Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TANDOOR....At "Sadde Punjab Da Sanjha Chulha "

Member Junior Hubber Pammi Randhawa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mr.Nichiro,

Ya, me too agree with u abt what u wrote on Patrani machhi postings to me and Tomato.

That's why I've put basic recipe for further discussion so finer points can be discussed.
    Once the customer is satisfied , I'll put the package on the shelf.

I 've read through ur recipes in the website. I'm sorry but u give too long details I've no patience to do that.. Methinks people these days are well read to understand shorter pieces.

pammi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now you are talking. Pammi .. good to see your first recipe...we will wait for more.

I meant good.... with no ofence...

I have couple of Sardar friends.....I don't want to get caught on the wrong side of Sardarni... ..Sadda panga leneka koi plan nahi hai....

The idea of QC is good but it works in controlled environment...This is a open forum ...imagine if some one would like to make a

Patrani ni marghi(Packeted chicken) ....instead of Patrani ni machhi....So let people choose and criticise...

Now couple of days back ...for example we had a good difference of opinion on Raitha

In North India raitha is made with out mustard seasoning..where in Gujarat and Maharashtra... we make raitha with mustard seasoning

So you cannot control ...but one is always welcome to send his/her opinion and cook with it's own way...Happy cooking my friend...weekend is coming....FOOD...FRIENDS ...and

(idher eh problem hai...saddi Thums up nahi milti...)

Member Junior Hubber Pammi Randhawa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ash-970,

koi gal nahi. Tusi sadde naal aish karogi. Sadde punjab di mah ki dal recipe bas kal ya parson posting hogi.
    Tusi kitthe ho ji?

pammi

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Pammi,

Aassi jo sachhi gal karega uske nal hamesha rahenga ...

aur galat bat ka jamke opose bhi karenge... ..

to phir ho jaye ...Bole so nihal.....

Waiting for Mah ki dal...Cheersss...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello pammi,

Good to see you in action. Your recipe looks tempting enough for me to try this week end.

May be I will omit urad dhall.

In Gujarat and at my home, we cook Trevati dhall meaning, Channa, Tuver and Mung dhall mixture. Where in no elaborate spices are used. We use Asafoetida and may be onions at the most.

I noted your dig at my long recipes for which I have been told before also.

But I belong to old school where details are always insisted upon. You would be surprised to know that majority of my friends have been from technical background where they never had a chance/time to cook in India/before marriage.
    Minute details helped them.
    I think you have taken a bold step to post primary recipe and put it up for discussion.

I hope that you would enrich Forum Hub with good recipes.
    Raam Raahave Namah:

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nichiro,

My humble request ....do not omit urad daal ...just follow verbatim... I know this recipe and the taste is just yum...Daal ..
    garam garam chaaval / phulke ...aur aamka punjabi aachar...
    (uuuhhhhh I am drooling....)

Just once try the complete recipe... u will not regret...and thanks to Pammi again

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok ash_970, I will follow your advice.
    Raam Raahave Namah:

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the recipe Pammi.
    Instead of givin the measurements in terms of grams and litres, please use generic measurement of cups.

Thanks
    Anitha

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

Subject: Whether its necessary to post the source of the recipe.

My opinion: As much as possible, yes!

I partly agree with tomato about the QC control. Afterall this is a forum to discuss our experiences and recipes. Whether obtained as a word of mouth or through other published sources we should be able to share our experiences and resources.

We can rightfully request ppl to post the source their recipes, would that not be fair ?

I know we may not have noted down the source name when storing it in our personal database(I have several such recipes that I have just accumulated without noting down the details of the source.)
    At times, we may end up modifying them too(I do that all the time, by adding additional comments for my future reference, etc..)
    In an event of posting such recipes, one may use a disclaimer saying that they would be willing to credit the source if its discovered.

In all other instances, if the recipes are obtained from books, magazines or other internet resources, we should credit the source. Otherwise its "internet plagiarism".

If one has frequented google groups, you would notice that most ppl quote the source of their recipe if obtained from other published sources.

Admitting a source does not belittle one's capability, infact would be a humble act.

With my subject of discussion stated clearly, I am not passing an "UnderCurrent" for or against anybody. As a fellow hubber am expressing my honest opinion.

Thanks,
    Minni

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Minni,
    Agree with u 100%. You have written the very thought that I had in mind, only u have expressed it better than I would have.

Pammi,
    Thanx for posting tha dal recipe. Will try it out and post the feedback.
    Your recipe looks quite simple and straight forward.I like the fact taht I don't need to make numeruos pastes and masalas. Also appreciate that everthing is going into one pot so less dishes to wash. This is what I call everyday cooking.
    The more eleborate recipes(party fare) from u r also welcome though.
    My next request would be mater paneer. Also do post some notes on paneer if possible.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast