Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast

Thread: Shankers Anniyan Songs

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Do u guys know that the anniyan songs were from ARR's recycle bin? He just put them in his computer bin since he didnt like it and then shankar wanted to give those songs to HJ since HJ didnt know how to compose any music for the film!! This is the fact!! Infact ARR saved HJ from a disaster..Love live the King!
    shocking,many 'ARR fans' now days support ARR & condemn him at the wrong time!! so Arjuna,glad we r stil in the right track! lets cheer for it & aah aah!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    njv, I cannt believe u saying that Anniyan is better than Aa Aaha... When we all heard Anniyan the first time, i felt like going and thrashing Shankar for having choosen HJ (better option would have been Joshau Sridhar), but when the movie released, we started liking it but Aa Aaha is great on first hearing and imagine what will happen after it gets released.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anniyan album has a good mix of soft carnatic, peppy, and mass numbers. Although there are bits stolen from elsewhere in each song, the overall product is packaged nicely in the usual HJ way. The feel after hearing the songs is really pleasant, and it is this overall feeling that becomes important when one listens to the complete album. A ah has a remarkable number by ARR (IMO, comparable with the best that Anniyan offers and, arguably, even better), and a melody in MayiliragE which, although superb, is arguably only as good as the two carnatic numbers in Anniyan (not better, IMO). The problem is with the other numbers which may invite considerable diverse opinions, and lower the overall feeling of the album. Where Anniyan was classy (IMO), A ah may come across as a brazen, loud (especially orchestration) effort by ARR. We will know how we feel about A ah after about a month or so. In particular, my opinion is likely to suffer further editings as time moves by.

It is also important to understand the final musical product also depends on the director. Shankar demands great songs while SJS probably demands MGR-like mass songs, some of which may be loud and noisy.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    yo music4eva,its ur opinion rite,so dun bother to clear things with me!!!and 1 thing for sure, Anniyan was def much much better than those 2 albums from IR lately,def much classier...what u guys say??and Ah aah is too comercial to be in the 'class' of Anniyan...
    Definitely. Anniyan is much better than ONOK and AOKK and even aah Aah is better than ONOK and AOKK. AOKK is not even a good album, but ONOK is a decent one, but again the songs are of yester generation, othing new.

Now a days, people like fast peppy song and from that aspect Anniyan shine above all of these.

Take my word, Puli (is that the name) of Vijay will be a bigger hit than Aah Aah,since ARR wont have anything but fast - peppy - beatz. So as far as ARR album goes, for this year, I am happy with Rising but not with Aah Aah, and expecting (eagerly) on Zilendra Oru Kaatru (hoping it will be along the lines of Rhythm) and Puli (just for beatz).

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alias
    njv, I cannt believe u saying that Anniyan is better than Aa Aaha... When we all heard Anniyan the first time, i felt like going and thrashing Shankar for having choosen HJ (better option would have been Joshau Sridhar), but when the movie released, we started liking it but Aa Aaha is great on first hearing and imagine what will happen after it gets released.
    Alias

You are right. When I first heard Anniyan, the CD straigt away went to the bottom of the rack, but after I watched the movie it came to the top,specially Remo song. We have few NI guys playing some remix beatz all the time, very loud in an open car and they always think that their songs are THE best. Just to respond to them, I open my car and usually play the following songs

1. Thalapathi (speically katukkuyilu manasukkulla)
    2. Agni Natchatram (sply Ninukkori varanum)
    3. Boys (ppl panic when I play this, its an atomic bomb)

I dont play ARR songs which are already copied in Hindi, cuz it wont be fun!. I have few more but that wont interest you (like Aatama Therottama from Captain Prabakaran, Something from Anjali)

Now anniyan is on that list - it is just beatz nothing else. To me, Anniyan an answer to Dhoom.

HFM would need another century to anser to Boys (unless ARR does it pretty soon)

So its just my view, again like Music4Even mentioned, the view WILL change depends on how good the movie/picturization of teh songs are. I already saw the promo clip and SJS copied MJ in one of the dance, but lets see the movie.

One more time, I am not saying all these to create any kinda war. I decided to actively participate in ARR forums also, since he had a high regard for IR and TIS and I thought I should change myself and accept (and ofcourse critizise) ARR song as well Openly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah aah is not ARR's best yet two fast songs in this album are better than Anniyans fast songs. KK nokia is one irritating song.
    Mayilragey is definitely better than two melodies of Anniyan. Thigu Thigu will probably be on par with either of them. But where ARR loses is Thazhuvuthu – any track from Anniyan would easily beat this. And the experimental Varugirai which may not go well with the masses - it's just my opinion. Still 4 songs of Ah aah will rescue it to be better than Anniyan. But just by a whisker.

Post Thanks / Like
    next sentence when Jil endru oru kadhal or Puli released " Def anniyan is better,had better love songs & more classier "

PREDICTABLE!! u guys enjoy ur Onion songs & guys,we move on with Ah aah...ok va!!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever
    Anniyan album has a good mix of soft carnatic, peppy, and mass numbers. Although there are bits stolen from elsewhere in each song, the overall product is packaged nicely in the usual HJ way. The feel after hearing the songs is really pleasant, and it is this overall feeling that becomes important when one listens to the complete album. A ah has a remarkable number by ARR (IMO, comparable with the best that Anniyan offers and, arguably, even better), and a melody in MayiliragE which, although superb, is arguably only as good as the two carnatic numbers in Anniyan (not better, IMO). The problem is with the other numbers which may invite considerable diverse opinions, and lower the overall feeling of the album. Where Anniyan was classy (IMO), A ah may come across as a brazen, loud (especially orchestration) effort by ARR. We will know how we feel about A ah after about a month or so. In particular, my opinion is likely to suffer further editings as time moves by.

It is also important to understand the final musical product also depends on the director. Shankar demands great songs while SJS probably demands MGR-like mass songs, some of which may be loud and noisy.
    dont trouble ur self to like AH aah songs ok va??jjust ignore the songs & enjoy onion,sorry Anniyan songs...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinesh2002, cool down You are a tremendous fan of a MD who I also admire, and I find it praiseworthy that you stick by him always. You should, however, understand that everyone need not be like you, and that many others may enjoy both ARR and HJ (and IR and MSV et al.) You should allow them the freedom to express their thoughts, instead of brusquely cutting them off. I also note that you are not abusive which is very commendable.

Post Thanks / Like
    hahahah...no da Music,i too enjoy all music,even Hj's,please notice this too !....well,if the music is good,i really except it,check out my review for anniyan in mouthshut,a clean heart!! but seriously AH Aah is better,im the person who agrees fact.but still an ARR fan ( hardcore)...lately which i say the best came from HJ is Mazhai Mazhai & enna panthada song,those 2 were my fav when it got released,but anniyan is even no where there,when i listen to Kumari,i just rather listen to En Uyir tozhiye!or when i lsten to randaka,i just take my mudhalvan cd out & listen to Uppu karuvadu...when Iyengaaru comes,Narumugaye enters into my winamp! ill provide my link to my anniyan review.. here it is : http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Anni...m-73695-1.html