses, your mother asks me to move the old one to the back yard and plant a new one, and the whole circle starts all over again! Dealing with the same old roses over and over and over again!" He yelled as he fell to his knees. We were stunned. WE didn't know what to do. My brother took Dad into another room. My mother started sobbing. I walked up to her and said,

"Don't worry ma, we just get another rose plant."
    -Surya. Wrote it for a class assing years ago in High School. One of the worst things I've ever written, but the only thing that even goes near horror. 8)
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Surya - Your story should have been called, "The Rose Hacker"!!! Good one, Buddy!

My next spooky tale took place on a long and winding road - Chandra was a truck driver. Most of the week he's away from home on his long haul assignments that took him the length and breadth of Malaya. Sometimes, he has another driver with him who also doubles up as the "cleaner", as they're called in Malaysia.

One night, while Chandra was driving the long and winding stretch near Trolak, Perak, he came across a strange phenomenon. The cleaner was of course fast asleep on this trip as he had driven all day, with snatches of rest in between. It must have been abt 2 am when Chandra was negotiating the sharp, hairpin bends when he came across the girl!

She had her back to him, long beautiful dark hair and barefoot, running on the side of the road in an easy jog. Nary a soul was in sight except for the high beam of his truck light and the girl running alongside the road. It would have been a perfectly innnocuous scene had it not been the wee hours of the early morning! But the icing on the cake was, Chandra must have driven like 5 minutes before he realised something else that left him in cold sweat. Throughout the duration of those agonising 5 minutes, the girl was always ahead of him!!!!! Mind you, he was driving a heavy truck that was going like 80 kph and this girl was only running on foot!!!!

Then just as realisation dawned on him, leaving him trembling with fear, the girl loped over what looked liked a big, monsoon drain and disappeared into the surrounding thicket of undergrowth!

Care to figure out what it was that dear Chandra might have seen??? Your guess is as good as mine!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That was pretty good! Strange, and freaky, which makes it good. 8)
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay.. this one happened to a friend....1989-90

This girl used to live opposite our house and we knew each other since child hood. My sister and her are the same age and they both were studying at a college very near Anna salai in Chennai. They used to go to college by bus. one day my sis was late to college and my dad had to drop her off . There was a small crowd near the college gate and in there was my neighbour. She was badly bruised and shivering with shock. She had missed the bus that stops besides the college and had taken another bus which stops half a mile from the college. She alighted the bus and was trying to cross the busy road. She made it to the middle and saw that the traffic lights were red and that no vehicle was coming and hence started to cross to the other side. Just then, a motorcycle had come from nowhere and they had a collision. She toppled and her books were all over the place. The signal went from Red to green and traffic started to flow.

In chennai, the nightmare is not the buses or heavy vehicles but motorcycles on such roads as the buses had spotted her and slowed down to stop. The motor cyclists, from behind the bus tried to go around it... this lead them directly to the girl. Suddenly , another girl appeared from no where, grabbed my friend and dragged her to safety. When asked, this girl told my friend that her name was Lalitha and that she was studying in the same college. Just then my dad and sister made it there and they thanked Lalitha for saving our friend and took her to the doctor.

Next day, my sister was enquiring about this Lalitha at her college and it seems nobody knew her. She was asking the college attendant if he knew of a Lalitha. This guy didnt know about the accident and told my sister that there is no one by that name, with the features that my sis described. He was a bit miffed when he was talking to my sis and was asking her if she was taking him for a ride...

She explained to this guy about the accident....and his jaw dropped... it seems there was one Lalitha, who studied in the college a few years back.... who unfortunaely was killed in a road accident.... precisely at the spot where our friend got hurt...by a motorcycle who was trying to run around a bus that was slowing down, seeing her in the road....
    A pizza with the radius "z" and thickness "a" has the volume pi*z*z*a.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, that was indeed a kind soul TS!! Nice to know that not all ghosts are freaky and angry at the living!

Post Thanks / Like
    This story is from a friend as well... this one is divine and not scary or ghostly.....

Many years ago, my friend's dad and around 10 of his friends decided to go to Sabarimala and joined another group. They had been there twice and this is the third year. Their original guru was down with health problems and hence they joined this group.

The trip was not that good. They did not have reserved seats in the train. Not enough food. Very bad planning and nobody to guide. When they came back, they dediced to go by themselves the next year. Those days trekking was very difficult and very little people go to the temple. They were scared about ths fact but then decided to take a chance. They arrived in Erumeli, a little village with a little mosque where they offer vibhUti as prasadam (only one in the world to do it) and started their trek. Few miles down the road, a stranger joined them. He was chatting with them and told them that his name is Ranganathan and is from Vellore, working in the court there. This new guy would show them directions and tell them stories about various things happened there. They halted that night in the forest. This man wouldnt sleep and was awake, looking out for wild animals. He would go down to the river at night and take bath a few times. The place is lika a refregerator in December and at night, in the open jungle it is simply unbearable cold. This man would still took bath a few times and came back as if it was summer. Two days later, they reached the temple and had a nice darshan, did the abhishekam with ghee that they took inside coconuts. Next day when they were about to leave, they asked him if he wants to accompany them and that they can drop him at Vellore. To this the man said...no need for that as i stay here.... They insisted him but he turned down.

One of the guys from the group went to vellore a few weeks later on business and thought of dropping by the "friend" who helped them. He found out that in the history of Vellore court, there was nobody by the name Ranganatham working there. This guy shared this info with his friends and suddenly, one by one, they realised his actions...

someone who joined them while they started the trek and guided them

baths in the middle of night when it is freezing

guards them against animals without sleeping

when they had food somewhere, the shop keeper charged them for less.. (they had thought that the shop keeper is giving a discount as they didnt know the language)

At the temple, for ghee abhishekam, one has to show the coconuts and get the tickets... they werent charged for the coconuts that the "friend" had brought...

and finally the hymns and mantrams that this friend would chat at the night.....

till date, they know nothing about the friend and believe that it is god himself who guided them that day...
    A pizza with the radius "z" and thickness "a" has the volume pi*z*z*a.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello there!

I too would like too write about my experiences when I get the time.......soon.

So many I do not know where to begin!

SONU GOPI

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast