Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of reasons why you should'nt take Dowry

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the worst part is if you love and marry you won't get dowry!!
    that's just it the guy who says ma? what ma? No one can stop me! I love only you (ewwwwww) anyways when he has to tie the knot...all of a sudden it's ma wants this so badly...got to respect our elders and so on...so shell it out baby i'm worth it!

anyways Visu i don't know why gurls wouldn't respect guys for no dowry....why wouldn't they?...by not demanding money they are less of a man? Besides all the vicious rumours by others that there's "something" wrong with him...or parents caught him fooling around...and are desperate to marry him off...that's why they want no dowry....besides all that rubbish why wouldn't one respect such a man?

what should be a sensible investment to the future has caused so much trouble...i say make both parents pay...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Querida!
    You stated the most obivious reasons. Besides that Dowry is nowadays more of a prestige issue to the bride's side. They want to show themselves infront of their relatives. In such situations they will force to accept big fat dowry.

But its cruel to compel bride's side when they can't afford dowry. couple of my relatives, married girls without dowry(before 20 years). To their horror those ammani's turned very very fuzzy ,constantly taunting Poor MILs&FILs,screaming at hubbies. Fate has different answers even when we are 100% nice. As shekar said marriage is a gamble .Everybody can play the game.But few manage to hit rummy.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fate has different answers even when we are 100% nice

kadamaiai sei palanai ethir paraathae!
    (do your duty and dont expect anything in return)

Post Thanks / Like
    For real Visu? wow i never would have thought so...!
    Well i guess if the marriage is arranged you kinda know what you're getting in terms but it's the independent marriages who ask for dowry that really burns me up...i would love if every gurl could give a real talking to like in Lajja with Mahima Chaudry anyways Shekhar and other knotted hubbers would know better than me about this reality so don't take it seriously when im just kidding around

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

// i say make both parents pay... //

- getting settled before marriage - does that apply only for guys...? why should always parents has to pay for the marriages and why not the bride and the grooms themselves?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suressh,

“The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suressh

// i say make both parents pay... //

- getting settled before marriage - does that apply only for guys...? why should always parents has to pay for the marriages and why not the bride and the grooms themselves?
    Bride and the grooms themselves? Make it groom only!!

When I got married, we intimated our parents of our marriage almost after a week, knowing their opposition. I saw my parents after two years after my son was born. My wife went to her house at the death of her father. So no money from parents!!
    From bride and groom?! My wife was/is not working. Infact she hardly works even at home!! So I had to shell down from my precious pocket even for my marriage expense. It is all my mother's fault. She must have dropped me on my head when I was a child!!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh fret not, dear Shekhar!! It's hats off to men like you, who don't burden parents for anything, Pa!!

Same here, no money from parents!! Just my better half's and my savings!! We spent A - Z on everything and neither richer nor poorer for the experience, monetarily that is!!

Certainly, the experience took its toll when you run around to do everything!! At the end of the day, our pride stuck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh geez i was just kidding! hence the evil emoticon.... like our parents dont spend enough on their kids! Like Nirosha said better the groom and bride shell out cause the case nowadays they both work anyways and also it's easier to go overboard when you're not paying....if you're the ones paying you'll think more carefully on stuff that ends up turning weddings into a tacky joke...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekhar

Bride and the grooms themselves? Make it groom only!!

When I got married, we intimated our parents of our marriage almost after a week, knowing their opposition. I saw my parents after two years after my son was born. My wife went to her house at the death of her father. So no money from parents!!
    From bride and groom?! My wife was/is not working. Infact she hardly works even at home!! So I had to shell down from my precious pocket even for my marriage expense. It is all my mother's fault. She must have dropped me on my head when I was a child!!!
    Thalai! ungaluku romba periya manasu!

Umm... The marriages are getting westernized too. I seriously doubt what fun we will have when we arrange by ourselves . Inviting parents as Guests like in west.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast