Thread: All about baking

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
    Submitted by: Diane Abed
    Rated: 5 out of 5 by 402 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 50 Minutes
    Yields: 24 servings

"I make a basic chocolate chip cookie dough, but use white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and brandy (instead of vanilla). Great for Christmas time!"
    INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon brandy 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 cup white chocolate chips
    1 cup dried cranberries

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
    2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and brandy. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
    3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Tried the cookie just now which i foun in the following site.
    It is just amazing. This cookie is keeper. i used m&m instead of cranberry.

http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/WhtChcltCrnbrryCks.asp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's a yummy but simple one for the baking annals from our local newspaper!meant to side with grilled meat but tasted just great with my daily rice roti fare.

Roasted mushrooms and veggies

(hands on:10min total time:30min)

1 box of cremini,button or portebella mushrooms wiped clean
    and cut into quarters
    1 med.red and
    1 med.green capsicum,cut into med.size pcs
    1/2 cup small(petite) frozen peas rinsed and drained
    200gms small cherry or grape tomatoes,whole
    1 small red onion sliced l-wise

2 tablespoon olive oil
    2 tablespoon butter melted
    black pepper to taste
    2 tbsp chopped parsley leaf

preheat oven 400 degreesf
    spread out evenly the mushrooms,peas,onion,red and green pepper, and whole cherry tomatoes on a large baking sheet with sides.the end result will be dry.drizzle with oil and melted butter,salt(if ur using unsalted butter) and pepper and stir to coat.now roast for 18-20 min,stirring often until the mushrooms r golden brown and tomatoes soft.sprinkle with parsley(i used coriander ) and more salt and pepper if reqd. and serve warm.

regards,
    rain

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem rain. I am going to make it again anyway as soon as I get some ricotta cheese. I will post it in a couple of days.

By the way, I assume yours turned out crumbly because you didn't beat the cheese and sugar very well?? The batter should be smooth with no sugar grains.

Quote Originally Posted by grapes
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPepper
    Shobha,

Delighted to see that you have figured it out yourself. I have been wondering and planning to make another batch of rasmalai to see where you could have gone wrong. Thanks for the feedback.
    dear redpepper sorry to trouble u bt i think u will have to try out the receipe again 4 me, i tried out the receipe just as u said bt the only thing i did was i do not have a corning dish so i used a 9" non stick round baking pan & it baked 4 all most 55 min & it was still sticking to the tooth pick so i baked it 4 some more time it started to brown slightly so i removed it after abt 65 min i was not able to cut them into sqs they were very soft, it tastes like palkowa could u plz help me ( they were bubbling while in the oven does this normally happen i kept it at 300f )
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Junior Member Junior Hubber grapes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem rain. I am going to make it again anyway as soon as I get some ricotta cheese. I will post it in a couple of days.

By the way, I assume yours turned out crumbly because you didn't beat the cheese and sugar very well?? The batter should be smooth with no sugar grains.
    thanks a lot redpepper could u plz take a couple of pictures before & after baking & post them in, they would be a great help.
    sorry 4 the inconvience.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot redpepper could u plz take a couple of pictures before & after baking & post them in, they would be a great help.
    sorry 4 the inconvience.
    Ooops... I thought your username was 'rain'. Sorry grapes. Yes I will take the pictures.
    Red Pepper

Post Thanks / Like
    OK grapes. The pictures are ready for you. Since this forum doesn't allow me to post pictures, I have to drag you to my blog. Please follow me.......http://myworksh0p.blogspot.com/2006/...-rasmalai.html
    Red Pepper

Senior Member Regular Hubber kavithasenthil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Redpepper,

Saw ur post on rasamalai in ur blog. tried today with ready mix in oven method. Got good result. In ur pictures..found that the top portion got brown colour. u can avoid that and get wonderful white color by covering the tray with aluminium foil. try when u make rasamalai next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kavithasenthil
    Hello Redpepper,

Saw ur post on rasamalai in ur blog. tried today with ready mix in oven method. Got good result. In ur pictures..found that the top portion got brown colour. u can avoid that and get wonderful white color by covering the tray with aluminium foil. try when u make rasamalai next time.
    Thank you for the wonderful idea kavitha. In fact, I thought about covering the dish, but was afraid if the batter would bubble up and boil over if I do so. I had such an experience while baking caramel custard once. I will definitely try this next time.
    Red Pepper

Junior Member Junior Hubber grapes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    THANKS 4 the detailed illustrated receipe redpepper i will try it tomorrow & let u know the results.(i do not have a hand blender so i am going to try it in the mixi lets see how this works)

Post Thanks / Like
    THANKS 4 the detailed illustrated receipe redpepper i will try it tomorrow & let u know the results.(i do not have a hand blender so i am going to try it in the mixi lets see how this works)
    Grapes, I don't know how it would be if you do it in a mixie. Do you have a wire whisk? Thats what I use sometimes & it works fine.
    Red Pepper

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast