Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Home remedies and homemade products for face, body and hair

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks R and Napolims445 for responding. I will let my sis. in law know about this curry leaves, and nallennai too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi napolims,
    what is the proportion of curry leaves and coconut oil and we have to boil for how many minutes?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Indu,

Check this URL and it is about grey hair.

http://forumhub.com/southfood/22416.01.55.29.html

One more old thread is there, but didn't save in my favorites. If you want, can check the old thread.

Best of luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anandi,
    I do not follow any proportion as such. I can give u an approximation for 200 ml of parachute oil- may be 2-3 handfuls of curry leaves washed and dried of all water along with their twigs. and boil it on medium-low till u see black residue in the oil. then switch off and cool andf fill in bottle.

This oil leaves stain on light coloured dresses and bedsheets and pillows. so prepare accordingly by using old sheets and towels to spread on bed and wear old clothes.

Hope this helps.
    Please let me know the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot Napolims. Can we apply this daily and can we apply it for the whole length of the hair?because -u said it will stain..Then hpw do u handle it-do u apply only in the top ie in the roots I mean??

Post Thanks / Like
    Anandi,
    Yes..u can apply it daily and u can apply it to the full length of hair. But if u have cold its better to avoid any oil till u get rid of cold.
    when do i apply and how do i manage?
    ans- I apply it to the scalp and all of hair.
    I apply this in the mornings and leave it for atleast 2 hours and then have headbath or i plan ahead and when its time to wash bedsheets i apply it the previous night and in the morning put all the sheets for wash. but in any case if theere are any light colours I spread a dark towel on my pillow case and sleep on that. I always wear dark and old clothes when i apply this oil. because even though u strain this oil it will always have small black particles in it. so dont bother to strain the fine particles...thats fine..

Hope this clarifies ur question..

Post Thanks / Like
    so, that means you dont apply this oil daily, u apply only before taking head bath?[/list]

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Napolims,
    I have tried this coconut oil with curry leaves in it and it is just great. when i was in india my mom use to apply that oil only for me and i had so much thick ,silky hair ( hair loss was there but still growing) now after coming to US i stopped using that oil and found great difference. my mom used to add many more ingredients to the oil while boiling. but it is very effective.

I have tried applying the whole egg as my hair is dry so egg yolk is good . the hair is silky and healthy.

Anandi, regarding fenugreek seeds i mean the the methi particles get stuck in the drainage, do u grind it finely? may be i should try grinding it to a fine paste. have u tried methi powder? is it as effective as the paste?
    kz

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kz,
    I do add a lot of water while grinding methi seeds beause then only it will stick in the hair-still, it wont be v fine-its a bit coarse only, but I have never had the problem of it getting stuck in the bathtub etc..-or clogging the tub-it wont clog the tub as it dissolves itself..
    I have not tried the methi powder, but I have used Amla powder here and it is really good..
    I too had a v thick hair , but after comng to US , and the baby, my hair has reduced to less than 1/2 of what was before..I am just desperate to arrest hair fall and regrow the hair..Does any have any idea-will our hair grow back to its original thickness ever??

Post Thanks / Like
    anandi,
    yes true..i apply this oil when i have to take headbath. because otherwise u will stain everything ur head will come in contact and also it has fine black particles in it from curry leaves and u start to see them onm th e borderline of ur hair. i think applying once a week should work. Thats what my mother used to do when she had a severe hair fall problem but still it worked for her. after about a year people could see the difference and asked the secret.
    me..inspite of knowing the good effects of this oil....i'm just so lazy to apply everyweek. i do it kind of once a month.... talk about laziness...

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast