Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: quotes

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

quotes

Karl Marx, German political philosopher and economist (1818-1883).

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, & the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
    You just have to say no god. Stupid!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist (1835-1910).

"Man is a marvelous curiosity ... he thinks he is the Creator's pet ... he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to
    him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea." [Letters from the Earth]
    You just have to say no god. Stupid!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    George Bernard Shaw, Irish-born English playwright

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Periyar - freedom fighter, rationalist, social reformer (1879-1973)

"I will not subject you to a restraint, in the manner of scriptures and ancient works - by stating that you should trust what I say, that my words are Apocalyptic; and that if you do not believe me, you will become atheists and go to Hell.

If what I say is not agreeable to your instinct, knowledge, experience and inquiry, reject it."
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno - That alone would have made the masses agree to disagree, agreeably

Nothing like a master wordsmith to keep us hanging on to their every word, no matter how absurd. However, for a non-conformist to dogma, I agree with every word that Mark Twain said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nirosha sen
    Geno - That alone would have made the masses agree to disagree, agreeably
    Well! thats the most unique thing about Periyar! And if we consider his strong influence in the thamizh society we can understand why that is so too!

This is where "Dogma" and "Humane philosophies" differ and part ways - telling us which way to go!

It's altogether a different issue that each of us choose a particular way!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uhm!Nice thread!Just read my signature line.I am sure some of you could have seen it before. 8)
    "It was the inaction of those who could have acted,the indifference of those who should have known better,the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that made it possible for evil to triumph"-[Hailey Gabricelassie]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    Uhm!Nice thread!Just read my signature line.I am sure some of you could have seen it before. 8)
    Hi blah2!

Well! Is it some kinda subtle criticism about the quotes that have been given?

I don think there would be any friction in giving quotes. Please give some quotes that you have liked and admired

Post Thanks / Like
    " Few if any seemed to have grasped the truest principle of reality: new knowledge leads to yet more awesome mysteries. Greater physiological knowledge of the brain makes the existence of the soul less possible yet more probable by the nature of the search.

Do you see? Of course you don't. You've reached the limits of your ability to comprehend. But nevermind - that's beside the point. "

Stephen King, best-selling author and novelist, in "The Gunslinger"

Senior Member Regular Hubber aravindhan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ராமலிங்க சுவாமிகள்:

பெற்ற தாய் தனை மகன் மறந்தாலும்
    பிள்ளையை பெறும் தாய் மறந்தாலும்
    உற்ற தேகத்தை உயிர் மறந்தாலும்
    உயிரை மேவிய உடல் மறந்தாலும்
    கற்றன்ன சகம் கலை மறந்தாலும்
    கண்கள் இன்றிமைப்பது மறந்தாலும்
    நற்றவர் தொடருள் இருந்தெங்கும்
    நமச்சிவாயத்தை நான் மறவேனே

(The quotes here seemed a mite biased...)

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast