Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Two Ethical Questions!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Scenario B ) You are bystander and you see the traion rushing at the group of kids. There is no paralell track.There is this large man next to you and you can surprise him and push him on the tracks. If you do that the train hits and kills the man but stops and thus the kids are saved. If you don't do anything the kids will die.
    What would you do ?
    Why shouldn't YOU do the right thing and step onto the tracks, to stop the train?
    NOV!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Scenario B ) You are bystander and you see the traion rushing at the group of kids. There is no paralell track.There is this large man next to you and you can surprise him and push him on the tracks. If you do that the train hits and kills the man but stops and thus the kids are saved. If you don't do anything the kids will die.
    What would you do ?
    Why shouldn't YOU do the right thing and step onto the tracks, to stop the train?
    This brings us to a bigger question: is there anything worth dying for ? Usually people die for all sorts of things from ideologies to high-school crushes. One would jump in front of the train only if living with the guilt of having murdered the man, or having let the kids die is so overwhelming that it makes living wretched.
    Personally , I find this highly unlikely. That's why I'd push the man.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    This brings us to a bigger question: is there anything worth dying for ? Usually people die for all sorts of things from ideologies to high-school crushes. One would jump in front of the train only if living with the guilt of having murdered the man, or having let the kids die is so overwhelming that it makes living wretched.
    And then jump in front of the next train, to get rid of the guilt of having murdered a man???
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbadri99
    And then jump in front of the next train, to get rid of the guilt of having murdered a man???
    That option is always there. But standing here I'm not sure guilt will my guilt will be so strong .....a word of advice: stay away from me
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    PR warned: .
    stay away from me
    No fear of that mate! Not unless you intend coming to Melbourne in the near future! At any rate, no one walks on the tracks here! You'll be fined heavily if you did!
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345