Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: House Hold Tips

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    use swiffer dry sheets for dusting. as u r cleaning the dust gets locked in the sheet and does not let the dust spread. My house will be dust free at least the day i clean and its time for dusting the next week.
    Hope this is what u were looking 4.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone has a schedule for cleaning the house. normally if i don in weekend it takes 4-5 hrs for celaning the entire house. how do u ppl manage.
    if anyone can share their tips that would be great

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try using a Micro-Fiber cloth for wiping the dust on furniture etc. In my opinion they are the best not only for dusting but for cleaning sinks, kitchen counters, furniture etc. Look for Micro Fiber clothes package at Target, Wal-Mart etc in the automotiv section or at Costco and Sam's club - they are very inexpensive there.
    They are also available online at a higher price from the Solutions catalog at http://www.solutionscatalog.com/jump...ProductID=1361
    My husband uses them for cleaning his car. I tried it for home cleaning and I am convert. It also helped me reduce the harsh chemicals that we use for cleaning considerably. They basically grip the dust and any small particles.
    Caution: Don't mix the ones that you use for house cleaning from the ones that you use for automobiles because they may grip small particles of dirt and scratch your car.
    Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Storage

Hi,
    To store the physical photos, You can group the photos according to occassions and put them in an envelope or a cover and label it. Once you are done with sorting, arranging and labeling these envelopes, you can pick a plastic storage box and keep the photos in them...The photos will be stored in an organized way...

Anitha

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning

Hi GV

Instead of cleaning the house on one single day for 4-5 hrs, you can clean one room for a day. That will break down the job. And some simple tips are...
    1) you get plenty of ads with news papers or mail box, jus scan them and if u dont need them immediately throw it in trash..this way u wont accumulate more trash.

2)Make sure that who ever in house is using a thing returns them in the place where they are. In this way ull save time in reorganising things again.

3) For the kitchen, as and when u finish cooking jus clean the place, and in night before go for sleep wash all the dishes , clean the gas top and make sure everything is clean so that u can begin the next day easily...When u do it on a daily basis the gas tops will be easier to clean instead of scrubbing them on one single day.

4)Vaccum once in a week or 10 days....This way u can always manage to kep the home clean...

Anitha

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

hi

Hi gv and Anitha!
    what Anitha suggested is absolutely right! I do the same way at my house.
    And also Bath Tub,which can be cleaned once in 6 to 7 days so that it won't look dirty.

And one can place Scented Fabric Softner ,one each in closets near shoe stand etc...in the places where u want to smell good also in the pillow cover so that it smells good.

Potash Alum when kept in a small bowl in the fridge, absorbs odours.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a good tip saritha cleaning the bath tub often. it will really save a lot of work

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone suggest Brand name?

Hi All,
    Can any anyone suggest me good cleaning powders or sol for cleaning the oil splutters on kitchen walls and grease in the oven! I am also looking for some good solution for cleaning the bath tub too. I am in US, some brand found in the local market will be really useful.

Apujittu

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My kitchen sink is ceramic. Its all stained and has few scratche also. Can any one suggest how to remain the stains(some what light yellow in color )

TIA

GV

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

hi

Hello Apujittu,

Bath tub:
    For the bath tub cleaning, I use "CLR" which is around 3 to 4$.
    It cleans out well.Just got to spray it all over the bath tub and leave it for 3 to 4 minutes.Then take a sponge(u get in walmart too) and rub the tub.That's all .It smells good and also cleans well.

Kitchen walls:
    And to clean the oil spluttering in kitchen walls, u can rub with wet plastic-wired cleaner which is used to clean vessels with solution (used to clean vessels)on it.

But best thing u can do in order to keep the wall clean in kitchen is to tape an Aluminuin foil in the area where usually oil splutters.
    With this U can keep changing the foils when necessary.

Gas Stove:

U can wrap the aluminium foil to the gas stove plates so that u will have to change the foil once in a while to keep clean from seasoning splutterings.

And cleaning the gas stove immediately after ur cooking work will save lot of work at once and also the strain.

Saritha

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast