Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: House Hold Tips

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also if you check the kitchen section in Amazon.com, you"ll get some ideas...you can read the reviews also..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi R
    I have actually got a coffee grinder for my Mom which is Indian Voltage compatible..My mom found it very useful when she was here since u can powder almost anything..

GVB

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi gvb, did you get the coffe grinder in us? could you please let me which brand is that? i am going to india in another three months and have started shopping...thanks

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    R,

This is my personal opinion, not to offend: I do not understand why they invent sofisticated gadgets for something so simple as garlic peeling. I just press its head(of the clove) at an angle on the counter and there it spilts the cover and off comes the peel. In the event I need to peel a whole lot of garlic, my mom taught me to smear the cloves with turmeric(haldi) and oil and leave for couple minutes. The covers become even more easy to remove.
    The one you are referring to is most probably a small tube in which the cloves are put in and rubbed against the counter. Then comes off the peel.

Martha stewart has a product line introduced by herself. She uses all those nifty tools that most ppl don't even need. Whenever I watch her show I felt she was trying to market new tools in her line. Personally, I like most things about her, but I feel most of the gadgets that are on the show are unnecessary.
    On one of her shows when she had a guest chef, they were trying to make those curly fries from potatoes with the help of a nifty tool, Martha could use it, but her guest chef declared its not her cup of tea after failing couple times and went the manual way!

Minni

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Minni, of course I know that it is very easy to peel off the garlic. And, infact, dont have either pepper grinder! or galric peeler becoz I always tell my husband that it is easy to manage without those things.

Being a newly married thought that we have to give some thing new. I was looking at the bed, bath site and everything seems to be very big. so, have to stick with something since she is going to visit me in a couple of days and leaving before this week. So, I dont have time to explore more and have to buy something before she is here.

thanks, anyways for yr opinion.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi gvb,

Do u have any site to see the picture of the grinder? Becoz, I remember seeing that it is little bigger. Am i right?

thanks

And, will check the thread for slicer, a_gopinathan. thanks to both of you for the info.,

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hai

I have a coffee grinder , Black and decker. Its very good and I feel its very useful. I use it to powder cardamon and powdering small quantities of jeera pepper etc. It costs around 12$ to 16$. Its available in walmart ,target too.
    Though garlic peeling is easy, I too personally think that the garlic press is a good item to be taken home , especially for new householders

Hai gvb

I would like to know where you got the Indian Voltage compatible one . I would like to buy one too.

Priya

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi a_gopinath,priya
    i got the coffee grinder when i had been to chicago .The brand is Braun and it costs around $15..I think i have the shop's fone no with me somewhere..Let me know if u need it..

Hi R,
    Its actually not big at all..And very very useful..Initially i even used it for grating coconut..Check this out..its the first one..
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...ywords=grinder

Post Thanks / Like
    R,
    This is the shop where i got mine from..
    http://www.bombayelectronics.com/kit...ex.html#coffee

the one i have purchased is "Braun Coffee Grinder KSM2 "..u can see the pic here too..

Hi Priya,a_gopinath

check this site out..u can get all details from there and maybe a few ideas on what to get for a trip back home to India.

GVB

Post Thanks / Like
    R,
    This is the shop where i got mine from..
    http://www.bombayelectronics.com/kit...ex.html#coffee

the one i have purchased is "Braun Coffee Grinder KSM2 "..u can see the pic here too..

Hi Priya,a_gopinath

check this site out..u can get all details from there and maybe a few ideas on what to get for a trip back home to India.

GVB

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast