Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garnishing ideas.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Garnishing ideas.

Hi everyone,

Garnishing is becoming a very important part in parties. Wherever I go to parties, the guests are all looking for the presentation first; then, comes to the taste.

So, shall we disscuss abt the same? Garnishing means how to decorate and how to make flowers or any other design from fruits/vegetables?

Recently, I watched a show in TV and also recorded that programme. They made sunflower in watermelon. I am yet to learn this art. So, pls share yr ideas with me. I am really curious to know and learn.

Thanks and Bye.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow R, I love this idea. I will definitely share some. One more thing we can do with Watermelon is make that as a fruit basket. I think many already know about this. Cut watermelon in the form of a basket with handle, then put all other fruits in it. One more thing we can do is use small cucumber as salad holder. Cut cucumber into half,scoop out the inner part, stuff all other veggies like grated carrots, finely cut green peppers, red peppers etc, basically make it more colorful. Mix these veggies with some kinda dressing you like before filling it up.
    Ofcourse these are little different from food garnishing. Just thought of sharing this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate yr quick response.

Not only garnishing, good presentation like you said while serving salad or any other dish is also welcome. For the cucumber holder, which is the holder? dont get it..can you clear me up?

Heard about watermelon basket, but have not tried personally.

I'll definitely try cucumber this week..

Thanks.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello R,
    Cucumber itself is the holder after taking the inner stuff out of it. Let me know if you have any more questions about this.

-Regards,
    Khushi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Khushi,

I dont get it; filling inside the cucumber like a basket-that part, ok. cucumber itself is a holder means???? can you explain me more? And, to make it stand, what do you do? Removing the bottom part so that it will sit, in that way?

Similarly with water melon, what do u do for holder?

Thanks and Bye.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kushi
    the cucumber idea is cute, have to try it. i have tried the watermelon, long back with the help of my mom, it is a hit in partys. i think we can try it with other melons too.

R, watermelon itself is big and so it just sits on the table, no need for any holder.

We can garnish curd rice with pomegranate seeds, or kothamalli leaves and carrots strips. or even cut seedles grapes.

i tried making methu vadai more pleasing by adding carrot strips to the vadai batter, so vadai looked colorful.
    for veg fried rice, noodles spring onions, kothamalli can be decorated.
    i have seen many keeping a flower made of tomato on the top, it looks pretty but haven't tried it.

generally kids love poori, but we can make it more interesting by using a cookie cutter like star shape etc and make small puris in those shapes. it will be interesting for kids.
    kz

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    Yeah cucumber is the holder, you don't have to do anything to make it stand. All you have to do is, take small size cucumbers around 4-5 inch, peel the outer skin, take out the inside stuff and fill it with veggies. If you are serving for 6 people, you need around 6 cucumbers. Hope I'm clear this time.

-Regards,
    Khushi.

-

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R,
    After peeling the skin, cut horizontally. I forgot to mention this in my previous post.

-Regards,
    Khushi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Kz and Khushi.

I am yet to read yr replies fully. On seeing Kz's postings about poori, came this question suddenly.

One of my friend made pooris with a triangular color (yellow, green and one more color). Imagine in a poori and three colors on three sides like an approximate triangle and the center is our original poori. no colors!!

Can u tell me how to make this triangular color poori? That was a big hit among kids and she said something; but, forgot totally.

Thanks and Bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    And Kz, you know our old hubber KH-she said that she had some mould and with that, she made carrot as a flower(decorated in the edges).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast