Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chef Damodharan's Recipes.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SALEM MUTTON CHUKKA

Clean 250gm. boneless mutton & chop into small pieces. Heat 1 ladle of oil in a pan & splutter 1/4 tsp. fennel seeds. Then add 100gms. chopped small onions and saute till brown. Then add 1/2tsp. ginger garlic paste , and when it's raw smell goes, add 50 gms. of chopped tomatoes. Then add 2 tsp. chilli powder, 3 tsp. coriander powder & 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder & cook on medium flame till oil separates from the masala. Then add cleaned mutton , required salt, mix well. Cook , sprinkling little hot water from time to time. Once mutton is well cooked and all moisture is evaporated, remove and serve garnished with chopped coriander or curry leaves as desired.

THIRUVARUR AKKARA VADISAL

Boil 1litre of milk, add 1 cup water , 1 cup raw rice, 1/4 cup mung dal & 1/4 cup chana dal. Mix well & cook them on a medium steady flame till cooked very soft and fine. Meanwhile, place 2 1/2 cups of powdered jaggery in a pan, add 1/4 cup water and heat. Once it boils, remove from stove , strain & set aside. Once the rice/dal mixture is cooked very well, add this jaggery syrup and mix & cook well till moisture completely reduces. Heat 1/2 to 3/4 cup of ghee in a pan, add 10 broken cashews and roast them till light brown. Then add 1tsp. cardamom powder, mix & add this tempering to the jaggery & rice mixture. Mix thoroughly, leave covered for 20mins. Then serve hot.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RAMANATHAPURAM AINDHARISI PANIYARAM

Wash & soak together 1/2 cup each of pacharisi, puzhungal arisi, javvarisi [sago], whole urad & mung dal for 2 hrs. Grind to a smooth batter adding 2 Tbsp. of grated coconut.
    Powder 2 1/2 cups of jaggery, place in a pan and add water just to cover the jaggery. Heat until the jaggery melts, then strain to remove the dirt & add this jaggery syrup to the ground batter. Add 2tsp. of powdered cardamom, mix well and make paniyarams in a small kadai , as mentioned in previous recipes.

KANCHIPURAM IDLY

Clean & soak together 1/2 cup boiled rice, 1/2 cup raw rice & 1cup whole urad for 1 hour, grind to coarse rava consistency. Add salt & set aside to ferment for 5hrs. Heat 3 Tbsp. oil and pour 1 spoon oil into the fermented batter, mix well. In the remaining hot oil, splutter 1tsp. each of mustard, urad dal, crushed cumin, crushed pepper, 2tsp. chana dal, 1small piece ginger grated, 5 - 6 cashews broken and 3 dry red chillies split into bits. Add this seasoning to the batter. Also add 2Tbsp. grated coconut , mix the batter thoroughly but lightly. Grease small steel tumblers and pour batter upto just 1/2 the tumbler. Steam idlies on medium flame as usual, for 10mins. [ Can check if they are done by piercing centre of idlies with a sharp wooden skewer/stick ]. Serve hot with chutney / sambar.

TRICHY KARI [MUTTON] KOZHAMBU

Clean 1/2 kg. mutton & chop into pieces. Grind together 2Tbsp. grated coconut, 2 tsp. of khasakhasa [poppy seeds] & 5 cashews to a fine paste. Heat 2Tbsp. oil in a pan, and splutter 1tsp. of fennel and 2 nos. each of cloves, cardamom & cinnamon. Add 100gms. of small onions, finely chopped and fry till light brown. Then add mutton, 4 tomatoes chopped, 3tsp. chilli powder, 2 tsp. ginger garlic paste, 1 1/2tsp. coriander powder, 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder, stir well. Cook till raw smell goes. Then add 3 cups water, reduce heat, cover the pan & cook the mutton well. Then add salt, boil for 5 more mins. Add ground paste and after a further 5 minutes, remove from the stove. Garnish with curry leaves, serve hot.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi indu

I have seen some recipes of damo given by u. Many people like to do damo's recipe. But i dont know why u left it in half way.

What happened. ........................?

I have some recipes of damo's . So i wish to post it in this forum. Lets enjoy cooking damo's recipes.

I have few collections of damo. lets share and i wish everyone to give thieir feedback.

lavanya siva

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all

Before starting to see damo's recipe. I like to give few information about him.

Mr Dr Damodharan was born in chennai on 3 rd september 1954.

Because of his own interest he cam to this proffession. In 1999 he got "Indra Gandhi award" for his excellent job. He is one of the member in SOUTH INDIA CULINARY ASSOCAIATION. Again in 2000, he got RAJIV GANDHI EXCELLENCY AWARD

He also got a Prize of GOLD PIN in a world wide cookery competition helid in singapore. In last 20 years no indian has got this prize.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi all

He has recipes of both veg and non veg.

So i am proude to present all his recipes that i know. I also need all your feed back. Wish u all good luck.

lavanya siva

Post Thanks / Like

damo's

APPAM

ingredients :

boiled rice : 200 grms
    urad dhal : 50 grms
    feenugreek seeds : 1/4 tsp
    salt : to taste
    conconut milk : 1 cup
    soda : 1/4 tsp
    oil : 100 ml

preparation :

Soak boiled rice, urad dhal, fenugreek seeds for 3-4 hours and grint it to soft paste.

keep this paste for one whole night.

Then take it on the next day, add conconut milk, salt and soda to this paste and misx well.

Then take the appam pan and pour the mixture in the middle and then shake the pa n in circular motion ( to that it will come in round shape

Close the pan with lid till appam comes soft.

serve it hot with coconut milk .

Post Thanks / Like
    WISH U ALL A HAPPY KRISHNA JAYANTHI

Post Thanks / Like
    hi all, i have started a new thread called TASTY RECIPE COLLECTION, u can continue in that

Post Thanks / Like
    hi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12